The Daytona 500 (Pre-Race)

Well yeah. Someone publishes the schedule and misses the first and one of the best races.
And he is right about one thing, it also doesn't tell where.
When I went to school, we learned: who, where, what, when and how, and why.
But that seems gone with your generation. Sad🙄
When I went to school I learned to not insult people until AFTER I got what I asked for.

Last edited:
Here Larry, a much more harmonious outcome using this schedule. Bookmark it.
1612312035416.png

Where is the clash?
Well yeah. Someone publishes the schedule and misses the first and one of the best races.
And he is right about one thing, it also doesn't tell where.
When I went to school, we learned: who, where, what, when and how, and why.
But that seems gone with your generation. Sad🙄

To answer your question, there was already a separate thread titled "busch clash" on the forum, so I purposely omitted it and posted the start time there.

Since it is an exhibition race that is now on the road course, it has it's own thread.

Posting the start time for this race here.

SCM_ClashRoadCourse_COM.jpg

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9​

NASCAR Cup Series
7 p.m. ETBusch Clash at Daytona
FS1

MRN

Here Larry, a much more harmonious outcome using this schedule. Bookmark it.
View attachment 53017
Thank you, really. I already use the NASCAR ap. I was mostly busting balls. But it is a pet peeve of mine that people don't include information. I mean if you want to look like a hero go big or go home. Another thing that rubs me, announcers that shorten words to some "cute" quip.
I mean, they get paid plenty, earn the bucks.

Thank you, really. I already use the NASCAR ap. I was mostly busting balls. But it is a pet peeve of mine that people don't include information. I mean if you want to look like a hero go big or go home. Another thing that rubs me, announcers that shorten words to some "cute" quip.
I mean, they get paid plenty, earn the bucks.

tenor.gif

Larry's funny I like this guy.

I admit it ... I did a poor job there.

Poor Larry ...

I was just thinking of how little I care about the Daytona 500 and how sad that is.

It's not been the same to me ever since the playoffs were implemented, and since Fox Sports scaled back Speedweeks coverage so much.
I was thinking the same thing today. 15+ years ago half of the people with whom I acquainted myself were either into NASCAR or the 500 at the very least. Half of the people into either of those would throw (Daytona) 500 parties and place cash bets on their predicted winner/highest finisher and throw the name into a hat. Everyone looked forward to those types of parties every February but they seemingly ceased to exist overnight around 2005.

My hardcore racing friends and I would also watch every possible second of Speedweeks that was televised...2+ weeks of almost daily coverage that never failed to entertain. Now it is basically just down to the duels, clash, and the 4 races if you include ARCA. The hype leading up to the 500 is just no longer there and it is 100% the fault of NASCAR

I was just thinking of how little I care about the Daytona 500 and how sad that is.

It's not been the same to me ever since the playoffs were implemented, and since Fox Sports scaled back Speedweeks coverage so much.
I think I agree with you on the coverage part, seems like every Speedweek practice or event was televised on Speed or Fox. But that might be my own fault due to becoming a working adult and not having much time to watch anymore except on a Xfinity series Saturday or Sunday race day. I will disagree in that to me, Daytona 500 Sunday is one of my five most favorite days on the calendar, just something special about it. I guess I am a sucker for the history, prestige, pageantry and tradition of the race.

I agree. All I'm really waiting for are, the chase and the twin 125's.
The 500 is really kind of boring.

Rain is always considered when it is Daytona 500 time

Will Later Race Starts Mean More Rain Outs?​

Unlike other series, NASCAR mostly doesn’t race in the rain, so thunderstorms are more of a problem for NASCAR than some other racing series.

But there’s also a geographical issue. 35-45% of NASCAR races are in the southeastern part of the country. And the southeastern part of the country is much more likely to have thunderstorms than any other part of the country, as shown below

1612455536396.png

1612455597898.png

2016-2020
1612456016426.png

Last edited:
That's an interesting set of stats, considering Dale only ran 5 superspeedway and 6 short track races in that span. 2000 was a good year but I don't know that one year's average is a fair comparison with everyone else's 10 years or more. Ditto Elliott and Martin, who didn't run more than a handful of years into the century. Indeed, the number of years spanned is 21, an odd time frame. One might suspect 2020 was included just to get Dale's averages in.

Gordo ran 16 of those 20 years, and Jr. 17, a much better basis for comparison.

Last edited:
That's an interesting set of stats, considering Dale only ran 5 superspeedway and 6 short track races in that span. 2000 was a good year but I don't know that one year's average is a fair comparison with everyone else's 10 years or more. Gordo ran 15 of those 20 years, a much better basis for comparison.
There is a 20 year average, a 4 year average and a 1 year average posted.

Back
Top Bottom