The End of the Camaro, Revman's prayers have been answered lol.

Tell me you'll ever mistake what Toyota fields in a NASCAR race for one of Revman's Supras. 'Closer', not 'close'.
It's been worse

1686855073885.png

With today's NextGen car having very little in common with the street cars that are "represented", does it matter what models GM carries in its fleet?

They can apply Chevy stickers to whatever NASCAR's spec body happens to be.

With today's NextGen car having very little in common with the street cars that are "represented", does it matter what models GM carries in its fleet?

They can apply Chevy stickers to whatever NASCAR's spec body happens to be.
That's a matter of opinion. The current cars are closer to OEMs in looks than they have been in years.

I do not, nor have I ever approved of asymmetrical race car bodies. The two sides of the car should be mirror images of each other by rule. Doesn't drive good? Too damn bad, everybody is the same boat, figure it out.

I don’t recall the Gen 4 being a “good” driving car from the stands. It was a handful to throttle those cars.

I think that's the point @Formerjackman is making. The cars should be hard to drive and get around the track so that it's a true test of a driver's ability.

My rule of thumb is that if the drivers like it and find it “comfortable” then it’s going to lead to bad racing. The drivers should be struggling and pushing the car to the limit on every lap.

My rule of thumb is that if the drivers like it and find it “comfortable” then it’s going to lead to bad racing. The drivers should be struggling and pushing the car to the limit on every lap.

One thing I do like about the NextGen car is that they removed the side force. So drivers just couldn't lean on aero to get around the turns. Honestly I think if they go back to narrower tires and unleash the Cup engines, they may have something that'll rival Gen4 in terms of handling.

I think that's the point @Formerjackman is making. The cars should be hard to drive and get around the track so that it's a true test of a driver's ability.

Well, that's PART of my point, but the bigger point was that ANYTHING that calls itself a stock car should NEVER be allowed to have the bodies bastardized like that. I don't blame the teams for using the tools given to them, but there is simply NO justification for sanctioning bodies to allow it. It's just embarrassing and wrong.

So now Chevy is racing a car no longer in production, and people want to give me **** about a two door Camry that doesn't exist?

1702753815204.png

I wanted to buy a Garage 56 Camaro and called ALL the Hendrick Cars dealerships in North Carolina to no avail. Shifted my hopes then to Kansas City Hendrick Cars, and got put on a list to where I was the third person to where the dealership would be getting an allotment of 3. I had high hopes, as keep in mind only 56 of these babies were being made. The UAW strike crushed my dreams and the dealership called about two weeks ago to tell me they weren’t getting an allotment anymore as production has been pushed back. Sad face, I now want a ZL1 which is infinitely cooler car than any Camry can hope to be.

I wanted to buy a Garage 56 Camaro and called ALL the Hendrick Cars dealerships in North Carolina to no avail. Shifted my hopes then to Kansas City Hendrick Cars, and got put on a list to where I was the third person to where the dealership would be getting an allotment of 3. I had high hopes, as keep in mind only 56 of these babies were being made. The UAW strike crushed my dreams and the dealership called about two weeks ago to tell me they weren’t getting an allotment anymore as production has been pushed back. Sad face, I now want a ZL1 which is infinitely cooler car than any Camry can hope to be.
1702781144962.png

Well, my first car was a 1974 Corolla. Then I bought a brand new 1976 Corolla SR5, which at the time I thought was a great car for the money. Suppose it was, but it was my last Yota. Got the hots for an MGB and traded. All while in High School. Couldn’t afford my dream muscle car Camaro even then (not a good used one anyway). But here is a photo of a restored 76 SR5 that looks identical, even down to the color.

IMG_2408.png

1702825771999.png

1969 Toyota Corolla build by Ryan Millen. 2UR-GSE V8 under the hood. This was built with factory support. So cool.

Well, my first car was a 1974 Corolla. Then I bought a brand new 1976 Corolla SR5, which at the time I thought was a great car for the money. Suppose it was, but it was my last Yota. Got the hots for an MGB and traded. All while in High School. Couldn’t afford my dream muscle car Camaro even then (not a good used one anyway). But here is a photo of a restored 76 SR5 that looks identical, even down to the color.

View attachment 75042
Awesome!

View attachment 75042
I don't know what exactly attracted him to them but when the car market opened here in 1989-90 my great-granddad's dream car was a Toyota Corolla. @Revman would be proud.

I've owned a few Camaros.....

7oRQOai.jpg

6lLjAS3.jpg

1skFb5J.jpg

Came very close to ordering a brand new one a few years back.....

Photo-Picture-Resizer-200824-193757699-crop-1440x1448.jpg

Came even closer to buying this 2020 1LE, but my divorce got in the way of that.....

i-89-ZX8-Wf-L.jpg

Hopefully the Camaro will eventually be back once GM realizes there's still a demand for sporty coupes powered by an internal combustion V8. In the meantime, I'm very curious to see what will be the Camaro's replacement. If it ends up being some electric Malibu or whatever, GM might as well just take Chevrolet out of NASCAR and replace them with Cadillac, since they still offer a performance sedan.

I've owned a few Camaros.....

7oRQOai.jpg

6lLjAS3.jpg

1skFb5J.jpg

Came very close to ordering a brand new one a few years back.....

Photo-Picture-Resizer-200824-193757699-crop-1440x1448.jpg

Came even closer to buying this 2020 1LE, but my divorce got in the way of that.....

i-89-ZX8-Wf-L.jpg

Hopefully the Camaro will eventually be back once GM realizes there's still a demand for sporty coupes powered by an internal combustion V8. In the meantime, I'm very curious to see what will be the Camaro's replacement. If it ends up being some electric Malibu or whatever, GM might as well just take Chevrolet out of NASCAR and replace them with Cadillac, since they still offer a performance sedan.
Love this. Brand loyalty.

I was a Pontiac guy. I owned a couple of Firebirds, a Grand Prix, a Trans Am GTA, and a G8. When Pontiac was shut down, my attachment to any make went away. Still, I hate to see actual cars go away. There are still plenty of us out here that would rather drive a car than a SUV or a truck.

Would be pretty weird if GM essentially dropped the Chevy name from motorsports, since NASCAR is by far the flagship effort for that brand. They’ve already begun to use the Cadillac brand in other sporting programs and I’m just not sure this is the marketplace for that marque. I think the rumored Malibu refresh coming in a few years is supposed to retain the ICE, and still seems to make the most sense, even if its development timeline means Chevy runs the Camaro in NASCAR for an extra year in 2025.

Back
Top Bottom