The End of the Camaro, Revman's prayers have been answered lol.

This could be good for chevy. Well dang we have to design a new nascar body for 2025, man that's unfortunate.....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Latest rumors were they’re making a new generation of Malibus for 2025 so the timing would work out well there. Otherwise there aren’t really other options if you’re trying to maintain the Chevy nameplate.

At last count Chevrolet has won 797 cup championships with many different models and there will be many more to come beyond the life of the Camaro.

That's a lot of championships! I guess nascar and Chevy have been around a lot longer than I thought :)

Ha here we go again. We’ll see it back in the 2030’s, just like what happened in ‘09

Not surprised Chevy is axing it, it’s been finishing 3rd in sales pretty consistently behind the Mustang and Challenger. It looks cool, but the poor visibility and coin slot sized trunk opening probably drove a lot of customers away. Also, I think the V6 is the only engine option that doesn’t require premium fuel, I’m pretty sure both the turbo-4 and the V8 call for premium.

That said, bring on the Equinox Cup Car!

Not surprised Chevy is axing it, it’s been finishing 3rd in sales pretty consistently behind the Mustang and Challenger. It looks cool, but the poor visibility and coin slot sized trunk opening probably drove a lot of customers away. Also, I think the V6 is the only engine option that doesn’t require premium fuel, I’m pretty sure both the turbo-4 and the V8 call for premium.

That said, bring on the Equinox Cup Car!

:XXROFL:

Cobble up a Corvette, if the rice burners can race a Supra, anythings possible.
The Supra looks pretty terrible but at least it’s front-engined. I can’t imagine trying to stretch an even lower-sitting mid-engined body over a Next Gen Cup chassis.

I think it’s still too soon for anything EV-related to arrive in the Cup Series so I maintain that a redesigned Malibu probably makes the most sense.

Exactly, what it's called doesn't matter, it's the same car with some different decals.
I actually think they’ve done a good job making the Next Gen bodies pretty distinct. Probably as well as they have in at least twenty years or so.

Soooo, Nascar has been around for 797 years, WOW! :eek: :lol2:
Three national series, so 265.

Actually, if someone were to dig up all Chevy wins across all current and past NASCAR series, national, regional, and local, the number might be closer than it originally seemed.

Three national series, so 265.

Actually, if someone were to dig up all Chevy wins across all current and past NASCAR series, national, regional, and local, the number might be closer than it originally seemed.

At last count Chevrolet has won 797 cup championships with many different models and there will be many more to come beyond the life of the Camaro.

@Charlie Spencer, not talking about that, talking about the underlined above. "Cup Championships", there is one per year.

The Supra looks pretty terrible but at least it’s front-engined. I can’t imagine trying to stretch an even lower-sitting mid-engined body over a Next Gen Cup chassis.

I think it’s still too soon for anything EV-related to arrive in the Cup Series so I maintain that a redesigned Malibu probably makes the most sense.
I wasn't serious, but like you, the Malibu would be my pick. It might lead to a performance model Malibu in the future.

Maybe a Bolt with a gasoline drivetrain? That would make heads spin...

As auto manufacturers going to phase out cars for SUVs and electric vehicles, NASCAR will soon have a problem on what vehicles it will be available to run. Once the Camaro goes away, the only actual car Chevy will have left in its lineup is the Corvette unless they're bringing in something new yet to be announced.

As auto manufacturers going to phase out cars for SUVs and electric vehicles, NASCAR will soon have a problem on what vehicles it will be available to run. Once the Camaro goes away, the only actual car Chevy will have left in its lineup is the Corvette unless they're bringing in something new yet to be announced.
or the Malibu

Rebirth of the Chevy SS?

Back
Top Bottom