The four teams that will race for the Championship in Phoenix.

I cannot pick 4 until I weld the broken crank handle back onto the bingo ball cage.

I'll give way if my junk is wounded otherwise I'm Ryan Newman = earn the position.

Last edited:
Yea the 4 and 11 shouldn’t go too crazy to win one of these next three races. A second place finish would be the goal I’d think

the only thing, one bad finish and then the strategy is over. Then its ‘must win’

will be interesting to see what those two teams do in the first couple of these races
3 different winners from the 6 teams behind them and they are scrambling for that final spot. So they better perform too.....

3 different winners from the 6 teams behind them and they are scrambling for that final spot. So they better perform too.....
Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense to wheel hold. You want to win ASAP and shut out somebody else from doing so guaranteeing a spot in the final race. Probably could after doing that, but I don't think it is the way to go but full speed ahead..and faster. You make mistakes when you let up.

Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense to wheel hold. You want to win ASAP and shut out somebody else from doing so guaranteeing a spot in the final race. Probably could after doing that, but I don't think it is the way to go but full speed ahead..and faster. You make mistakes when you let up.
Yep, and I'm really looking forward to Kansas because there are a few such as Bowman who has been playing it safe but now will be better off to race hard and go for a win which we all know he is capable of doing when he drives hard and if he has a car to do it with. The 2 things I worry about the most are pit stops and restarts. He seems to struggle on restarts.

It would be a risk to try and points race another competitor out of the final four, no doubt

I still thibk the 4 and 11 would look at the idea

It would be a risk to try and points race another competitor out of the final four, no doubt

I still thibk the 4 and 11 would look at the idea

They will definitely be keeping tabs on each other, especially if neither wins Kansas or Texas (and both winner's come from inside the playoff 8).

Fully expect Harvick to want to lock in as early as possible, Martinsville is one of his worst tracks, and one of Hamlin's best tracks.

18 winning was one of the better things to happen for Harvick. 3-way points battle for 2 spots if Chase Kurt Truex Bowman are able to win Martinsville.

If Harvick does not win, he should be hoping for Logano to win again, or Kez Hamlin to win.

16th place Texas recovery has him in decent shape to advance with small points cushion.

18 winning was one of the better things to happen for Harvick. 3-way points battle for 2 spots if Chase Kurt Truex Bowman are able to win Martinsville.

If Harvick does not win, he should be hoping for Logano to win again, or Kez Hamlin to win.

16th place Texas recovery has him in decent shape to advance with small points cushion.

why would he want kez or hamlin to win? I would think he would rather race bowman or kurt busch for the championship over hamlin and kez. Hamlin and kez have a better chance of winning the championship so he wouldnt want them in the final 4.

Reactions: Pat
why would he want kez or hamlin to win? I would think he would rather race bowman or kurt busch for the championship over hamlin and kez. Hamlin and kez have a better chance of winning the championship so he wouldnt want them in the final 4.

Ideally yes he would want weakest competition for Phoenix. If Ham or Kez win he no longer has to battle them on points and the last 2 would advance, there is a big gap in points back to 5th place. The most likely way for any of those 3 (Harv, Ham, Kez) to not advance would be for (Chase, Kurt, Bowman, Truex) to win because they are now battling over only 2 advancement spots. imo.

It's pretty much a fight for last place at this point. Logano is in, so is Harvick, and unless Hamlin has the wheels fall off, I believe his lead is large enough to advance. So it leaves last place.
22, 4, 11, ? Keselowski in 4th 25 points over the line is going to be hard to beat. Bowman and Elliott are 50 points behind Kez if he doesn't show up for the Martinsville race.

I believe I said when the playoffs started it would be the 4, 11, 22, and 19 in the final 4. Looking good on 3 of the 4. The 19 has to win Martinsville. I wouldn't be surprised if he does just that.

It's pretty much a fight for last place at this point. Logano is in, so is Harvick, and unless Hamlin has the wheels fall off, I believe his lead is large enough to advance. So it leaves last place.
22, 4, 11, ? Keselowski in 4th 25 points over the line is going to be hard to beat. Bowman and Elliott are 50 points behind Kez if he doesn't show up for the Martinsville race.
Hamlin & Keselowski are separated by 2 points. Either one of those guys could advance, maybe both.

Hamlin & Keselowski are separated by 2 points. Either one of those guys could advance, maybe both.

Both of them are starting upfront on one of their strongest tracks, where track position is critical, with stage 1&2 points the way they are, Harvick is going to be sweating bullets before it's over, unless one of them has a real bad day. LETARTE BURTON RICK GERBIL OUT.

Both of them are starting upfront on one of their strongest tracks, where track position is critical, with stage 1&2 points the way they are, Harvick is going to be sweating bullets before it's over, unless one of them has a real bad day. LETARTE BURTON RICK GERBIL OUT.
What the Gerbils probably won't tell us is that starting in the front can be a HUGE(as Burton likes to say) disavantage because they will be the first to get into the backmarkers who haven't wrecked out yet and they are doing the drunkin Conga down the straights.

Tell ya what if Chevy doesn't find a way to slip somebody in....Wow....New car and all....Just wow.

Back
Top Bottom