The future of HMS

Bowman is a good driver but I don't see him being any better than Kahne is really. He is probably waiting on that car to open up.

Bowman is a good driver but I don't see him being any better than Kahne is really. He is probably waiting on that car to open up.
almost winning phoenix isn't better than kahne? kahne didn't even lead ONE lap the entire season. he didn't lead a lap not even on pit cycles. alex outran him filling in part time for a team that wasn't even his own. Kahne has some sort of issue. I wonder if its health or something.

almost winning phoenix isn't better than kahne? kahne didn't even lead ONE lap the entire season. he didn't lead a lap not even on pit cycles. alex outran him filling in part time for a team that wasn't even his own. Kahne has some sort of issue. I wonder if its health or something.
Yeah, because Kasey has never won a race....

Kahne fails to lead a single lap & Bowman comes in & dominates Phoenix. Yeah, he will be leagues better than Kahne.:D

Bowman had a good showing at Phoenix but I wouldn't call it dominating. He's a good driver but one pole doesn't make him the next big thing in my opinion. He showed he's a good average driver from the races I seen him run in Cup and the Xfinity series last year. As for the future he may very well be in the 5 car if Kasey has another down year as it seems he's sticking with Hendrick and doesn't want to sign with another team. Needs a ride for 2017 thoughand im not sure where he could go. Is there a limit on full timr cars in the xfinity series? I'm sure he'll run some races with Jr Motorsports next year probably not run for points though.

Bowman looked pretty good, he had some good and white consistent races. Some races he had some bad luck and a lot of the times he was one of the fastest in a race run.

His race pace and feedback are probably his best qualities IMHO from what I have seen, a lot like Dale Jr, which is a top 10 driver on just about every track configuration and that's nothing to sneeze at IMHO.

Until you have won, you haven't won. This whole Bowman thing is courtesy of the Hendrick PR machine. They have been behind in developing talent. Jr. sits. Bowman decent. Like Jesus took the wheel. Then, Jesus comes back, grants him the Clash, and not only do we have young talent at HMS, but we all love each other. Bowman had better have been promised something, or his crotch grabbing tweet is pretty stupid.

Bowman looked pretty good, he had some good and white consistent races. Some races he had some bad luck and a lot of the times he was one of the fastest in a race run.

His race pace and feedback are probably his best qualities IMHO from what I have seen, a lot like Dale Jr, which is a top 10 driver on just about every track configuration and that's nothing to sneeze at IMHO.
At 23 years old as a rookie in the cup series on a very limited schedule. Bravo kid

Until you have won, you haven't won. This whole Bowman thing is courtesy of the Hendrick PR machine. They have been behind in developing talent. Jr. sits. Bowman decent. Like Jesus took the wheel. Then, Jesus comes back, grants him the Clash, and not only do we have young talent at HMS, but we all love each other. Bowman had better have been promised something, or his crotch grabbing tweet is pretty stupid.
Lol u mad

Yeah, I can understand where someone could forget Bowman was even in the field those two years.

Yeah and in Xfinity he did well at RAB Racing, before it closed down, and it was a heavily underfunded team. I think he grabbed some attention when he damn near put that 25 car, that John Wes Townley drove, on pole at Charlotte. He has talent, just we want to see more of him and IMHO this was a smart move to stay affiliated with Hendrick because he knows he has a future somewhere. It would be cool if HMS would help him out as a "fifth" car like a Furniture Row to really assess if Bowman really is as impressive as his limited run.

This is why I was surprised by HScott's closing because they did use "Hendrick/SHR" chassis, which was a damn lie, but to continuing evaluate him should be a priority. You have Elliott, Byron, and now Bowman is in the mix... Oh well, we will see down the line if he's one of the next to get a seat at HMS and be a great driver.

Yeah, because Kasey has never won a race....

Yes, the grass is always greener on the other side, and we're always enthralled by the (maybe) next big thing.

Kahne may never win another race. If he doesn't, there is statistically a low chance that Alex Bowman or most other current hot prospects will equal his accomplishments (17 cup wins, 169 top tens, etc.).

An argument about whether Alex Bowman would run better than Kasey Kahne in the #5 in 2017 is different, and to me that's up in the air.

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that Bowman is maybe just a tad overrated. I mean yeah, he did a pretty good job subbing for Junior, but nothing that set the world on fire IMO.
The HMS fan base makes me realize how annoying us Yankee fans must be. Every prospect is the future GOAT and we're going to sign every elite free agent ever.

The HMS fan base makes me realize how annoying us Yankee fans must be. Every prospect is the future GOAT and we're going to sign every elite free agent ever.

Yep. Can confirm, you Yankees fans and Dallas Cowboy fans are annoying as all heck and unfortunately travel well. But go Team Penske.

I dont see the Bowman thing either.

But I also know Kahne hasn't done squat for over 3 years now. That contract extension was a mistake Hendrick is probably second guessing why he did it by now.

I think he will be much better then Kahne and he is a lot younger so he has a lot of years left.

Yup, passed on Bowman.
Alex was a teammate on the midget team that I helped on out here on the west coast and I have watched him from when he first started running midgets. I said then and I will say it now the kid is a natural. They may end up wishing they hadn't passed on him later on down the road.;):)

Alex was a teammate on the midget team that I helped on out here on the west coast and I have watched him from when he first started running midgets. I said then and I will say it now the kid is a natural. They may end up wishing they hadn't passed on him later on down the road.;):)

Very possible...

The trouble for all those rookies waiting for rides is the next crop of rookies coming down the pipe . Seems like the older rookies can expect to get bumped .

Still if a guy is exceptional, he may leap frog. Does Jones have his own sponsor? If not this second car with a 1 year contract might be a test drive for him and let sponsors get a better reading on him.

Still if a guy is exceptional, he may leap frog. Does Jones have his own sponsor? If not this second car with a 1 year contract might be a test drive for him and let sponsors get a better reading on him.

Suarez is the guy with sponsorship . Somebody will grab him if he isn't in a cup ride very soon.

Jones to the 20 when Matt retires.

Suarez is the guy with sponsorship . Somebody will grab him if he isn't in a cup ride very soon.

Suarez to the 77 when Erik moves to the 20. Suarez isn't going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom