The future of HMS

Suarez is more deserving of the cup ride than Jones.

Erik lost a lot of races, even though he was in the dominant car
I will say Jones destroys a lot of cars in 2017, DNF's will eliminate any chance of making the Chase.

I will say Jones destroys a lot of cars in 2017, DNF's will eliminate any chance of making the Chase.
Rookies tear up cars. He's fast and that's all that matters right now.

He is fast because he is in vg equipment, which got him in trouble a lot this year. Fast lost him the Xfinity championship.

Remember, Jones is with Furniture row. They will probably get lucky one week and absolutely crush the field with a godly barely-legal car. All he'd have to do is what Truex did all year for his wins, hold on for dear life and pray something doesn't break.

Intolerance of the rookie.

You'll very likely be proven completely wrong. I certainly hope so.

The majority of the TRD fans assumed Jones would win the championship going away, then reality showed up.
Jones was fast at Miami, too fast and tore the car up on that one restart.

The majority of the TRD fans assumed Jones would win the championship going away, then reality showed up.
Jones was fast at Miami, too fast and tore the car up on that one restart.
Yeah, and Kenseth screwed up a restart to miss the Cup Chase. Edwards and arguably Logano screwed up restarts to lose the championship. Some rookie named Gordon tore up a ton of hardware. Jimmie Johnson never won a Busch race.

Sounds like good company to be in.

Jones reminds me of Dylan kwasnieski, that's my comparison.
Like I said before, Suarez should have got the cup ride, not Jones. Daniel proved he is the better driver.

Jones to the 20 when Matt retires.

Suarez to the 77 when Erik moves to the 20. Suarez isn't going anywhere.

mmmmm.......maybe . If Suarez and his sponsors want him in a cup car , he will be in one by the end of 2017 .

Unless you know something I don't, I don't think Jones is going to wait until Matt retires, or Suarez on Jones.
Kenseth can't have many more years in him. Otherwise, they may be able to run a third car for a period of time at FRR. I really don't think JGR and TRD let either of those guys get away, no matter what. It helps that Suarez is heavily funded.

Kenseth can't have many more years in him. Otherwise, they may be able to run a third car for a period of time at FRR. I really don't think JGR and TRD let either of those guys get away, no matter what. It helps that Suarez is heavily funded.
I think Kenseth has one more three-year contract in his future (2018-2020).

Suarez is the guy with sponsorship . Somebody will grab him if he isn't in a cup ride very soon.
Who are his sponsors? Arris is a JGR sponsor not strictly Suarez. I could be wrong but that's just how I see it.

I see Kenseth leaving JGR after this season and Jones taking over the 20. Suarez would then move into the 77 until Edwards leaves JGR.

Who are his sponsors? Arris is a JGR sponsor not strictly Suarez. I could be wrong but that's just how I see it.

I see Kenseth leaving JGR after this season and Jones taking over the 20. Suarez would then move into the 77 until Edwards leaves JGR.
Carlos Slim

Why would Kenseth voluntarily leave a ride he wins races in?

We'll know well before this time next year.
No. We wouldn't know until 2020. Your prediction is that Matt races full time through 2020 (age 48). If I bet the under, I wouldn't relinquish my wager based on a piece of paper. LOL.

No. We wouldn't know until 2020. Your prediction is that Matt races full time through 2020 (age 48). If I bet the under, I wouldn't relinquish my wager based on a piece of paper. LOL.
Go back and double-check my post #55. You'll see I said he'd sign another three-year contract. We'll know that before his current one expires at the end of 2017.

I didn't say he'd race through the length of it. I'll say it now.

So does Carlos own Arris or something?

I know absolutely nothing , but I'll tell you what I think . I think Motorola and General Instruments exported their jobs to Mexico . The new name is now Arris . They came to Nascar with Suarez from Mexico with Suarez's dad who I think is an Arris exec. . I think both Motorola and General Instruments had some time in Nascar years ago . Haven't heard this Carlos name before , but if he is he main guy that links Suarez to Arris ,than great . I think Arris is one of the biggest players to come into Nascar is some time .
Just looked at Wickipedia and see that they claim to be a Georgia based company , which shows how much I know.

At one time I believe Arris was Scientific Atlanta. They were bought out by Arris.

Lots of set top boxes and wireless routers.

Let me simply end this Jones-Suarez debate.

Jones is faster, and arguably the better driver.

Suarez is more mature, and somehow more experienced. Like a Kenseth- Kyle Busch sort of comparison.

Suarez is definitely a bright up coming talent. In equal equipment, I'd pick Suarez for a full length cup race.

They are both young, but Jones is literally a child. Give him time. Suarez is a more mature man, who also didn't grow up with the difficulties of constant American media coverage

Let me simply end this Jones-Suarez debate.

Jones is faster, and arguably the better driver.

Suarez is more mature, and somehow more experienced. Like a Kenseth- Kyle Busch sort of comparison.

Suarez is definitely a bright up coming talent. In equal equipment, I'd pick Suarez for a full length cup race.

They are both young, but Jones is literally a child. Give him time. Suarez is a more mature man, who also didn't grow up with the difficulties of constant American media coverage

Is there a debate? IMO, Erik Jones is exceptional right now where Daniel is still in the process of somewhat determining his potential. In other words, we know how good Erik is, and we are learning how good Daniel could be. Toyota/TRD has a lot to do with how quickly these guys are moving up, and it speaks volumes that Erik has a Cup ride next year while Daniel will be spending another year (at least) in Xfinity.

Erik is a man beyond his years in terms of maturity. It should never be underestimated what he accomplished while losing his Dad last year. This would bring most to their knees at his age, but he kept marching on. I agree that Daniel is mature, but at the same time, he has had to work very hard by his own admission to learn English in order to survive in this series. I think the even he feels that there is still much to do to become acclimated to the American press, etc.

Senior did his talking inside a car on the track. The BS talking commercial drivers of today don't have anything to say that would interest this race fan. (speaking for myself)

Jones will not make the Chase and will destroy a lot of cars. He is the one that should be spending another year in Xfinity, to mature more.

Jones will not make the Chase and will destroy a lot of cars. He is the one that should be spending another year in Xfinity, to mature more.
I am thinking along the same lines. I think JGR had to sign him to a ride to keep him from jumping ship. There was probably an offer from some other manufacturer behind the scenes.
I think his first season will be like JG's first.

I am thinking along the same lines. I think JGR had to sign him to a ride to keep him from jumping ship. There was probably an offer from some other manufacturer behind the scenes.
I think his first season will be like JG's first.

Interesting posts.

I think that there is the possibility that some cars could be wadded up, but at the same time, this aggressiveness could net him a win or two, and this would put him in the Chase, obviously.

With regard to JGR having to sign him? Yes, I believe that their hand was forced. 100%. The loss of Kyle Larson is a sore subject for Toyota. This wasn't going to happen again.

Another year in Xfinity? Probably, but given the above post, it was never going to happen. Daniel and his people are more patient.

At the end of the day, both Daniel and Erik will have successful careers, however IMO.

Back
Top Bottom