The RFL 2020 thread (Racing Fantasy League)

Do we have to pick two As and Cs and four Bs, or any eight drivers?

A few random thoughts that will helpfully drive some interest and more to sign on.

Using up your best drivers before the 18th or mid season point obviously should be avoided.
But you do not want to wait to long to use them either.
The opportunities become to limited and it is impossible to recover from sacrificing the first half of the season.

Momentum is huge. If a driver is hot get on the bandwagon and stay with him until he cools off. I did that with Alex Bowman last year and it paid off.

Even the best drivers go through slumps. If a driver has had two DNFs in the last 3 races think twice about using him in the next race. Chase Elliot and Eric Jones had some streaks like that last year.

You need your A group drivers to get you a lot stage and race win points at almost every race. That is huge in this league. A group drivers are the easiest to manage.

The Ryan Newman rule, if you are stumped on a B class driver selection and you think you need to save them, use Newman as a filler. He will race hard for every point and he is a safe choice for most races, you also will not have to worry after you have used all his allocations. The B group is the toughest to master imo.

C class drivers have a lot more development going on and ususlly less cup history. Pick them based on recent streaks.

The road courses and the RP tracks. Save your best 8 driver race allocations if possibile here. There is usually a good C group driver that just runs the RP races. Doing this can save your prime drivers to spread out over 31 races rather than 36 races.
On the other hand Martin Truax has been almost a guarantee on the recent Road Courses.

poker-player-deep-in-thought.jpg

One last bump.

It is not to late to sign up and make your picks for Daytona.
I wouldn't wait until 2:30 EST but you can make and change entries up until that time.
This a free league and fun one. All members are welcome to join, the more the better.

I hope you all are prepared to get beaten by the punk kid :cool:

Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube
at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Sunday Feb 23rd at 3:30:00 pm ET
RACE # 2
PARTIAL LOCK Friday Feb 21st at 8:00:00 am ET
FULL LOCK Sunday Feb 23rd at 3:30:00 pm ET

I'm starting this new decade off right... by scoring the least amount of points I've ever scored in a single race. :eek:

Well it is a long season and it was Daytona. 35 races remain to turn it all around and get yourself a 2nd championship.

I just love it when your backmarker C pick brings out a late
caution to destroy the good finish you had going with the
A and B picks. Thanks a pant load dangit !!!!!!!

Almirola and Chastain started out good, then a swift kick to the nuts.

Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway. Sunday March 1st at 3:30 pm ET

8 driver roster picks will lock on Friday February 28th at 8:00 am ET

Starting four drivers will fully lock on Sunday March 1st at 3:30 pm ET

Note: Your picks from the previous race will remain the same unless you change them.
Reminder: You are only allowed to start any driver for a maximum of eight races for the entire season.

Good luck to all.

I did a little better this week. Busch brothers pick worked out this week.
Noticed PJ Molo and Toyoda had the same idea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom