The RFL 2020 thread (Racing Fantasy League)

Wait why did it lock before qualifying?! Ugh at least I have a good bench...

Screenshot_20200524-171308_Sheets.jpg

Is Johnson's DQ gonna affect the points at all?

UGGGGGGGGGH. That blown Byron tire of course was one of my picks.
3 of my picks were in the top 10 all nite but it all went to hell with two laps to go. I am stuck in
the "harder I try the worse I do" land. Time to grab the blindfold and start throwing
some darts for picks.

They DGG finished re - racking the points. Helped me out a ton. Congrats to Greg for winning !

The final points awarded for any race will match the software's default system.
This includes any all points adjustments for disqualifications or any other issues that required a points adjustment.

As a fellow competitor I do not want to make decisions that effect the outcomes in any way shape or form.
The rules will be consistent even if I disagree with Nascar's decision on any DQ or scoring issue or other unforeseen event.
This also will apply after the season finale when posting the final 2020 results.

The final results only become official after it has been declared by Nascar and calculated as final by the defaults established by the website.

Oof with the cucumber and falling ohhh nooooo...​

RACE # 8
TRACK TYPE Intermediate
LAPS
PARTIAL LOCK Wednesday May 27th at 8:00:00 pm ET
FULL LOCK Wednesday May 27th at 8:00:00 pm ET

Starting picks just need to be finalized by 8pm Wednesday. No qualifying or qualifying points for this race.

What a gift... I went from 9th in the standings to 5th and had a 10th place finish and ended up having a top 5 thanks to the 48 snafu. Guess you'll take them whichever way you can get them.

I will post recent race results and a points update on Monday night.
Thanks to all for their patience with the delays. I am working a lot of hours, posting this while doing an all nighter at work.

21 Joey Logano
2 Clint Bowyer
3 Jimmie Johnson
16 Matt Kenseth

thank you chase Elliott. thanks a lot. maybe just rattle his cage next time?

Screenshot_20200606-063453_Chrome.jpg

The current RFL standings after 9 races.
(Sorry about my name being highlighted. It a screenshot from the website)

Hasn’t checked the standings on this in awhile, didn’t realize I have 2 wins and am sitting 2nd in points. I just assumed I sucked like I do every year.

View attachment 47245

The current overall standings after Atlanta race 10 of 36.

Congratulations to all of the teams near the top that are performing well.
Bush Brothers is the 2018 champion and beating him will be a great challenge for anyone.
A lot of teams are within striking distance and this is a long marathon.
Keep on digging.

Some of you may have noticed my post count has slowed down.
Things have become more hectic at work, and I have become overloaded with responsibilities.

I feel like I can no longer do justice to this league.
I will continue as commissioner simply because I believe in the league and the history.

But if another * seasoned RF member wants to run the league begining in 2021 I would gladly step aside.

* Should be someone that has been an RF member for at least two years and committed to staying on board for a long time. Willingly to post the updates after each race in a timely manner and some one who is enthusiastic about the league.
I would share my passwords to carry on with 2020 and in 2021 they would set up it up with their own sign-on and passwods etc....

Congrats to stujameson ! Winner of Atlanta !
Well Stu, you were in first place after Atlanta for a moment in time. i saw it with my own eyes.
Guess you have to give it a few hours to become official. Dont know why it changed,
maybe a driver failed post race inspection or got dinged .

Hamlin just rolled over on me at Martinsville. Both , legs and arms in the air.
1591873519281.png

Well Stu, you were in first place after Atlanta for a moment in time. i saw it with my own eyes.
Guess you have to give it a few hours to become official. Dont know why it changed,
maybe a driver failed post race inspection or got dinged .

Hamlin just rolled over on me at Martinsville. Both , legs and arms in the air.
View attachment 47291
LOL ! With the way my picks seem to die out at the end I feel fortunate to just be close to first place.

Of course I still end up second to BushBrothers.

Good thing I went with my gut on Aric, Reddick would've killed me otherwise.

Well, if I'm going to have a bad race, it's a good thing BushBrothers has a worse one.

Is BushBrothers a user here? Because s/he is seriously something else. Mad props.

Back
Top Bottom