The RFL 2020 thread (Racing Fantasy League)

Wow... I'm not sure I've ever scored 377 points in a single race before. :blink:

I didn't even pick the race winner. My starters finished 2, 5, 6, & 7.

--------

Your Summer 2020 Fort Worth race winner... PeopleAreStrange!

Last edited:
+6 POS!!!

Im P4!!!!
Dang Danifreak, you are on a ...............

1595563877519.png

I really like this game and I like it even when Im doing poorly.

My dad's favorite driver wins the Cup race at Daytona, and his favorite (only) son wins the fantasy race! :smile: (Despite not picking the race winner.)

Hmmm... I wonder if winning a season segment counts for anything...

My dad's favorite driver wins the Cup race at Daytona, and his favorite (only) son wins the fantasy race! :smile: (Despite not picking the race winner.)

Hmmm... I wonder if winning a season segment counts for anything...

It does in the dgg money leagues and used to be a golden wheel on yahoo. Good job taking that Summer Segment.

@Joker leads the Full Season standings going into the Playoff Segment. I hope he comes back soon, miss that guy.

Some of you may have noticed my post count has slowed down.
Things have become more hectic at work, and I have become overloaded with responsibilities.

I feel like I can no longer do justice to this league.
I will continue as commissioner simply because I believe in the league and the history.

But if another * seasoned RF member wants to run the league begining in 2021 I would gladly step aside.

* Should be someone that has been an RF member for at least two years and committed to staying on board for a long time. Willingly to post the updates after each race in a timely manner and some one who is enthusiastic about the league.
I would share my passwords to carry on with 2020 and in 2021 they would set up it up with their own sign-on and passwods etc....

@Greg, I hope it is okay that I have been posting some updates? I am enthusiastic about fantasy and the DGG since I'm in their other money leagues too. I would be willing to take over as commish for the group if you desire.

Although I don't want to bite off more than I can chew on time commitment here, if I can get the screenshot standings down fast, it shouldn't be too much. I can't promise that I won't miss a couple here or there, but I used to regularly run a 50-person nascar group on Yahoo before they discontinued the game.

I am willing to assist to keep the game going at this point. It seems to be dwindling...

To reiterate what @Greg said previously, the league name (The RFFL 2019) and password (RFFL2018) have not been changed.

My guess is that @Greg needs to get his eyes examined as for some reason he's unable to see 2020.

Last years sign up process had to many problems so I decided to leave it all the same passwords etc...

Yo @Greg, I understand not wanting to create a whole new league with its associated problems, but might it be possible to change the name of the existing league to simply "The Racing Forums Fantasy League" without the year as part of it ?

I'm just wondering if some forum members declined to sign up this year thinking that "The RFFL 2019" is an obsolete game.

And, of course, the issue would exist again next year.

Wait a minute... I forget something.

Is the point of this fantasy league to start drivers that finish well, or to start drivers that finish poorly?

At Bristol, I started four drivers who finished a lap down, and benched two drivers who finished in the top three.

Am I doing this right?

@Greg, I hope it is okay that I have been posting some updates? I am enthusiastic about fantasy and the DGG since I'm in their other money leagues too. I would be willing to take over as commish for the group if you desire.

Although I don't want to bite off more than I can chew on time commitment here, if I can get the screenshot standings down fast, it shouldn't be too much. I can't promise that I won't miss a couple here or there, but I used to regularly run a 50-person nascar group on Yahoo before they discontinued the game.

I am willing to assist to keep the game going at this point. It seems to be dwindling...
Yo @Greg, I understand not wanting to create a whole new league with its associated problems, but might it be possible to change the name of the existing league to simply "The Racing Forums Fantasy League" without the year as part of it ?

I'm just wondering if some forum members declined to sign up this year thinking that "The RFFL 2019" is an obsolete game.

And, of course, the issue would exist again next year.

Thanks @Turtle84 it is very much appreciated and needed. I am currently unable to what is needed for this league.

I will send you all the details. I cannot thank you enough.

@pjmolo your feedback is spot on.

To all thanks for your patience I am currently working 13 hours a day and on I am day 4 of a 7 day consecutive stint. It has all I can do just to post an entry for my own team this year.

The website and tools for this league is solid and I am sure @Turtle84 will do a great job and this will be an improvement.

@donthaveanickname wins Vegas with a lineup of Hamlin, Blaney, Jones, and Custer scoring 333 points, a full 40 points higher than anyone else in the group.

@Snappy D retains the lead in the Playoffs, and @Joker remains the full season standings leader with @DanicaFreak -78 points back.
Cool. Pretty sure this is my first win. I haven't changed my lineup in 2 or 3 weeks.

@Greg wins Talladega by a difference of 1 point! scoring a total of 275 points with a lineup of Logano/Newman/Buescher/Preece.

@pjmolo finished a close 2nd photo finish scoring a total of 274 points with a lineup of Hamlin/Stenhouse/Buescher/Ty Dillon.

The highest scoring driver of this race was A-list Denny Hamlin 115 points. The lowest scoring driver was C-list Christopher Bell 16 points.

The best B-list play was Erik Jones 96 points and C-list Ty Dillon 88 points.

Here's a look at the Full Season Standings of all active player's with only 5 races remaining:

(apologies for the choppyness)

dgg dega2 20' full season.png

dega 2 11-18 full season.png

@Hotrod wins the ROVAL! and makes a power move into the Playoff Segment lead with lineup Elliott/Bowman/Byron/Preece for 362 points this week.

Playoff Segment Standings going into Kansas, where EVERY POINT MATTERS or doesn't matter depending on how you look at it.

dgg kansas2 playoffs1.png

dgg kansas2 pl2.png

I put waaaaaay too much faith in Kenseth this year.
I think he has the Hava-Tampa "I Burned You" Award of all my picks.

Last edited:
Wish had started Kyle in A-group with that paint scheme but he's been risky play this year. Burned me good at the Daytona Road Course I remember.

and BELL I've been starting him for WEEKS! Lol and then all of sudden he wants to show up 3rd place now that I'm out of allocations. I swear this game :lol2:

@ToyYoda wins Martinsville with lineup Chase/Kurt/Bowman/Custer for his league leading 6th win of the season. He now leads the Playoff Segment by 76 points.

@Joker continues to hold onto the Full Season Standings lead with 1 race remaining.

@ToyYoda wins Martinsville with lineup Chase/Kurt/Bowman/Custer for his league leading 6th win of the season. He now leads the Playoff Segment by 76 points.

@Joker continues to hold onto the Full Season Standings lead with 1 race remaining.
A lot of pressure going into this weekend. I have to remember not to put too much tape on the grille or leave the jack under the car.

I just made the final 4 picks for Sundays championship. That was almost as nerve racking as watching election results.
Still would be happy finishing in the top ten in the full season rankings. I'd be really happy if I held on to 7th for the full season.

Well, I'm dumb and forgot to update picks for last week. I ended up using my last Harvick pick last weekend (I planned to use him this weekend) instead of using my last Hamlin pick (though he didn't do much better).

Worse yet, I used my last Reddick pick at Texas. Since I didn't make a change for Martinsville, I scored no C points.

I fell from 4th to 8th in the full season standings in the last week or two. Y'all are welcome!

remarkable consistency by @Joker to win the season long trophy with 30 top10's this year (good stuff).

@ToyYoda closed out the playoff segment win with ease. Shoutout to the 2 other's that won a segment @BushBrothers and @PeopleAreStrange.

Thanks to all that posted and played, and @Greg setting up this thread and league.

Here were the final Full Season Standings for all active participants:
DGG 20' 1.png

DGG 20' 2.png

also sorry for posting so late on this, I needed to throttle back my time on the internet the past few weeks for my own personal health, unplug.

I'm excited for next year though, hopefully we can grow this little fantasy group into more activity in the future. The DGG is fine website.

also sorry for posting so late on this, I needed to throttle back my time on the internet the past few weeks for my own personal health, unplug.

I'm excited for next year though, hopefully we can grow this little fantasy group into more activity in the future. The DGG is fine website.
Thanks for the updates Turtle, hope everything’s OK health-wise.

Back
Top Bottom