The Year New Stars Were Born

I feel like a lot of these new guys coming up are too 'buddy-buddy' with each other. Ricky and Danica are always hanging out with Larson. Blaney, Chase, and Budda are all BFFs. One of the reasons I'm a Jones fan is because when asked about the friendly relationships some drivers have with each other, Erik has lived by the motto "You bring your friends to the track."

Best of friends make the fiercest competitors. When I played football I loved playing against a friend on another time. I was nosegaurd and one of my best friends was the center for our rival school. Me and him absolutely beat the hell out of each other for 48 minutes on the field our senior years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Kyle Larson has really brought me and my Dad back into the sport. I will say Byron is the next HOF, he has the talent to be an all time great

I don't see drivers being cordial to one another as detrimental as I can't cite an instance where it has been an issue on track. Just because you shoot the breeze with someone or play video games with them doesn't mean you won't race them hard.

For those that harken back to the glory days of NASCAR, the drivers used to stay in the same motels, go out to eat together and play pranks on each other. Even in the era of the motor coach lot, a little of that still goes on. The only difference today is that when drivers hang out together, you see it all on social media. I'd say things aren't much different now than they always have been. If you doubt it, go back and learn how close Ralph Earnhardt (one of the original hard asses) and Ned Jarrett were. Didn't stop them from having some knock down drag outs on the track though.

I recall when Montoya came to NASCAR, he was shocked that his competitors would offer help - that would not happen in F1 where they do not mingle much. (I suspect the NASCAR drivers helped him so he wouldn't mess things up which could affect them).

I'm putting my money on Alex Bowman to be the next superstar in NASCAR.
Starting next year I'll have 6 favorites in top teams. I'll be closely watching 5 of them that have limited experience to see how they develop. It's fun to watch young talented drivers find their niche in the cup series. I wish them all well.

I'm putting my money on Alex Bowman to be the next superstar in NASCAR.

I hope you're right. I'd like to see a little bigger body of work from him before behind THAT confident, but what we have seen has all been pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom