Third Ganassi team

cganassi42

Crew Chief
When and with who will cgr start a third team and with who?

Kenseth ;)

Hi, new guy!

Do you know something the rest of us don't? Is Ganassi starting a third team or is this idle speculation? Documentation, please!

Barney Fife

413680665.jpg

He won't the team was no good at all back when he had the 40,41, 42

I doubt CGR will be able to start a third team as trying to buy a charter would make the whole thing cost prohibitive. With the short supply and high demand Chip will just have to wait.............:D

Danica Patrick for only one race if anything. I really hope they don't go to 3 cars. I'm still skeptical they keep up their performance next year with the 2 they have.

I remember them going to take one of the MWR teams when kauffman joined

they should run a part-time schedule

Chip is a deal maker and a savvy businessman. If a deal could be put together that makes financial sense for him to run a third team or a fourth team, he would probably do it, but only if it makes good business sense. Chip loves to race, but if he is involved, there is a dollar to to be made.

Chip also has 2 partners sooooooooooo
Anyone think Kaufman wants more?

He won't the team was no good at all back when he had the 40,41, 42

Who was Sterlin driving for when he had the title all but wrapped in 2002 when a broken neck with a handful of races to go sidelined him? Car number?

I think Felix and Rob just want to WIN, they have both had plenty of practice at sucking in NASCAR.

Felix hasn't sucked the 42 was as good as anybody in the early '90s.

Who was Sterlin driving for when he had the title all but wrapped in 2002 when a broken neck with a handful of races to go sidelined him? Car number?

He was in the silver bullet (#40) for Chip Ganassi. Lee McCall, who fields Late Models now (very ****** fast late models), was his CC.

Chip is a deal maker and a savvy businessman. If a deal could be put together that makes financial sense for him to run a third team or a fourth team, he would probably do it, but only if it makes good business sense. Chip loves to race, but if he is involved, there is a dollar to to be made.
There isn't enough sponsors to go around now, starting a third team isn't practical.

Felix hasn't sucked the 42 was as good as anybody in the early '90s.

Fro 1989 to 2000, SABCO won 7 races, had 33 top five finishes, and only had a driver finish in top ten in points twice. (5th). For the money spent, that's a pretty poor return on investment.

Fro 1989 to 2000, SABCO won 7 races, had 33 top five finishes, and only had a driver finish in top ten in points twice. (5th). For the money spent, that's a pretty poor return on investment.
Sabates loves to go racing. Whatever he “invested” during that period was quite likely worth it to him.

We’re told that some people show up simply because they want to be part of the show. He did a little more than that.

Sabates loves to go racing. Whatever he “invested” during that period was quite likely worth it to him.

We’re told that some people show up simply because they want to be part of the show. He did a little more than that.

Obtuseness strikes again. Neither Felix's or Rob's NASCAR efforts have been up to their expectations or anyone else's. I don't think there is any argument there. While Sabco had a small amount of success in the 90's it was both small and fleeting, especially compared to the money involved. I don't think that is arguable either. I think Felix and Rob both want MUCH more for their effort, thus why they teamed up with Ganassi. I don't think ANY of those guys is satisfied to just be part of the show. If you want to purposely twist that or mis-understand it, I can't help you any further.

There is nothing obtuse about what I said. It’s crystal clear.

Some people are racers.

Some people are racers.

Maybe the fairer statement would be that some people are racers that don't race particularly well. Kind of like calling me a golfer as I have had some birdies and missed a couple of hole in one's but I have more 3 putts than I care to remember.

Some people are racers.
Maybe the fairer statement would be that some people are racers that don't race particularly well. Kind of like calling me a golfer as I have had some birdies and missed a couple of hole in one's but I have more 3 putts than I care to remember.
I see you 4-putting.

they should run a part-time schedule
That was fairly common back in the day. Back then teams survived on the purse winnings and they couldn't afford to travel like they do now (sometimes short tracks were skipped to preserve the car).

That was still a two-car team in 2002 though. They changed the number 42 car to 01 for a couple years after Kenny Irwin died, and the 01 became the 41 in 2002 and the 42 was added back when McMurray stepped up to Cup full-time in 2003.

That was still a two-car team in 2002 though. They changed the number 42 car to 01 for a couple years after Kenny Irwin died, and the 01 became the 41 in 2002 and the 42 was added back when McMurray stepped up to Cup full-time in 2003.

And also the car that JMc got his first win in something like his 3-4 start while Sterling was recuperating.....if memory serves and it may not.

Back
Top Bottom