Thursday knee replacement

A friend of mine had his right knee replaced a couple years ago. Recovery was tough, but he's really glad he got it done. Well worth it, he said.

He was scheduled to get his left knee replaced next week, but the doctors called today and cancelled without giving him a reschedule date yet. I don't know if it's due to COVID or what, but he's pretty annoyed about the fact that they bailed last minute.

20210930_192149.jpg

God bless whoever invented the pain pump.

I apologize for my jumbo ugly mug. Lordy, I’m huge.
For having a case of bed hair and wearing hospital garb, I think you look fine. :) Get well with much haste! 🌷💐🌹Sent flowers via FTD. :biggrin:

It hurts but it gets you a decent range of motion.

Grit your teeth. 😎

And that isn't a good angle for the image. My knee cap is directly in the middle of the incision. It's just v swollen so it's impossible to see.

Sounds like all systems continue to be a "go!" Stick with it, suck up the pain - easy for me to say since I'm in Florida - and do those rehab exercises. You have a lot of people cheering you on.

Sounds like all systems continue to be a "go!" Stick with it, suck up the pain - easy for me to say since I'm in Florida - and do those rehab exercises. You have a lot of people cheering you on.
You would be so proud of me. I have been doing exercises while I'm laying in bed.

Pointing my toes, forward and backward.

Doing a wind shield wiper exercise, sliding side to side.

Planting my foot on the mattress and sliding it toward me, then away from me.

Laying my leg flat and tensing, then relaxing the muscles around the knee cap.

I do all of these 15 reps, and as many times a day as I can without over doing it.

I was up less on my leg today. The knee pain is manageable tonight. I feel so grateful this evening. It's been so bad lately.

YO!! LISA!! What's the latest? Any update on the surgery and rehab? Hope all is going well. :idunno:
Hey there young man!!!

The surgery was successful, he was v happy with how it went. I'm still having that aching that radiates down into my shin and ankle. I will say that the pain is slowly starting to decrease.

I've been going to PT but I don't like them so I'm switching to a different physical therapy place.

Some people have no pain at this point. Tonight is agony. Even just to touch the skin, it is sooooo sensitive. I rubbed Ben gay all over it but the skin hurts.

Are you walking and putting weight on the leg with the surgery? How's rehab going? All in all it sounds like you are making great progress and aside from this bump in the road things are looking up.

Hey Whizz!!!

Yes, I can walk without any support wit v little limp.

I do use the cane on days when I feel like a bit of support but I'm just being really careful. PT is going really good. My leg is getting stronger. I can bend it to 22°. Straightening is coming with a bit more difficultly.

Tonight is a Ben Gay and heating pad night. I feel alone with no one to talk to. Pain and the stress of my life does not make for a good pairing.

Back
Top Bottom