Tired of seeing the same 3 cars capable of winning on speed.

another poster pointed out another driver losing a sponsor years ago. Another one that might help ya more recently would be last year Larson/Ganassi losing Target, and the hand wringers were having a field day. SMH

another poster pointed out another driver losing a sponsor years ago. Another one that might help ya more recently would be last year Larson/Ganassi losing Target, and the hand wringers were having a field day. SMH
A little different when you have a champion losing his sponsor when he is doing well and at the height of his career don't you think. People minimizing this as nothing, don't really take into account the entire picture.

So it's already a foregone conclusion that they won't find another sponsor and the team will fold? Yeah, OK.
Who's in line, list the prospective sponsors? They already said they would close up shop, if no primary sponsor. This is a big deal, you are making it like it isn't...why?

I don't know, why don't you wait and see? It's July.
Still think a champion losing his primary sponsor is a huge deal, especially when he hasn't let up...wins, qualified for Chase and a threat to win every week....yet he is losing his sponsor when those are very hard to come by.

I think 5 Hour Energy leaving is more of a reflection of their sales decline.

Follow the link and you'll see 2015 sales of 241 million, 233 in 2016, and 218 in 2017.

That's what I call "off the top" money, meaning that those lost sales contained quite a bit of their profitability. Cutting off sponsorship's is a quick and easy fix.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/558119/us-sales-of-5-hour-energy-drinks/

always, the fluff goes first, bean counters hate fluff. That or ownership changes does it every time.

People get mad because it's not supposed to be this way. This is supposed to be the most competitive field in Nascar history. It's part the young guys aren't killing it and other vets seem way off

Chase Elliott (year 3) 0 wins
Ryan Blaney (year 3) 1 win
Daniel Suarez (year 2) 0 wins
Erik Jones (year 2) 1 win
Ricky Stenhouse (year 6) 2 wins
Kyle Larson (year 5) 5 wins, 3 at the same track
Austin Dillon(year 5) 2 wins

Last edited:
People get mad because it's not supposed to be this way. This is supposed to be the most competitive field in Nascar history. It's part the young guys aren't killing it and other vets seem way off

Bingo. Bottom line is these younger guys aren’t competing and winning races

I think 5 Hour Energy leaving is more of a reflection of their sales decline.

Follow the link and you'll see 2015 sales of 241 million, 233 in 2016, and 218 in 2017.

That's what I call "off the top" money, meaning that those lost sales contained quite a bit of their profitability. Cutting off sponsorship's is a quick and easy fix.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/558119/us-sales-of-5-hour-energy-drinks/
Sales decline? Wouldn't you keep your logo on a car to increase sales? Especially a winning one.

Sales decline? Wouldn't you keep your logo on a car to increase sales? Especially a winning one.
Sales declined while on the car. They must feel the need to reduce spending while spending marketing dollars elsewhere.

The 5 Hour Energy product was never going to last anyway it was just a matter of time until it got exposed for what it is,just a fad.

You love making up your own narratives, don't you?
I'm not making up anything, logic tells you if you have a winner you stick with it. Taking your logo off a champion's car, a guy that is winning btw and in the hunt for another championship makes no sense. There are other factors at work here. I sense a merger of FRR with another team. Why not sell when it's probably worth the most it ever will be? I don't buy the logic a billion dollar company like 5 Hour is trying to cut costs. Exposure is everything to them, unless they know something coming down the pike about NASCAR that is a huge blow to the sport.
The 5 Hour Energy product was never going to last anyway it was just a matter of time until it got exposed for what it is,just a fad.
Fad? https://www.inc.com/ilan-mochari/5-hour-energy-billions-in-change.html
Sales declined while on the car. They must feel the need to reduce spending while spending marketing dollars elsewhere.
Or giving away money to charity.like the founder is doing.

Seems Monster was butt hurt about 5 hour and does not want them in NASCAR, kind of like the phone companies back when Sprint was series sponsor.

Somewhere between the Negative Nellies and the Pollyannas there are the fans in the middle that do view some of this stuff as a cause for concern.

Big 3 winning so many races is bothering some people but the racing has been good. Sports fans always find a way to hate what they claim to love.

MTJ is a terrible actor, I won't miss seeing the 5 hour energy commercials

100 times better than the Hunt Brothers Pizza guy.....but the Mobil 1 miniature guy is pretty funny--especially the lie detector one....I've got a couple of questions while that thing is strapped on.

Wouldn't read too much into it? So it's no big deal when the best team in the sport loses its primary sponsor?
If that sponsor left one team to go to another, yes it would be a big deal.
For a sponsor to leave the sport altogether, it is not so shocking. Even a 7 time champion can lose his main sponsor.

The height of stupidity is when you keep doing the same thing expecting different results.
The 15 million budget is not getting the job done if sales are trending lower. For all we know this could be true of all those caffeine drinks. Fads come and fads go and if sales are dropping you cut the advertising budget or change it. Just ask LOWE'S.

Not sure I would keep Larson in the same company as the rest of these guys. He has at least finished 2nd several times this year. I attribute his struggles to the new camaro. He has been the only Chevy driver even close to a victory this year. The camaros are getting better but still aren't there.

Bingo. Bottom line is these younger guys aren’t competing and winning races
Hey some of the older/veteran guys aren't getting it done either, Kenseth, JJ, McMurray, Hamlin, Menard, Kahne, Newman.

Bottom line is that only 3 guys and 2 manufacturers are getting it done this year.

Back
Top Bottom