To add fuel to the fire

I am sure Denny never gave thought to how the car was prepared and just got in the thing and wheeled it to the best of his ability......and then broke his arm patting himself on the back for putting on such a good show. As far as JGR and cheating goes it makes sense for them to do it to win races for their sponsors and to see if the X cars give them intel for the cup races. I am sure they don't care if the get a cucumbered win and a slap on the wrist.

The 20 car team knew what they we doing and to take away a win from someone who has never won in this series makes it even worse. The new bonehead of the week is now hamlin. They had to take off a legal splitter and put this one on hoping not to get caught. Would have been justice if the cup cars with jibbs racing had these on as well and were caught red handed "after" the cup race.
Take the win away and give it to the number 9 and ban henny damlin and the 20 car for the rest of the season in xfinity. "class of the field"? then why would there be a need to cheat? when cup regulars run in this series, i dont watch. "they won by about 12 inches"???? lets say this pass took place 10 laps earlier, still think it would have been a 12 inch win? highly unlikely, even Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could see this.

The 20 car team knew what they we doing and to take away a win from someone who has never won in this series makes it even worse. The new bonehead of the week is now hamlin. They had to take off a legal splitter and put this one on hoping not to get caught. Would have been justice if the cup cars with jibbs racing had these on as well and were caught red handed "after" the cup race.
Take the win away and give it to the number 9 and ban henny damlin and the 20 car for the rest of the season in xfinity. "class of the field"? then why would there be a need to cheat? when cup regulars run in this series, i dont watch. "they won by about 12 inches"???? lets say this pass took place 10 laps earlier, still think it would have been a 12 inch win? highly unlikely, even Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could see this.
I'm not sure the Gibbers aren't running the cheated up spoiler. Won't be able to tell until they get on a big track but I think a eagle eyed tech caught it. Could even be an argument made for getting caught with a foreign brand in Detroit. They looked a bit harder and found the problem. :cool:

Take the win away and give it to the number 9

While I understand your reasoning it makes no sense at all to give a win to someone that didnt earn it. The 9 will win and I hope its not this week at Iowa but somewhere he can race Denny again and beat him.

While I understand your reasoning it makes no sense at all to give a win to someone that didnt earn it. The 9 will win and I hope its not this week at Iowa but somewhere he can race Denny again and beat him.

The great thing, especially for a young driver, is to be able to celebrate the win with his team and in front of the fans the moment it happens. In many cases I am sure that thrill beats all else and to deny him that privilege of being able to enjoy that really stinks.

The great thing, especially for a young driver, is to be able to celebrate the win with his team and in front of the fans the moment it happens. In many cases I am sure that thrill beats all else and to deny him that privilege of being able to enjoy that really stinks.

No one took a win from Byron though. If he'd raced a bit more aggressive he might have won the race. Im sure he'd rather win out right than to recieve a Cal Naughton Jr. type win.

Where I came from, if you were too light you forfeited the race
If your motor was too big when it was scoped, you forfeited and got fined
If somebody protested and your motor was illegal they got your motor..if it wasn't they got yours.

How much did the illegal spoiler reduce the 20's lap times ?

This is an excellent question. I'd love to know if this helps in traffic? Turns? Straights? Clean air? Draft? I hope I see some animation on this detailing what the 20 team did and how the effect it had on the car in racing conditions.

^ It adds a few counts of front downforce that likely helps front/rear aero balance. They probably tested it in a wind tunnel.

The ILLEGAL splitter probably slowed the 20 car down and added 75 pounds to the nose, cheating teams arent that smart and dont know what they are doing, they just like to cheat.
The 20 team stole a win from a rookie, way to go cheaters! What I cant understand is a cup guy stepping down into the "lower" series and feels the need to cheat, makes no sense. nascrap said there will be "fines" but will they equal the winnings? How about no winnings and they fine equals what the winnings would have been, a suspension, basically make it a "real" fine not just a slap on the wrist. Yet nascrap cant understand why the fans aren't showing up any more, brilliant!

This is an excellent question. I'd love to know if this helps in traffic? Turns? Straights? Clean air? Draft? I hope I see some animation on this detailing what the 20 team did and how the effect it had on the car in racing conditions.

It gained them 12 inches :D

If they passed the finish line first yeah. Go ahead and encumber the win but you csnt give it to 2nd place.

Do we go with that same thing if say, the person who wins the Championship cheated? I mean, you can't punish that in anyway BUT taking away the championship, so what then? You got to set something now that if you win you don't keep the win, or something like that could very well happen at the end of the season.

This is one of the biggest problems with Cup drivers competing in Xfinity...they have no incentive not to cheat. Sure, the win is encumbered, but does that really make a difference in the grand scheme of things? Hamlin isn't running for the Xfinity championship, so other than a slight hit for the owner's championship, this penalty is a big nothingburger.
Disqualified and take the win away, happens in Nascar weekly racing, it should happen at all levels.

en·cum·ber
inˈkəmbər,enˈkəmbər/
verb
past tense: encumbered; past participle: encumbered
  1. restrict or burden (someone or something) in such a way that free action or movement is difficult.
    "henny damlin was encumbered by her heavy skirts or splitter"
    synonyms: hamper, hinder, obstruct, impede, cramp, inhibit, restrict, limit, constrain, restrain, bog down, retard, slow cry (down); More
    • saddle (a person or estate) with a debt or mortgage.
      "an estate heavily encumbered with debt"
    • fill or block up (a place).
      "we tripped over sticks and stones, which encumber most of the trail"
    • In nascar it means keep your winnings, the 1st place trophy and if you do it again we'll not be nice to you for almost 5 whole days.

You commit an egregious violation, you pay the crime, no reason why wins don't get taken away like they do in Modifieds and Late Models.

Do we go with that same thing if say, the person who wins the Championship cheated? I mean, you can't punish that in anyway BUT taking away the championship, so what then? You got to set something now that if you win you don't keep the win, or something like that could very well happen at the end of the season.

@Simple Fan can to give an answer to this question? As it could happen.(then again if it does, we wouldn't ever hear about it.)

Damn.. big penalty.. without that regular season win now Denny has to worry about making the playoffs on points or getting to victory lane again.... oh wait. :confused::confused::confused:

:rolleyes:

:banned:<-----NASCAR

:moon: :booya: <-----Denny

@Simple Fan can to give an answer to this question? As it could happen.(then again if it does, we wouldn't ever hear about it.)

Encumbered Championship? I dont know but as I've said in the other thread, these small things like splitter position and ride height just aren't something that deserves a disqualification. If it was to happen though I'd have to say keep is hush and dont let it get out like you mentioned.

This has been an interesting read for me and it brings to mind what should be done with a team caught cheating that finishes in 7th place? Should cars that are able to make repairs and return to the track be told that if they finish the race outside of tolerances due to the repair they will be disqualified? Do we want to have a rigid set of rules with very harsh penalties that make the crew and car chiefs very conservative?

It seems to me that if you were a cup driver participating in X it would be highly advantageous to cheat as much as possible because by the time things are found out you have the trophy and the sponsors have got great exposure.

Back
Top Bottom