todays bonehead

vert der ferk?
hq720.jpg

48 easy. Ridiculous! Not meeting minimums is inexcusable
Don't you think we should find out WHY before we start pointing fingers? The story already going around is that something came off the car when Alex jumped the curb early in the race. Now if true, that doesn't necessarily mean that the 48 team doesn't bear some responsibility for it departing the car, but it sort of takes it out of the ridiculous and inexcusable realm in my opinion. Regardless, after the way the appeals board totally ignored Sam Mayer's bent frame clip at Talladega, I'm not holding out any hope for a reprieve for the 48 even if it is warranted.

Don't you think we should find out WHY before we start pointing fingers? The story already going around is that something came off the car when Alex jumped the curb early in the race. Now if true, that doesn't necessarily mean that the 48 team doesn't bear some responsibility for it departing the car, but it sort of takes it out of the ridiculous and inexcusable realm in my opinion. Regardless, after the way the appeals board totally ignored Sam Mayer's bent frame clip at Talladega, I'm not holding out any hope for a reprieve for the 48 even if it is warranted.
What fell off that was 20 pounds and nobody saw it? I'll wait..........................

I hope we the fans get the whole story without a Nascar coverup
NASCAR coverup? Why the hell would they want Bowman out? Whats in it for them? Nothing, thats what. Good luck "covering up" what every one saw on the scales.

NASCAR coverup? Why the hell would they want Bowman out? Whats in it for them? Nothing, thats what. Good luck "covering up" what every one saw on the scales.
There have been tons of "infractions" that are never reported. They seldom show the illegal parts, just last week when they DQ'd JR's car they didn't show or say how too low it was. So as simple as I can make it, how many pounds too low, and what if anything was missing.

It could be something as simple as NASCAR wanting 1 less Chevy in order to keep a similar number manufacturers in the next round.

Personally I don’t think NASCAR had anything to do with this. It’s likely that something happened when Bowman hit the tarmac hard.

Or HMS may have removed 17 pounds of weight before the race started. That doesn’t seem likely though.

what weights 17 pounds that falls off a racecar and doesnt stop it.i fun be fun to see what they find.

That is what I have been saying. When the appeal is over it would be nice if a Nascar official would give the fans the weight allowable they can lose and how far off the 48 was from making weight.

That is what I have been saying. When the appeal is over it would be nice if a Nascar official would give the fans the weight allowable they can lose and how far off the 48 was from making weight.
I thought whoever the official was that did the press conference said they were allowed 0.5% weight loss. I'd just like to know what they actually lost and how it happened. If they cheated it is what it is.

I know the #6 got DQ'd last year for not making post race weight and not much was said regarding it.

The minimum weight by rule is 3400 lbs with a 0.5% tolerance for loss of “consumables” … tire wear, brake rotor and pad wear, loss of fluids. Fuel and water can be topped off prior to scaling.

So … if the car weighs 3383 lbs it’s legal. 0.5% of 3400 lbs is 17 lbs.

I nominate Jesse Love's crew chief. What was he thinking? There must've been something going on that wasn't made public. Imagine if he missed the next round, what a massive blunder that would've been.

I nominate Jesse Love's crew chief. What was he thinking? There must've been something going on that wasn't made public. Imagine if he missed the next round, what a massive blunder that would've been.
Not to mention him and Hill were trying to have a repeat of the Martinsville incident between Hill and Creed all day long.

Sounds like they allowed them to replenish fluids and it still came up light.

“Unfortunately, the 48 had an issue (and) did not meet minimum weight,” said Brad Moran, managing director of the NASCAR Cup Series. “We put the car to the side. We continued on. We … gave them the opportunity to fuel the car as well as purge the water system and add water. So we gave them every opportunity to make minimum weight. We ran them back through. Unfortunately, they were light again. They are allowed a 0.5% weight break, which is for usage of fluids and so on. That’s about 17 pounds."
From nascar.com

The minimum weight by rule is 3400 lbs with a 0.5% tolerance for loss of “consumables” … tire wear, brake rotor and pad wear, loss of fluids. Fuel and water can be topped off prior to scaling.

So … if the car weighs 3383 lbs it’s legal. 0.5% of 3400 lbs is 17 lbs.
I know it is a moot point, but I would like to know how far off they missed weight. A hunk of ballast I would think would be pretty far below weight, but a pound or two of something that fell off during the race?

I know it is a moot point, but I would like to know how far off they missed weight. A hunk of ballast I would think would be pretty far below weight, but a pound or two of something that fell off during the race?
I know at the end of the day light is light, but I'd like to know if it was 100 pounds light or 17.1

Back
Top Bottom