Tony being Tony

he's right. they are looking for a story so the run with just be the first one with breaking news.

big difference between looking for a story and making one up..what any older newsman will tell you. there is a difference today in what is news and what is commentary(mostly B.S.)

"I don't need that crap, I got enough stuff to worry about." :whoopee:

yeah if it wasn't dani wadding up a brand new car last week, bonehead newman does.o_O as he looks over at the 5th place 29 car.

what was the deal with Newman, it's not like he was running upfront and being blocked.

He needs to pay Gilliland to start and park, if it isn't danni it is newman and Gilliland.

what was the deal with Newman, it's not like he was running upfront and being blocked.
Gilliland said when they interviewed him that the 7 was in front of him and he couldn't go anywhere and was being held up. So here is newman behind and he turns him. I think they were in the 26th spot? whole bunch of stupid if ya ask me.

I have all the respect in the world for a good honest reporter, but I have no respect for a reporter that tries to bait the drivers or manufacture drama just to get a good story. Tony did a nice job of putting this reporter in his place.

Yeah I fault the media with this one, especially Bob Pockrass. Tony is right, they go to everyone but the actual people with the facts. to write their stories. Bob even tried to makes an excuse for it "well everyone in the garage says". F#ck you Bob, how about you ask Tony instead of every one but him. The reason they ask everyone, but the person with the facts, is because they don't want their rumors I mean stories shot down before they can milk them for everything they are worth. Bob Pockrass and Jenna Fryer are two I think the media center can do with out.

Tony had just won a race and he should have been excited and celebrating his win with his team, and instead he was dealing with a question from a reporter that didn't need to be asked at that time. I think it was a crock of crap myself and I understand why drivers have such a problem with some reporters.

Tony had just won a race and he should have been excited and celebrating his win with his team, and instead he was dealing with a stupid question from a reporter that didn't need to be asked at that time. I think it was a crock of crap myself and I understand why drivers have such a problem with some reporters.

I agreed with Tony's response about the BS speculation and crappy reporting but the question was relevant because of that speculation.

Drivers should be able to pound the crap out of idiot reporters that ask stupid questions at inappropriate times, without legal repercussions.

Drivers should be able to pound the crap out of idiot reporters that ask stupid questions at inappropriate times, without legal repercussions.

Again, wasn't a stupid question or an inappropriate time. I agree that the speculation was stupid and there was some sloppy reporting - but it was there.

It may have been somewhat of a BS question but did Tony really need to respond with: "When I finally got wind of it (the rumors) was three weeks after it first came out . . .and it was a big distraction . . . and it kept us from doing our job."

whatta jamoke . . .

At least he wasn't being as much of a whiner as he was when he was ranting about blocking.
Damn you Tony Stewart -- you got that fu€king dover win because of ******* luck. Your team still sucks, and you're still a hippo-crit.

If only more drivers actually said what they thought. Was Jimmie pissed about that call today? You sure couldn't tell it with his vanilla response in the post race interview.
I knew you would come to this thread before long. I ask you -- why the fu€k do you like this hippo-crit of a driver? There isnt anything to like about him. And this is coming from a Busch bros fan.

I knew you would come to this thread before long. I ask you -- why the fu€k do you like this hippo-crit of a driver? There isnt anything to like about him. And this is coming from a Busch bros fan.

What do you like about JJ? He's old school, he tells ya what he thinks(even if he's the only one who thinks it). He is real and not some pretty boy driver who's most concerned about talking about his sponsor after the race.

What do you like about JJ? He's old school, he tells ya what he thinks(even if he's the only one who thinks it). He is real and not some pretty boy driver who's most concerned about talking about his sponsor after the race.
Tony Stewart is a complete whiner and like I've called him before, a hippo-crit.

JJ is one of the best driver EVER to be in Nascar, doesnt do stupid $hit, and is a genunally nice guy. Sure, sometimes I find his personality to be a bit bland. That's what the Busches are for. And when they do stupid $hit (less than half than frequently as Stewart), I always have JJ there to root for.

JJ is one of the best driver EVER to be in Nascar, doesnt do stupid $hit, and is a genunally nice guy. Sure, sometimes I find his personality to be a bit bland. That's what the Busches are for. And when they do stupid $hit (less than half than frequently as Stewart), I always have JJ there to root for.

Tony hasn't been parked by Nascar like the Busch brothers have. He hasn't been fired or had sponsors threaten to drop him because of his actions.

The thing is, he SHOULD have.

Everyone always gets on Kyle Busch's case for turning Ron Hornday in trucks, which is fair enough. I agree 100% with Nascar's penalty in that case, and think he screwed up big time. But remember when Stewart did something like that to Kyle at Daytona a few years back? Intentionally head on into the wall, causing a massive pileup, and knocking Kyle out of the chase.

"You're the guy I expect to bring that up."

Yep, pretty much par for the course for Pockrass.

Don't like a lot of what Pockrass does , but I do like to hear rumors from the garage area instead of dead silence . If he had asked Tony , the official response would have been deny , deny , deny . It's the same crap we get on the news every night , faced with a direct question , no businessman , politician , police , lawyer , anybody , ever gives an open and honest response .

And this is the reason I like Stewart. He is not some fake sponsor pushing robot. He is the real deal that can drive and will flat out tell you what he thinks. I thought it was funny to be honest that he tore that reporter a new ass. He had it coming imo.

I like Tony but he is an A-hole from time to time. This being one of those times IMO. I don't see any problem with him being asked a question about the rumors. People are talking about the problems with his organization. WE have been talking about the problems at his organization. We had a thread started on here a couple weeks ago about SHR that had 80 + responses. There are questions about his organization and rightfully so. It looks to me like Tony's got more pressure on him then he'd like to let on and Bob P. was his sacrificial scapegoat this week. He could have easily said that there's no truth to any of the rumors and moved on to the next question but it was Tony being Tony alright.

Yeah I fault the media with this one, especially Bob Pockrass. Tony is right, they go to everyone but the actual people with the facts. to write their stories. Bob even tried to makes an excuse for it "well everyone in the garage says". F#ck you Bob, how about you ask Tony instead of every one but him. The reason they ask everyone, but the person with the facts, is because they don't want their rumors I mean stories shot down before they can milk them for everything they are worth. Bob Pockrass and Jenna Fryer are two I think the media center can do with out.

Disagree about Jenna. Pockrass and Jim Utter are two morons but I think Jenna is one of the best NASCAR beat reporters.

I agreed with Tony's response about the BS speculation and crappy reporting but the question was relevant because of that speculation.

You mean the speculation that he already had to dismiss through a press release last week? The same speculation that he had to read about instead of being asked about in the first place? The question didn't need to be asked. Pockrass was being an asset looking for a story. Don't know if that was the one he wanted, but he got it.

It may have been somewhat of a BS question but did Tony really need to respond with: "When I finally got wind of it (the rumors) was three weeks after it first came out . . .and it was a big distraction . . . and it kept us from doing our job."

whatta jamoke . . .

I take it you have never been in a management position have you? When rumors like this get spread around that usually means you have to take time out of day to meet with the person to relax them and discuss with them the truth. My guess is Tony had to have a sit down with not just Addington but all his top crew and explain the situation and dismiss the rumors. Whether that takes 15 minutes or 5 hours that keeps them from doing their job. My guess is whatever meetings he had took longer than 15 minutes.

whatta jamoke . . .

I take it you have never been in a management position have you? When rumors like this get spread around that usually means you have to take time out of day to meet with the person to relax them and discuss with them the truth. My guess is Tony had to have a sit down with not just Addington but all his top crew and explain the situation and dismiss the rumors. Whether that takes 15 minutes or 5 hours that keeps them from doing their job. My guess is whatever meetings he had took longer than 15 minutes.

Quite the contrary, I've had a management position for more years than I care to remember.

Regarding the current topic, you like Tony and I don't.

Case closed.

Even if Tony did write a memo and posted it up on a bulletin board, there will be employees who will not believe it, so it was a morale issue that can hurt a race team. I have to go with Tony on this one, because if they did change things around, we would have heard about it. The press have always been like parasites, hungry for a story. It was not far fetched to think that SHR would make changes, but apparently none of the press asked Tony. Pockrass must have been the rumor starter, Tony tore him a new one.

Quite the contrary, I've had a management position for more years than I care to remember.

Case closed.

So your comment was based solely on the position that you dislike Tony. Gotcha.

Case closed.

So your comment was based solely on the position that you dislike Tony. Gotcha.

And your comment was based on something more than the fact that you like Tony. Gotcha.

Back
Top Bottom