Tony being Tony

It is a racing advantage, holds down the left side. That has been their trouble this year. He has gained weight and their setup book is off.

As a fan, I have wondered (and might have posted on here) whether Addington was going to be replaced. Aside from the first few races of last season, this team hasn't done much and this year has been a joke. But that's me saying that - a fan. If a writer is thinking aloud about something like that, it better be in a column (which is an opinion piece) and not in a story as a matter of fact.

Everyone is making a big deal about Tonys weight this year. Did you ever think there's a very good reason for the weight gain? Think about it when riding a motorcycle you lean left or right to turn. Most tracks the drivers turn left with Tonys weight gain he has an advantage as its easier to turn left now. You know he isn't as young as he used to be. This helps out the older generation. Haven't you ever noticed most older people are heavier. Now you know the rest of the story.

Everyone is making a big deal about Tonys weight this year. Did you ever think there's a very good reason for the weight gain? Think about it when riding a motorcycle you lean left or right to turn. Most tracks the drivers turn left with Tonys weight gain he has an advantage as its easier to turn left now. You know he isn't as young as he used to be. This helps out the older generation. Haven't you ever noticed most older people are heavier. Now you know the rest of the story.
So THAT'S why 100 lb. Danica turns right into the wall so much ;)

Tony is a whining hypocrite, but he's entertaining. If Pockrass had brought that up with Tony 3 weeks ago, he would have gotten the same attitude from Tony. If these 'rumors' did keep SHR from doing their job, something needs to change fast. Tony got a lucky win, Danica finished 4 laps down, and Newman was 2 laps down when he wrecked another car 2 laps down, and Gilliland made sure he took Newman with him.

SHR is by far THE most entertaining organization this year.

Tony is a whining hypocrite, but he's entertaining. If Pockrass had brought that up with Tony 3 weeks ago, he would have gotten the same attitude from Tony. If these 'rumors' did keep SHR from doing their job, something needs to change fast. Tony got a lucky win, Danica finished 4 laps down, and Newman was 2 laps down when he wrecked another car 2 laps down, and Gilliland made sure he took Newman with him.

SHR is by far THE most entertaining organization this year.
You took the words right out of my mouth, FB. I used to hate Tony but once he left Gibbs and joined/started SHR he started to mellow out a bit, and I learned to not take him so seriously. (Now, if only I could learn to do the same thing with Hamlin, I'd be a happy man.) Ever since then I've found his antics entertaining regardless of whether or not I agree with what he's doing or saying at any given time.

In this particular instance, I agree with him. When I turned on the video and Bob Pockrass's name was announced, I immediately burst out laughing because I knew what was coming. As some of you have already pointed out, Pockrass seems to be one of those that likes to stir the pot, or ask the tough questions, to put it extremely nicely. Well, ask a tough question, get a tough answer.

Of course, the most important thing in all of this is that Tony's tirade was hilarious, as usual.

You took the words right out of my mouth, FB. I used to hate Tony but once he left Gibbs and joined/started SHR he started to mellow out a bit, and I learned to not take him so seriously. (Now, if only I could learn to do the same thing with Hamlin, I'd be a happy man.) Ever since then I've found his antics entertaining regardless of whether or not I agree with what he's doing or saying at any given time.

In this particular instance, I agree with him. When I turned on the video and Bob Pockrass's name was announced, I immediately burst out laughing because I knew what was coming. As some of you have already pointed out, Pockrass seems to be one of those that likes to stir the pot, or ask the tough questions, to put it extremely nicely. Well, ask a tough question, get a tough answer.

Of course, the most important thing in all of this is that Tony's tirade was hilarious, as usual.

The question was a legitimate question and it was the right time to ask it. I'm sorry if Tony doesn't like it but Pocky did nothing wrong. I did enjoy his response regarding the BS rumors though.

The question was a legitimate question and it was the right time to ask it. I'm sorry if Tony doesn't like it but Pocky did nothing wrong. I did enjoy his response regarding the BS rumors though.

Andy. Go back through this thread that you created and read your posts...

Grow up you drama queen.....,

Andy. Go back through this thread that you created and read your posts...

Grow up you drama queen.....,

I said I agreed with Tony's response regarding the rumors and that whoever wrote the stories about changes at SHR should've called the team before running them. However, once it did become a story, it deserves a follow up.

I can call names too, dick face.

I disagree. My biggest complaint about Pockrass is he asks these questions after a race on pit road or in the media center after a victory. Who wants to talk about rumors after a victory? But Tony doesn't like Pockrass, and Tony tends to act like a princess and refuse to talk to people he has a problem with, so he probably wouldn't give Pockrass a chance to ask any other time.

Yeah, it definitely had to be an adjustment for SHR when Danica arrived on the scene. Newman isn't exactly a lightweight himself.

Are you saying Harvick is going to show up for Speedweeks next year 50 pounds heavier?

Yeah, Budweisers and the Gargantuan from Jimmy Johns is what he needs to fatten himself up.

017_jimmyjohns.jpg

I disagree. My biggest complaint about Pockrass is he asks these questions after a race on pit road or in the media center after a victory. Who wants to talk about rumors after a victory? But Tony doesn't like Pockrass, and Tony tends to act like a princess and refuse to talk to people he has a problem with, so he probably wouldn't give Pockrass a chance to ask any other time.

Tony eats parasites like Prockrass for lunch. Instead of a "corporate" answer, he starts chewing away while the cameras roll, giving them just enough for a sound bite for nationwide TV. He makes the most of his required media time when he can.

Tony eats parasites like Prockrass for lunch. Instead of a "corporate" answer, he starts chewing away while the cameras roll, giving them just enough for a sound bite for nationwide TV. He makes the most of his required media time when he can.
Tony won't back down from the media that's for sure. I wish we had more drivers like him. Most of the reporters are smart enough to know not to mess with him, but there are still a few that he has to straighten out once in a while.

Jimmy John's and Budweiser. Doesn't get much better than that.

Jimmy John's and Loose Cannon while watching IndyCars going 180 mph down Pratt Street. That's the ticket.

I could piss in a glass and it'd have more alcohol than Budweiser and taste about the same.

The only good thing I can bring myself to say about Tony Stewart is at least he ain't Kevin Harvick. Just can't bring myself to really care much if these multi- millionaires are a little aggravated because they have to, well, answer damned questions.

We need more Petty attitude, less Stewart attitude in this sport.

I loved what Danica said about Tonys interviews. She loves them because he is not afraid to say what he feels, and she wished she could say the things he says. She also asked the media if they are nervous when they interview Tony.

Back
Top Bottom