Too Aggressive?

There are plenty of role models in racing, some people choose to look for the ones that aren't
We don't know them...nor do we need to. They race. We watch. Role models are 24/7.

I hear you.....God only knows how many lives Richmond impacted.....but to the point....This is why I don't go deep when it comes to driver's lives....You don't know what you will find. It is enough for me that they are badasses at the wheel. I find my role models elsewhere.
Fair enough. I'm sure they ALL have skeletons in their closets in some form or fashion. But dirtbag parents grate on me. I raised 2 girls that were not my own. He wasn't a complete DB. He was in their lives but he had no problem with their mother and I paying for 90% up until they were 18 then all else afterwards (college, weddings, cars, insurance, etc).

I'd probably enjoy lots of things if I didn't just root for the people who have some class on and off the field.

I raised a step son without a dime from his father and I never saw him. That is something I chose to do. People need to accept responsibility for their actions when they sign up.

I raised a step son without a dime from his father and I never saw him. That is something I chose to do. People need to accept responsibility for their actions when they sign up.
You referring to one who "fathered" the kids or the ones that stepped up?

I don't expect a good father to be a good race car driver. Why expect a good race car driver to be a good father?

People who are extremely successful at their profession sometimes turn out to be somewhat neglectful parents.

There is only so much time in the day for someone to excel at something.

Other things, like raising kids, can suffer as a result of a person's obsessive dedication to that something.

Me, I got a decent job and then had kids (and grandkids).

In over 30 years, only had to dip into the bail-bond fund one time (my son's DUI). :cool:

I don't expect a good father to be a good race car driver. Why expect a good race car driver to be a good father?
Why would you expect anything different from a race car driver then you would from anyone else? I have spent half my life around race car drivers, and most of them have been great dads to their kids. Most of the kids end up following in their dads' footsteps. :confused:

Last edited:
Yeah anyone that has a kid should be a parent first, occupation second. You don't have to be there for everything but if you are not you should be doing something that allows you to make that child's life better. Just my thoughts on it.

Why would you expect anything different from a race car driver then you would from anyone else? I have spent half my life around race car drivers, and most of them have been great dads to their kids. Most of the kids end up following in their dads' footsteps. :confused:
My apologies, I again didn't make my point.

I don't try to make a connection between a person's professional skills and their parenting skills, pro or con. I don't see why anyone would. So I don't get why Earnhardt's parenting (in)abilities are brought up in conjunction with his driving or business management ones. One has little to do with the other.

I don't hold drivers to a different standard. They're like any other group of people; some great, some reprehensible, most somewhere in the middle. But it seems to me that's what's being done by expecting them (or any other famous person) to be parenting role models. If Earnhardt hadn't been a great driver, he probably would have been the same type of father but nobody would be talking about how he treated his children. Why should professional success be used to measure one's non-professional life?

Hopefully I did a better job this time.

I think there's a fine line. If you're moving someone for the win or if you move someone who's been blocking and mirror driving, that's one thing.

However, to intentionally send someone to the wall or purposely drive through them is another thing all together.

Usually NASCAR deals with the most egregious intentional wrecking just fine. However I would leave the bumping and banging to be self policed by the drivers.

Race others how you want to be raced is a good motto to live by.

My apologies, I again didn't make my point.

I don't try to make a connection between a person's professional skills and their parenting skills, pro or con. I don't see why anyone would. So I don't get why Earnhardt's parenting (in)abilities are brought up in conjunction with his driving or business management ones. One has little to do with the other.

I don't hold drivers to a different standard. They're like any other group of people; some great, some reprehensible, most somewhere in the middle. But it seems to me that's what's being done by expecting them (or any other famous person) to be parenting role models. If Earnhardt hadn't been a great driver, he probably would have been the same type of father but nobody would be talking about how he treated his children. Why should professional success be used to measure one's non-professional life?

Hopefully I did a better job this time.
Eh, nobody is saying he or any other professional driver or even athlete to b a parenting role model. Just be a parent to your kid, that's all. And he chose to be a dirtbag to his first born. Says all I need to know about him and what he put first (him). There is the connection if that's what your implying. And I chose to include being dirtbags or POS attitudes/behaviors to determine who I support and like.
Didn't question his driving...even though he was as aggressive as they come and was king of the "I can do unto you but do NOT do unto me!" double standard.

Yeah anyone that has a kid should be a parent first, occupation second. You don't have to be there for everything but if you are not you should be doing something that allows you to make that child's life better. Just my thoughts on it.
I agree, but the fact is that if one of these drivers chooses family, and performance declines, the fanbase is all over them. Those buying t-shirts aren't rooting for life success.

Then why the hell the uproar when Denny moved Chase at Martinsville a few years back? Yeah, I know. Whether we are talking about rating a race, or if a move was correct....it always comes down to who the driver is.
Yeah, at the end of the day, super stars are bigger than their sport. They transcend rules, and consistency and the "ethics" of the sport lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I agree, but the fact is that if one of these drivers chooses family, and performance declines, the fanbase is all over them. Those buying t-shirts aren't rooting for life success.
Haven't ever heard that excuse. Maybe Edwards retiring? And Mark "retired" once for his son's racing endeavor and nobody dogged him. Heck, he got dogged more because he came back full time when his son lost interest.

Haven't ever heard that excuse. Maybe Edwards retiring? And Mark "retired" once for his son's racing endeavor and nobody dogged him. Heck, he got dogged more because he came back full time when his son lost interest.
We good with a driver skipping a race to watch his kid drive...or play baseball?....and.....Do we really know why Carl left? I love that he kept his family out of everything. That's the way to do it IMO. We assume it was about his family, but that is more the brand talking than anybody having any kind of a clue.

We good with a driver skipping a race to watch his kid drive...or play baseball?....and.....Do we really know why Carl left? I love that he kept his family out of everything. That's the way to do it IMO. We assume it was about his family, but that is more the brand talking than anybody having any kind of a clue.
Doesn’t matter to me why they race or don’t race. All I’m saying is DE was a great driver and a dirtbag Dad. Even Jr and his sister don’t go to great lengths to brag on him as a father.

And I was agreeing to post 17’s assertion he was an a**hole On AND off the track. Particularly to his kids.

Somebody can dish it out but can't be bothered to remove helmet before punching someone. Just a sad spoiled little boy.
Will bet a dollar to a donut that the coach saw what a wuss his grandson is. But he will do nothing.

Put him in someone else's car and we will see if he is as good as you contend
Are you implying the other vehicles are substandard?
Or the other vehicles are good equipment with substandard drivers..
Or, the kid can flat out drive anything and be a top 5 producer consistently, regardless of his attitude, which does need improvement...

Put him in someone else's car and we will see if he is as good as you contend
You are clueless. First you defend Sauter for being an idiot then you claim Gibbs wouldnt be as good in another car. Gibbs has several other cars on the track that Ty consistently outruns with the same stuff he's got.

You are clueless. First you defend Sauter for being an idiot then you claim Gibbs wouldnt be as good in another car. Gibbs has several other cars on the track that Ty consistently outruns with the same stuff he's got.
Kinda shows what his M.O. is if ya know what I mean. I've been ignoring the upside down glasses part of it.

Are you implying the other vehicles are substandard?
Or the other vehicles are good equipment with substandard drivers..
Or, the kid can flat out drive anything and be a top 5 producer consistently, regardless of his attitude, which does need improvement...
There are some cars the best driver in the universe can't even put in the top 5.

He's spoiled. But he's taking advantage of the opportunity. The fact of the matter is that his talents shouldn't be questioned because he's producing dominant results.

His attitude however, well...

Meyer instigated Gibbs. What did you expect? I'm glad Meyer got punched in the face.

There are some cars the best driver in the universe can't even put in the top 5.

He's spoiled. But he's taking advantage of the opportunity. The fact of the matter is that his talents shouldn't be questioned because he's producing dominant results.

There is no questioning his talents, it's obvious they are among the best. Age will make him better, well see how his attitude fares as well...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/304101741845651/?ref=share

Screenshot_20220410-095820_Facebook.jpg

Probably so. But that doesn't change the fact that right now he acts like an entitled jackass. The holy roller act only goes so far.
You'd dislike him no matter what he said or did because of your fondness for his Grandpa. Tell me I am wrong...right here in front of everybody. You constantly reference the faith of the Gibbs family. They have you. You see, the objective is not to be the most holy group on the face of the planet, but rather to establish a platform to spread that faith. Whether Ty and Coach thank the Lord after victory or show their humanity by punching somebody, faith will be mentioned....and that, at the end of the day for the Gibbs family is what matters.

Last edited:

He's fine. He might change as time goes by, but he is fine just as he is. NASCAR loves it, the fanbase loves it, Toyota fans love it....we all love it. He moves the needle. We all know who else does that.

It's funny how one weekend grandpa Gibbs is giving the holy invocation before the race, then the next weekend baby Gibbs gets in a fight at the end of a race. Seems to be a conflict of interests but revman says it's what they wanted. U can't make this $hit up!

It's funny how one weekend grandpa Gibbs is giving the holy invocation before the race, then the next weekend baby Gibbs gets in a fight at the end of a race. Seems to be a conflict of interests but revman says it's what they wanted. U can't make this $hit up!
Coach in a spiritually influential position, and his grandson showing his humanity in all its glory. Opportunities. This isn't hard.

Back
Top Bottom