too few threads on first page.

Anyone remember the days when we had four Danica threads a day? Sometimes we got to read about her lack of driving abilities, yoga poses, dinner plans and favorite movies with 'The' in the title in four distinct locations. Riveting threads each and every one of them day after day after day after day..... We're those the days or what?

The nice thing about if you don't care with how this forum is run, you get your choice of leaving this area of Nascar discussion and clicking on another Nascar forum where it's a no holds barred free for all of trash talking trendy thread topics. \breath

Hats off to the mods that make this the best Nascar forum on the net.

I find that it problematic when a new thread gets merged with the "Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about....." thread.

As I recall, when you click on the new thread link it takes you to the first page (of nearly 500 pages) of the "Random" thread.

:idunno:
I've only found that to happen after I've clicked the 'Mark Forum as Read' button.

If the forum stays the same size and is only for the regulars then keep doing the same, which it seems to have been for years here. If that isn’t the goal try new things that might get more interested. Mix things up, all i am saying. Reading tons of pages in a catch all thread isn’t what I want to do. It’s great if your the one who stated the thread, I contend it’s not inviting to new people. I am one voice, clearly.

Reddit has many exciting and different topics such as “Hey I met THE DiBurrito Today” or “What If DiBurrito drove top equipment?” I’ve been searching for a place to talk auto racing on the net since I was in high school (99-03) wish I found this place sooner, this is the absolute best I’ve seen. No need to change IMO

I would like to see all the games under one thread. Then again there would be few threads to scroll past.

If the forum stays the same size and is only for the regulars then keep doing the same, which it seems to have been for years here. If that isn’t the goal try new things that might get more interested. Mix things up, all i am saying. Reading tons of pages in a catch all thread isn’t what I want to do. It’s great if your the one who stated the thread, I contend it’s not inviting to new people. I am one voice, clearly.
Yet we get new members all the time. Heck some that leave, for whatever reason :rolleyes:, tend to come back under a new screen name just to enjoy the experience again and again at our amusement. ;)

Seriously though, in a quick glance of the members section of this forum, I see a dozen new members that have joined this past week alone. Not everyone posts. Some are just here to read. Some may feel just like you that the forum is lacking something. They might move on or they may understand that not everyone can be satisfied with every aspect of this place or any other pace for that matter.

Only speaking for myself, I think that overall, this is a pretty great place to talk and get updates on the world of Nascar. It's the first place I go to when I want to know what's going on. Familiarity of where to locate info on this forum is part of its appeal to me. Knowing that the first post in the pre-race thread always posts the schedule for the upcoming week makes it a 'goto thread' for me. Starting lineups, penalty info, practice info, etc..... it's all there. I like consistency but I realize that's just me. @Johali does an awesome job getting those started each week. @TexasRaceLady getting those race threads going give everyone a place to hash out the current race happenings. Whether it's @Johali's rate the race threads, @StandOnIt's Truck & Xfinity threads, @ToyYoda's, never ending struggle to pull numbers out of our rambling ratings each and every week or anyone else that I'm not mentioning, everyone makes this a great place to visit on a daily basis.

This place is like meeting up with a circle of friends discussing something that we all have in common. It's familiar, and it's small enough to give you a sense of getting to know members that post here. That's the kind of place that I was looking for when I found this place. That's what keeps me coming back.

Yet we get new members all the time. Heck some that leave, for whatever reason :rolleyes:, tend to come back under a new screen name just to enjoy the experience again and again at our amusement. ;)

Seriously though, in a quick glance of the members section of this forum, I see a dozen new members that have joined this past week alone. Not everyone posts. Some are just here to read. Some may feel just like you that the forum is lacking something. They might move on or they may understand that not everyone can be satisfied with every aspect of this place or any other pace for that matter.

Only speaking for myself, I think that overall, this is a pretty great place to talk and get updates on the world of Nascar. It's the first place I go to when I want to know what's going on. Familiarity of where to locate info on this forum is part of its appeal to me. Knowing that the first post in the pre-race thread always posts the schedule for the upcoming week makes it a 'goto thread' for me. Starting lineups, penalty info, practice info, etc..... it's all there. I like consistency but I realize that's just me. @Johali does an awesome job getting those started each week. @TexasRaceLady getting those race threads going give everyone a place to hash out the current race happenings. Whether it's @Johali's rate the race threads, @StandOnIt's Truck & Xfinity threads, @ToyYoda's, never ending struggle to pull numbers out of our rambling ratings each and every week or anyone else that I'm not mentioning, everyone makes this a great place to visit on a daily basis.

This place is like meeting up with a circle of friends discussing something that we all have in common. It's familiar, and it's small enough to give you a sense of getting to know members that post here. That's the kind of place that I was looking for when I found this place. That's what keeps me coming back.
Well said.

An example of what should merged. Jimmie Johnson getting new cc for 2019. Or chad Knaus out for 2019 that should be merged

An example of what should not be merged. Hms bring slow cars to Texas I don’t feel that should go into a race thread. It’s not really about the race it’s about the team. This is the point I want to make.

Agreed it’s a good place to hang out. If it wasn’t I would not be here. I have triggered at least 3 stories in nascar media by posts I have personally created here. This forum does get read Let’s make it better

those are two different subjects above. HMS can have slow cars or not depending on the track, this weekend chase contender had a slow car in practice, that should be noted in the racing thread, HMS fans should know that

those are two different subjects above. HMS can have slow cars or not depending on the track, this weekend chase contender had a slow car in practice, that should be noted in the racing thread, HMS fans should know that
Exactly. A discussion about all of a team's cars being slow everywhere every week may deserve its own thread. One driver being unusually slow this particular week belongs in that week's pre-race. It's something we didn't know until they unloaded, and may not be an issue again next week.

Back
Top Bottom