Top 10 Average Finishes (Career - active drivers) are as follows

Young Elliott might have a 1/2 dozen wins by now if he'd been a bit more aggressive, but I understand that in this day/age of young, polished drivers who don't want to ruffle any feathers, that's tough to do. Though I do see flashes of Blaney wanting to mix it up a bit :)

The days of Gordon, Stewart, etc. waltzing in and taking it by fighting tooth and nail are well behind us.

Young Elliott might have a 1/2 dozen wins by now if he'd been a bit more aggressive, but I understand that in this day/age of young, polished drivers who don't want to ruffle any feathers, that's tough to do. Though I do see flashes of Blaney wanting to mix it up a bit :)

The days of Gordon, Stewart, etc. waltzing in and taking it by fighting tooth and nail are well behind us.

Perhaps, but Gordon had better cars than Elliott has had so far, and he also had a guy on the pit box named Evernham. And, as I pointed out a few weeks ago, Gordon was a pit call and a flat tire away from possibly having no wins in his first two years too. My wife never fails to remind me that I told her I liked Gordon, but I wasn't sure he'd ever be a guy who would win very many races. Those first two years were kind of painful to watch sometimes, with all the wrecked cars.

Back
Top Bottom