Toyota/Save Mart 350 Monster Energy Cup Series Pre-Race thread

Turn 4 Jail

Interesting point by the Booth about how difficult Turn 4 will be with a group of cars going thru.

Last edited:
Practice #2 at the top Crashing Kyle Larson

upload_2019-6-21_18-6-43.png

Do JJ was 4th in the first practice then brings up the rear at HMS. Unreal. Qualifying should be fun tomorrow,I am looking forward to it.

Ready for conspiracy theory? Hamlin let him win. Felt bad after dive bombing Stewart on his farewell tour. Over drives turn 11 on purpose. Parting gift to former Gibbs teammate and mentor. HamBone takes the secret to his grave.
You do know that 'theory' was all over the 'net before Tony even got to the finish line, right? :rolleyes:

Ready for conspiracy theory? Hamlin let him win. Felt bad after dive bombing Stewart on his farewell tour. Over drives turn 11 on purpose. Parting gift to former Gibbs teammate and mentor. HamBone takes the secret to his grave.

I'm still 100% convinced Denny blew that corner on purpose, and nothing anyone says will ever change my mind

I'm still 100% convinced Denny blew that corner on purpose, and nothing anyone says will ever change my mind

I'm usually not one of those people but Denny choked that corner so hard its the seriously the only explanation practically lmao

Tide car is impossible to forget. Let's see DW take a farewell post-race lap.

Can't wait for this race! They're running the full course for the first time in about 20 years.

Did not know that - good stuff.

I'll be at Sonoma all weekend. Hope it isn't too hot, if it is I might sit in the grandstand Friday/Saturday

I’m in the Mother Lode and temps are trending a bit higher than forecast.

I’d bet low 90s. It could be a heck of a lot worse.

Find some shade and enjoy!

A typical research tour at the South Pole lasts months. Why would you insure your car with GEICO or anyone else when you won't be driving it?

The field will flip-flop all over the place. I expect pandemonium in like the first 5 laps or so.

Suarez is coming around now in the 41 as well, he's becoming more and more consistent starting up front and finishing there. Great sign for him.

Byron as well. A lot of good road racers, so it should be a fun one tomorrow.

Did not know that - good stuff.

I’m in the Mother Lode and temps are trending a bit higher than forecast.

I’d bet low 90s. It could be a heck of a lot worse.

Find some shade and enjoy!

I blame @Johali. :D

He came up to Chicagoland for the race last year and the temps were in the upper 90's the whole weekend.

This year his road trip is to Sonoma.

You think it's so freaking easy to turn perfect laps that if you make a mistake, it just has to be done on purpose? I promise you, it's not. Also, what possible motive does Hamlin have to throw the race? I mean, he's no favorite of mine, but as much as I dislike the guy, even I can't imagine him being that stupid. Sheesh.

Like most of the Nascar conspiracy theories bandied about on the internet, this one doesn't stand up to logic, IMO.

Denny choked and overdrove the corner because he was defensive and scared. It was Tony's last year so Denny knew (plus a driver he looked up to and learned from) he would do something.

^ Denny Hamlin has blown plenty of corners since that one. So has Tony Stewart. So has every cup driver, every F1 driver, and every MotoGP pilot as well. I don't know where people get the idea that driving a racecar on the absolute limit is like a machine punching out widgets or something. It's not like that at all.

I didn't say it is? Denny just blew the corner hard. Denny isn't exactly a closer.

I didn't say it is? Denny just blew the corner hard. Denny isn't exactly a closer.
I was agreeing with you... at least that was my intention. Sorry if I wrote it badly. Yes, Denny blew the corner. Yes, he has a history of folding under pressure. My comment was directed to the conspiracy theorists, not you.

Back
Top Bottom