Toyota/Save Mart 350 Monster Energy Cup Series Pre-Race thread

I was agreeing with you... at least that was my intention. Sorry if I wrote it badly. Yes, Denny blew the corner. Yes, he has a history of folding under pressure. My comment was directed to the conspiracy theorists, not you.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it was such a terrible corner... Lol. Maybe I should put my Denny bias aside.

You think it's so freaking easy to turn perfect laps that if you make a mistake, it just has to be done on purpose? I promise you, it's not. Also, what possible motive does Hamlin have to throw the race? I mean, he's no favorite of mine, but as much as I dislike the guy, even I can't imagine him being that stupid. Sheesh.

Like most of the Nascar conspiracy theories bandied about on the internet, this one doesn't stand up to logic, IMO.

Of course it's not easy. It very well could have been an accidental mistake.

When Hamlin roughed up Tony earlier in the lap, I had a feeling Denny might feel guilty about it (especially since it was Tony) and let up before the checkers to give Tony a shot to get by him. Sure enough, it happened.

I don't know of any driver that would give up a win, but in that situation, I think it's what happened. Denny is a horse of a different color. Nothing he says or does would ever surprise me.

Just my opinion, as silly as it may be. We will have to agree to disagree.

When Hamlin roughed up Tony earlier in the lap, I had a feeling Denny might feel guilty about it (especially since it was Tony) and let up before the checkers to give Tony a shot to get by him. Sure enough, it happened.

I don't know of any driver that would give up a win, but in that situation, I think it's what happened. Denny is a horse of a different color. Nothing he says or does would ever surprise me.

Under normal circumstances no driver is purposefully giving anything back. This wasn't that though.

Stewart in a winless final season leading on the final lap, and Denny had just dive bombed him for the win. Former teammate and mentor. Not wanting the heat and guilt that would come with that is the motive imo. If Bowyer can spin on demand, then HamBone can blow a corner on purpose. Not far fetched imo. Still possible it was legitimate, only Denny knows.

Tony Stewart blew turn 7, overcharging the approach, wheel hopping, and this allowed Hamlin to get by. Stewart is a three time champion, but we all accept that he can make a mistake at an inopportune time (leading the race, on the last lap).

Hamlin has a history of wilting when the pressure is on. But when he makes the exact same mistake at turn 11 that Tony did at turn 7, some people decide he is throwing the race. To me, that's completely bonkers.

Others think differently, and that's OK too. There's room for all opinions here.

Well I for one.....agree with you.

I agree with all points here but Tony is expected to blow the corners and not win that race, they didn't show a lot of speed up until that point. Meanwhile Hamlin was/is in the prime of his career and had a good car that day.

I'm ready to watch Larson put it in reverse and back up to 20th by the end of stage 1 and never recover, even though he has the fastest car for a lap. Happens every year here. He's decent at the Glen and was fast at the Roval, but that team just can't figure this place out.

Denny choked and overdrove the corner ...
I can accept that much quite easily.
... because he was defensive and scared. It was Tony's last year so Denny knew (plus a driver he looked up to and learned from) he would do something.
Yeah, it's your assumed motivations that lead to your theory falling apart. But let us know what school awarded your Masters in Sports Psychology and I'll withdraw the objection.

Yeah, it's your assumed motivations that lead to your theory falling apart. But let us know what school awarded your Masters in Sports Psychology and I'll withdraw the objection.

It's a racing discussion forum. We gonna talk about the stupid racing package some more?

I did some psychology in college. I'm not a professional psychologist like Hambone is a driver.

Unlike last time when they told Denny to let Stewart pass but make it look good, this time they told Denny to go ahead and wreck Elliott they needed the excitement.

Tough breaks for Suarez and Jones. Suarez was fast and Jones can't catch a break. Chastain is cleaning the watermelon off of the 50 thou

If that was the case, then why did Denny bother passing Tony to begin with? It would have been a lot easier to NOT catch him.

It's covered in Hamlin psychology 202, if he made the pass clean, he would have been fine with winning it. :)

Bought an expensive ticket in 9A and can't get a higher row. :rolleyes: There's no way in hell this is selling out..

The grid walk wouldn’t be as bad without the obnoxious repeating guitar riff

Back
Top Bottom