TRACTION COMPOUND!!!

Traction Compound at Race Tracks?

• Great Idea (if you mark this please explain why in the thread)

• Hell no - Everyone Race the track like it is when you show up to race!

Results are only viewable after voting.

sdj

Just a race fan
It is an absolute joke in the sport of auto racing. :mad:

Race the track like it is when you show up to race, no
Bull ****.gif
gimmicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm not against it's use in principal, but sometimes the execution seems to go haywire, like last night. If the compound needs to be run in before it is suitable to race on, then perhaps the tracks need to starting working it in BEFORE the race starts. I DO agree that a better long term solution in most cases would just be to fix the track instead of instant grip in a drum.

The track was repaved in 2017, and Goodyear in no way came to the party with their tire. No surprise there "durable" was a joke, nothing but fuel only stops for the most part. So ya have a hard rock tire, traction compound that didn't help much until late in the race, and new pavement. All in all considering, I have seen a hell of a lot worse races. How soon people forget the first race after the repave with one lane racing and hardly any passing.

I like on tracks when there is just one racing line. Adding the goop opens up another lane and adds to the competition. But I'm concerned about long term use and I agree with Formerjackman.

I voted NO. Are they racing on the wrong track or using the wrong cars?
If these are the type of fixes Nascar needs to overcome other wrong ideas
then maybe they should quite trying to "FIX" things and let the race teams
build the cars they need for what ever track they are at. If the racing is bad,
change the date that track gets a race and/or take away 1 race.
I guess that is hard to do when you own most of the tracks.

I saw some decent things at Bristol when they put it on the bottom groove. Overdid it at Texas, though. Maybe it was the cool weather.

I like the unpredictability of it. But it shouldn't be used if the expectation is that it is going to be good racing at that particular track. I think it was worth a shot Sunday.

When there is a launch competition in NASCAR, call the VHT people.

Otherwise, fix your ****.

Leave the track alone, raise the cars up off the pavement, get rid of the sideskirts and splitter and drop flag.....

Reactions: sdj
Obviously, the laws of physics do not apply to NASCAR.

Any amateur aerodynamicist will tell you that.

I voted great idea, good idea would have been the preferred answer.
The tires were just too hard. I applaud Nascar for trying.

I am tired of complaining about the low HP, and hard tires, but I do not think it can be fixed with band aids.
Race cars should not be able to run flat out 100% throttle for an entire lap.
Running through green pit cyles without changing the tires shouldn't be a real option. They should fall off enough to make short pitting tempting. Tire wear and management creates closing speeds and more passing lanes and a buffett of strategies or race management. It is a wonderful thing, and the best counter to aero issues and everyone seemingly running in unison.

I get tired of hearing myself complain, so I will stop at that and enjoy the good stuff. Nothing is perfect especially in a world that evolves as fast as racing.

Don't need track glue, get rid of the stones, tires should fall off 2 seconds by the end of the tire run.
Its up to the shoe if he wants to be quick at the beginning or end of the tire run.
Need more info? R Duvall explains how it works to T Cruise in Days of Thunder.

Back
Top Bottom