Truck RACE thread --- Darlington

1620442725046.png

That will happen every time she's top 15. Blown tire or not. Same story only the name has changed. Little boys can't take getting beat by a girl.
My daughter ran the 1600 in 7th grade for track, at one meet she was the only girl so she ran with the boys (10 boys) all starting the same time. By the third lap she was in front of 5 boys, never saw 3 boys sprint the last lap and a half so hard to beat her, the other two quit and grabbed their legs in “pain”
was funny to watch

Creed baby!!!! Somebody get this boy a sponsor and take a chance on him. He’s the real freaking deal
GMS asking price is pretty high for a truck team.

Trucks are grade A, but it comes at a heavy price. Something will eventually come for guys like him and Zane Smith.

My daughter ran the 1600 in 7th grade for track, at one meet she was the only girl so she ran with the boys (10 boys) all starting the same time. By the third lap she was in front of 5 boys, never saw 3 boys sprint the last lap and a half so hard to beat her, the other two quit and grabbed their legs in “pain”
was funny to watch
My first 10k ever, in college.

I was just doing my standard 5 mile run pace so I was way back in the pack. At about the halfway point I come up to a girl walking and I try to coax her into running again.

At first she gets mad and drops a few F bombs, but she starts running alongside me and we continue with me encouraging her at times, telling her ‘you can do it!’

She tells me she feels better and says stuff like ‘I can do it’. We settle down into a decent pace.

We make the final turn at Main St., lined with spectators, about 200 yds to the finish line and she....starts.....sprinting, takes off like a track star. I chuckle about telling her for the last couple miles that she still had plenty in the tank.

Some jackass in the crowd shouts ‘SHE’S BEATING YOU BUDDY!’ and the crowd picks up on it like it’s a grudge match. Me being a complete idiot, I take off to catch her.

She’s got a good 75’ lead on me and the crowd all of a sudden is cheering her on like it’s the Olympics.

With the crowd going nuts we are both going all-out. I catch her and pass her with about 20’ to go and there’s a huge sigh as the big man defeats the brave, heroic little lady.

I don’t even look at her, I’m too busy looking for an alley so I can get away and toss my cookies.

Only later does it occur to me that the women started ahead of the men.

Back
Top Bottom