Truck RACE thread --- Daytona

If they are gonna keep racing trucks at plate races they need to do more to keep them dirty side down.

Yeah, that's enough of that. I'll watch the next couple-three Truck races before I decide if I can live with the lousy green-to-yellow ratio.

Back when the Truck series first started, they had a scheduled 'half-time'. That didn't count as part of the race distance then. It shouldn't now.

G'night.

Get rid of the splitter and the skirts. Get these things up off the ground.

Or .. blame the wing.

10-10-10 for Crafton's flip

( Of course I am happy that he didnt get hurt)

Boy did he stick that landing or what!

I got what I wanted out of that race.
A lot of problem solving and survival
of the fittest along with the youngest
entry as the winner.

Looking forward to seeing them live
at Atlanta next Saturday.

Reactions: sdj
That dude is the best spotter in the game. ALWAYS calm, collected, provides great insight, etc.

D'hondt 2020!
He's been iffy on the plate tracks the last few years but overall I do like him. He can be difficult to understand on the scanner at times though.

Good race, segments weren't that bad and I really like the 5 minute repair rule. Truck races are fun and that Crafton flip was pretty cool.

Son and Father 4th and 5th!

My jaw is still hung open with this finish!

That was nerve wracking. Every truck looked to be on the verge of wrecking on every lap.

Screenshot_2017-02-24-22-54-02.png

Not sure which was better, the flip and perfect landing or the winner's burnout that made a nice '88' mark on the track - he should teach it to Junior.

Couple thoughts:

-What ever happened to that 'no bumping' rule?
-If we have segments... then don't have the following caution laps count. You made up the new stupid flag, make it mean something. They burned 12 laps tonight for absolutely no reason. ****.
-The way the points are divied out is cancer.
-10/10 on the backflip 540
-Glad no one died

A few things to take away from the stands first off 10 trucks DNS, 42 trucks attempted, the 5 minute rule prevented at least 3 more trucks from staying in it. The lack of fan enthusiasm for almost all drivers is apparent. Kaz was gifted the win. Fans seem to always want yellows when they go single file. For the 1st time in my experience The fan base has noticably become older and even more disgruntled.

Eddie Dhondt is 2-0 at DIS in 2017
He's the best spotter out there. I listen to him on the scanner every Cup and X race. After this grueling speedweeks he's going to need rejuvenation at a relaxing resort somewhere. :D

Good thing the trucks that couldn’t be repaired under the new rules weren’t in the mix.

Couldn’t been bad if they were.

I would be interested in hearing the 98 Grant Enfingers side of the last
lap wreck if anyone comes across his statement.

A few things to take away from the stands first off 10 trucks DNS, 42 trucks attempted, the 5 minute rule prevented at least 3 more trucks from staying in it. The lack of fan enthusiasm for almost all drivers is apparent. Kaz was gifted the win. Fans seem to always want yellows when they go single file. For the 1st time in my experience The fan base has noticably become older and even more disgruntled.
I didn't think it was possible for the fans to be more disgruntled. Wrong.

I thought we liked young guns. Wrong. I wonder if we'd be happier if there were some Cup stars in the race ... or would that be wrong?

If the fans aren't enthusiastic about these drivers, it must be wrong to think they wouldn't care if 3 of them didn't make the 5 minute clock.

10 trucks did not qualify. We like more entries than there are spots in the field, right? Or am I wrong? Again.

I didn't think it was possible for the fans to be more disgruntled. Wrong.

I thought we liked young guns. Wrong. I wonder if we'd be happier if there were some Cup stars in the race ... or would that be wrong?

If the fans aren't enthusiastic about these drivers, it must be wrong to think they wouldn't care if 3 of them didn't make the 5 minute clock.

10 trucks did not qualify. We like more entries than there are spots in the field, right? Or am I wrong? Again.

Some people can't see the forest through the trees.

Only one way to gain experience -- race. No amount of iracing could prepare someone for what we saw last night.

It was entertaining as hell and I guess I'll be the stand alone and say I enjoyed it. Segments were kinda annoying but better than a phantom debris caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom