Truck RACE thread --- Daytona

The adventures of Janet Guthrie yeah I have seen it before, I remember the Kelly Girl sponsor and her green car, at the time it was a secretarial job pool. She has an amazing story. One of the reason I was having a hard time with the talking heads when Danica showed up when they were saying she was the first this or that. Guthrie did more with less years before and IMO was a much better driver

9 survived :D

upload_2019-2-15_22-18-21.png

Damn right, and a damn good driver.

I have immense respect for Janet Guthrie, and the documentary shed some unknown light on Junior Johnson. He ordered his guys to set her car up for the 600. I wonder if he wanted to help her be competitive, or if he had concerns for her safety. Either way, hers is an American success story. She was a racer.

Hill is racing for the team that won the series last year. The only question mark was how good he is. Might get a rivalry between he and Moffitt. Moffitt drew a crap penalty he'll be back next week.
We'll see. Hill will be good, I think.

Makes a person wonder though, they are in the playoffs now, very small team working a whole lot of hours to stay competitive if they do let up a bit. Good story line to follow. Pretty amazing what a one truck team is doing after winning the championship last year.

I've seen drunk tourists wearing flammable beach clothing dance around much larger fires than that little flame. This is exactly why I don't follow the mob mentality.

Back
Top Bottom