Truck RACE thread --- Eldora

All these cautions remind me of the econo-bombers at my local dirt track.
It can take a while to get through their 15 lap feature.
When I raced bombers years ago, they didn't have cautions. Just red flags if the track was clogged.

If they made it to where you could only pit at the end of the stages this wouldn't be so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a severely wounded truck, Bell is doing an incredible job.

Friesen had the best truck after about 15 laps. Crafton had short run speed. I saw it coming because we know there's rarely a NASCAR race anymore where it goes green for a while to the end.

My opinion...Not crazy about this. The Prelude was way more fun. At least the cars were built for this. Are the drivers that inept or is it the trucks not able to work well in dirt?

I wish there were room for a Prelude-style exhibition with real dirt cars and an official truck race. But yes, the trucks are way too heavy and don't have the right kind of suspensions for proper dirt racing. However, NASCAR stock cars aren't designed for road courses either, and they can put on a great show on those. I wish perhaps there could be two dirt shows on the schedule with a more specific package.

That still was fun, good entertainment. Especially the dirt first timers.

Friesen had the best truck after about 15 laps. Crafton had short run speed. I saw it coming because we know there's rarely a NASCAR race anymore where it goes green for a while to the end.
Friesen had his hands full with Briscoe, didn't get to do his jump out for the start, Crafton schooled him and drove away. I never thought I would see that. Crafton always bad mouthed the dirt, both he and 23rd place Sauter.

Friesen had his hands full with Briscoe, didn't get to do his jump out for the start, Crafton schooled him and drove away. I never thought I would see that. Crafton always bad mouthed the dirt, both he and 23rd place Sauter.
Crafton races on dirt now im his free-time.

a11d8704433a927a65d16c891510cb18.jpg
7f95ca921a58790e06ba59e7aeb55c76.jpg

So that was a pretty damn good race. Sure, too many cautions through the first two-thirds, but the last segment was a dandy.

I don't know what some people expect, most of those drivers haven't raced on dirt, and I think a beat up 4 banger mini stock would be easier to drive than a truck. I could tell the tire made a difference, a whole lot less banging down the wall this year.

“Second sucks”: Stewart Friesen reflects on solid Eldora Speedway run

Canadian Stewart Friesen wins pole, leads the most laps and finishes second to two-time NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion Matt Crafton in Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway.

“The top groove came in late in the race and Matt was able to take advantage of that on the final restart and with that groove cleaned up he was able to use that and get a great run on me and take the lead,” said Friesen. “Second-place sucks but I’m proud of our performance yesterday as a team.”
While Friesen might have surprised some fans with his strong run at Eldora, his execution came as no surprise to his followers from southern Ontario, Canada and upstate New York where he’s been racing for years.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-truck/news/nascar-trucks-eldora-stewart-friesen-933121/

Definitely not one of the ride buying rich kids, not saying that's a bad thing.
Chase Briscoe

"When I was racing dirt we only had one engine and we couldn’t afford to mess it up at Eldora, as big and fast as it is,” added Briscoe. “So I’ve never got to race on the track until this week.”

Despite his grandfather Richard being a well-respected car owner for such dirt racing legends as Dave Blaney, the late Rich Vogler and his dad, Kevin, who’s a five-time track champion himself as a driver, the road to driving for Chase wasn’t always assumed.

“My dad never wanted me to race,” said the youngest Briscoe. “It all changed when he talked to a woman who asked if he was going to let me race someday.”

The woman mentioned to his dad that her son raced and he wrote a paper on his experiences for a high school class project and the teacher gave him an ‘F’ for his report. His mother went to the principal of the school and asked him to give her a grade on that paper. The principal said it was at least a ‘B’ level paper and they later found out the teacher’s son had recently gotten a DWI. So the woman explained to the teacher and Briscoe’s dad that she let her son race because she always knew where he was and what he was doing. That story changed Kevin’s mind about Chase. “From that moment on, he decided to let me race, and here were are today,” said Briscoe. “To this day, I’ve never drank alcohol or tried drugs and racing helped me stay focused on reaching my goals and staying away from those temptations.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-truck/news/brad-keselowski-trucks-chase-briscoe-932532/

Back
Top Bottom