Truck RACE thread --- Homestead

When you like Crafton, but don’t know if you should like this or not
giphy.gif

whew Friesen blew it badly, lost the manufacturers championship probably in addition to the title.

upload_2019-11-15_22-26-51.png

Crafton isn’t going to get to 4 even though I would like that. Outside of today, he hasn’t been a top contender the past 3 years

glad the net wasn't around when Kenseth won his title.

It was. In 2003, Kenseth did at least have the most top 5s, the most top 10s, and the best average finish in the series. The solution was simple: award far more points to race winners and high finishers generally. Instead they've spent close to two decades now trying to figure out how to morph into stick and ball. I would think you more than anyone would be against that.

It was. In 2003, Kenseth did at least have the most top 5s, the most top 10s, and the best average finish in the series. The solution was simple: award far more points to race winners and high finishers generally. Instead they've spent close to two decades now trying to figure out how to morph into stick and ball. I would think you more than anyone would be against that.

Agreed. Matt also won 2 races.

So well said. Bravo. He was the best driver that year on the best team, he was ultra consistent over a FULL season, just unbeatable with that Roush power and bullet proof with Roush reliability. Almost 20 years of gimmick points systems, and driving away how many fans in that time span when the simple answer was to award more points for a race win. A playoff system that crowns a champion without wins....racing isn’t a stick and ball sport. Never was meant to be, if that’s the case the Cincy Bengals who are winless in 2019 have a great shot at winning the Super Bowl.

Kenseth only won one race in '03(Las Veges), but he was the most consistent driver that season which is what mattered under the old point season and the first few versions of the chase.

Yeah that's right, my bad.

Keep the stages, ditch the playoffs.

Crafton had been then most consistent driver in the field this year to be honest, he just never won. Second most top 10s behind Chastain with 18.

Its almost like Austin Dillon with his 2012 N'Wide championship. Nickel and dime all the way to a championship.

Crafton had been then most consistent driver in the field this year to be honest, he just never won.

Its almost like Austin Dillon with his 2012 N'Wide championship. Nickel and dime all the way to a championship.

I'm not sure about that. Enfinger won the regular season.

I'm not sure about that. Enfinger won the regular season.
I don't even know how at this point. Crafton's problem was that Enfinger did have more top 5s, its probably was the major difference. Yet, Crafton did not finish outside of the top 15 during the "regular season".

I don't even know how at this point. Crafton's problem was that Enfinger did have more top 5s, its probably was the major difference. Yet, Crafton did not finish outside of the top 15 during the "regular season".

Crafton was consistent as hell. I'll give him credit for that, but even Enfinger was better over the long haul.

Back
Top Bottom