Truck RACE thread --- IRP

Majeski got the win he already would've deserved last week. He should definitely be the favorite to win the championship right now, Zane doesn't look quite as strong as last year.

Surprisingly another fairly disciplined truck race except for a few Incidents involving the usual suspects.

Some great runs for some of the young guys, Riggs should get more opportunities at this level and Sawalich will be one to watch in the coming years.

Yeah. I mean, I'm all in on Shane. But he isn't close.

He specifically mentioned that at the start of the race he was using the brake to slow the truck down to turn and eventually learned to use the the brake to help the balance of the truck on corner entry. In other word, he was far too slow on corny entry and didn't realize until later he could be more agressive with hand and feet on corner entry..

Great learn for him. But he clearly isn't ready to run a cup race on an oval, good call by Marks.

I thought it would be a good idea to throw him into cup, but I don't think he's quite got the muscle memory yet..

If he were to run that truck full time the rest of the year (impossible, I know) he'd be cranking out too 10s by the last few races imo. He has the talent and the understanding of racecraft, just needs more reps.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SVG's worst enemy is his fanbase right now. After Chicago, there were people who were convinced he could move up to Cup the next day and be a contender. You had people citing ridiculous things like his iRacing rating to back up that point. It was frankly absurd.

Despite hating his fans, I like SVG, I think he has a great attitude and it's great that he isn't letting the hype go to his head. He's a phenomenal race car driver and I think he'll mature into a good oval racer if he keeps at it but he's nowhere near contending for wins. Marks and SVG know this and have worked accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom