Truck RACE thread --- IRP

Majeski smoked em

1691809669201.png

Yeah. I mean, I'm all in on Shane. But he isn't close.

He specifically mentioned that at the start of the race he was using the brake to slow the truck down to turn and eventually learned to use the the brake to help the balance of the truck on corner entry. In other word, he was far too slow on corny entry and didn't realize until later he could be more agressive with hand and feet on corner entry..

Great learn for him. But he clearly isn't ready to run a cup race on an oval, good call by Marks.

I thought it would be a good idea to throw him into cup, but I don't think he's quite got the muscle memory yet..

If he were to run that truck full time the rest of the year (impossible, I know) he'd be cranking out too 10s by the last few races imo. He has the talent and the understanding of racecraft, just needs more reps.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah. I mean, I'm all in on Shane. But he isn't close.

He specifically mentioned that at the start of the race he was using the brake to slow the truck down to turn and eventually learned to use the the brake to help the balance of the truck on corner entry. In other word, he was far too slow on corny entry and didn't realize until later he could be more agressive with hand and feet on corner entry..

Great learn for him. But he clearly isn't ready to run a cup race on an oval, good call by Marks.

I thought it would be a good idea to throw him into cup, but I don't think he's quite got the muscle memory yet..

If he were to run that truck full time the rest of the year (impossible, I know) he'd be cranking out too 10s by the last few races imo. He has the talent and the understanding of racecraft, just needs more reps.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
There is a element that Chicago at the time was a one off so he could full send and go for the win compared to tonight which is more developmental where he wants to show he gets laps in and shows on a oval he can keep the car clean.

However at the same time you're right that he looked incredibly nervous out there and was not getting the most out of the car at times, in particular his qualifying run I thought he left a lot on the table. SVG has loads of potential and I think he can be good on ovals but he needs to develop which is why it's smart Marks has him on the ABC program of sorts like Penske did with Newman

Back
Top Bottom