Truck RACE thread --- Las Vegas

Honestly I have gotten to the point that I don't even watch the truck races the Busch runs anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

whoo hooo! A major League driver from the Cup series is beating up on a bunch of teens and twenty somethings!!!!! Go Kyle and your ego!!!!!
Where were you when 53 year old Hornaday was beating the kids?
It’s easy to cry about the competition when you’re getting beat.

Not remotely close to the same thing. Hornaday won with superior skills and equal equipment. Busch wins with superior equipment, unlimited support from Toyota. And when Hornaday was winning he was winning against better skilled drivers. Not a field full of 18- 22 year olds. Busch makes the truck races a joke. Why would the average fan tune in to see a foregone conclusion?

"But but but Ron Hornaday!!!!" lolololololol you KB fans are so funny with these lame rationalizations.

Not remotely close to the same thing. Hornaday won with superior skills and equal equipment. Busch wins with superior equipment, unlimited support from Toyota. And when Hornaday was winning he was winning against better skilled drivers. Not a field full of 18- 22 year olds. Busch makes the truck races a joke. Why would the average fan tune in to see a foregone conclusion?

Exactly.

Logic is usually lost on KB fans. Their heads are buried pretty deep.

"But but but Ron Hornaday!!!!" lolololololol you KB fans are so funny with these lame rationalizations.

Exactly.

Logic is usually lost on KB fans. Their heads are buried pretty deep.

Yep. When Kyle is matched up on Sunday with equals, he's not as dominant. He's one of the best, but he seldom dominates the way he does against inferior talent and equipment.

Yep. When Kyle is matched up on Sunday with equals, he's not as dominant. He's one of the best, but he seldom dominates the way he does against inferior talent and equipment.

KB fans are constantly comparing him to less accomplished drivers in a rush to come to his defense. The guy has 500 Cup starts, 50 Cup wins, and a Cup title. But they still compare him to lesser drivers all the time. Maybe they should hold him to a higher standard. :idunno:

A win is a win.
Yep, if Nolan Ryan un his prime threw a no hitter against a college team, I'm sure he would have jumped up and down and celebrated big time. Oh wait, Nolan Ryans' Hall of Fame credentials were earned on major league fields against major league competition. Kyles' wins against small teams and inferior talent are laughable. Diminishes his legacy in my opinion.

Yep, if Nolan Ryan un his prime threw a no hitter against a college team, I'm sure he would have jumped up and down and celebrated big time. Oh wait, Nolan Ryans' Hall of Fame credentials were earned on major league fields against major league competition. Kyles' wins against small teams and inferior talent are laughable. Diminishes his legacy in my opinion.
You’re obviously entitled to your opinion.
A win is a win. :)

You’re obviously entitled to your opinion.
A win is a win. :)
And you're certainly entitled to yours. Doesn't mean I have to respect it. I don't. Winning against inferior competition is nothing to crow about. On Sunday when the best of the best shows up, he wins about 10% of the time. Which is very good. Being dominant on lesser competition says a lot about his personality. Think Mike Tyson in is prime fighting a light weight. I guess that would be a win, and a win is a win. Yeah, right.

And you're certainly entitled to yours. Doesn't mean I have to respect it. I don't. Winning against inferior competition is nothing to crow about. On Sunday when the best of the best shows up, he wins about 10% of the time. Which is very good. Being dominant on lesser competition says a lot about his personality. Think Mike Tyson in is prime fighting a light weight. I guess that would be a win, and a win is a win. Yeah, right.
He’s 2nd in Cup wins for current active drivers and 11th all-time. I’m ok with that.

Yep, the next guy up has seven Cup titles, to Kyles' one. Maybe if Kyle didn't need to feed his ego beating up on smaller teams, and focused more on the Cup level, he might have more than one title that should have an asterisk beside it. And maybe a Daytona 500 win also.

Yep, the next guy up has seven Cup titles, to Kyles' one. Maybe if Kyle didn't need to feed his ego beating up on smaller teams, and focused more on the Cup level, he might have more than one title that should have an asterisk beside it. And maybe a Daytona 500 win also.
Maybe.

Mark Martin focused a lot on Busch Grand National racing. He won a ton of BGN races, no Daytona 500s, and no Cup titles. I like Mark Martin just fine. Looking back I wonder if he wonders?

Mark Martin focused a lot on Busch Grand National racing. He won a ton of BGN races, no Daytona 500s, and no Cup titles. I like Mark Martin just fine. Looking back I wonder if he wonders?
I wonder if you wonder more than he wonders....

We get it, people hate Kyle Busch. Us fans of his are going to pull for him regardless of where he races because he’s our driver. I like guys who love to race as much as they can.

We get it, people hate Kyle Busch. Us fans of his are going to pull for him regardless of where he races because he’s our driver. I like guys who love to race as much as they can.
I don't hate him at all. Never met the guy.

I like guys who love to race as much as they can.
I agree with this part. I'm no fan of KDB, quite the opposite, but I do agree with this part. Guys like Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell get a lot of love in social media because they race as much as they possibly can... and Kyle Busch gets a lot of hate for the same thing. I think that's unfortunate. I have plenty of other reasons to dislike KDB... I don't need to criticize him for loving to race.

Back
Top Bottom