Truck RACE thread --- Las Vegas

whew, so far so good...hopefully no one does anything stupid racing for 8th place. i want to see this play out...

1615004767826.png

That's a confidence builder for JHN
Especially holding off Kyle in the trucks at the end. It's been quite a while since anyone has done that. Even when Chase won the bounty last year, Kyle had a lot of problems in the race that allowed it to happen. And at Kyle's home track.

Also Nemechek to me has always seemed like he has the potential to be great, he just needs to learn to stop overdriving his equipment and take care of it. Some of that falls back to the quality of what he had (for example in the Xfinity series). He usually either crashed or outperformed it. Being with TRD and especially with Kyle as a mentor could help him do just that. Kyle had a lot of similar issues himself back in the day.

Last edited:
Kyle seemed genuinely happy about the outcome.
Austin Dillon looks like a fool with his tie slung around his neck.

JHN time and time again, just give him the equipment and he can make it happen.

Did it for his Dad's team and did it for Ganassi in Xfinity with limited races. It's never been a question of JHN's talent level, it's just getting the right people behind him with capable equipment. GMS wasn't the answer, nor was Front Row in Cup, but man tonight he was about as flawless as I ever seen him.

If he continues to mature like he is, he will pose a problem in the future.

JHN Baby!!! He’s gonna win a LOT of races this year. KBM equipment wasn’t the problem, they just needed another stud behind the wheel

JHN is a super-talent. IMO, he's better than all of the new Cup young guns except Bell and maybe Briscoe. When he doesn't wreck that is.

I kinda hope John Hunter beats Kyle just for the salty post race interview lmao

“what happened Kyle?”

“Truck was junk.”

“Are you at least happy your team truck won?”

“Oh I’m ecstatic.”
Pretty much nailed it.

“Kyle can you take me through your spin?”

NOPE

“I’m sorry?”

NOPE

“You’re not gonna explain what happened?”

NOPE

I am glad somebody like Bob is at least calling out the fake cautions. I wouldn't expect any less from KDB or a few others who race in the series. Pulling that in a Truck race?

JHN time and time again, just give him the equipment and he can make it happen.

Did it for his Dad's team and did it for Ganassi in Xfinity with limited races. It's never been a question of JHN's talent level, it's just getting the right people behind him with capable equipment. GMS wasn't the answer, nor was Front Row in Cup, but man tonight he was about as flawless as I ever seen him.

If he continues to mature like he is, he will pose a problem in the future.
This is a testament to the equipment KBM produces.

KDB saves it on the banks doing 150 or more, keeps it off the wall, but when he is close to pit road speed on a flat surface he looses it. Watching the replay you can see him jerk the wheel to the left. Of course it wasn't his fault so he screams at the team for the way they put the fenders on. It's no wonder he lost two crew chiefs to other teams.

This is a testament to the equipment KBM produces.
Still have to have the driver behind the wheel to do it.

JHN has been at it since he was 16 at this level, he's been around the block some. Kyle did the right thing, instead of Toyota moving their drivers to KBM. Kyle hired from the outside and brought in a great choice in JHN because he's won at the level already.

Expereince at this age makes JHN more valuable than ever.

That’s my guy. I’m proud of JHN. He’s come a long way since Mosport in 2016. Kid is a future champion if he gets the right stuff under him.

He’s proving it right now with KBM. Should’ve been obvious when he was 18 and driving the wheels off of Daddy Joe’s trucks. The kid is a talent. Now with a few years under his belt, and the speed to match, he’s gonna start racking up wins.

Didn’t get to watch till this morning.

Very happy for JHN.

Good job in final laps.

Back
Top Bottom