Truex to hit the booth in 2022???

There is an irony present that I've witnessed on other small message boards. Posters who would benefit the forum by starting more threads generally don't out of a sense of modesty. This leaves the task to a few overly eager posters who operate without a filter. The latter end up being necessary, because otherwise conversation stagnates and slows to a crawl.

Last edited:
There is an irony present that I've witnessed on other small message boards. Posters who would benefit the forum by starting more threads generally don't out of a sense of modesty. This leaves the task to a few overly eager posters who operate without a filter. The latter end up being necessary, because otherwise conversation stagnates and slows to a crawl.
This board seems to have a particular negative reaction to new topics that I don't really understand. Not everyone follows all the legacy threads which means many of us miss current news if it doesn't get a new thread.

100%. I generally dislike starting new threads on any platform because it tends to turn into a mess and I don't want it coming back on me

Why do you always pick on df? It's not hard to remain silent of you have nothing nice to say.
This board seems to have a particular negative reaction to new topics that I don't really understand. Not everyone follows all the legacy threads which means many of us miss current news if it doesn't get a new thread.
This board has a negative reaction to posts with incorrect subject lines that aren't supported by the linked articles in any way. That reaction is the same regardless of who starts the discussion.

I always try to read the article of what I am posting, I dont its too much to ask for others to try and do that to keep our board clean from clickbait articles.
I've been fooled a time or two by fake twitter posts. We all make mistakes, and it doesn't look like click bait articles are going away anytime soon, just more sneaky/slimy. Conspiracy theories on top of conspiracy theories these days. Posters around here IMO do a great job of posting good stuff and for a bunch of different personalities and ages, I think we get along pretty well and that is what makes this place so interesting to me. I think 4 or 5 countries from around the world post here. Pretty awesome.

Not super happy about he optics of all of this. Next Gen signals a new direction for the sport. The potential of losing a driver(s) over this isn't a positive narrative. How about just keeping this to oneself?
Truex is one of the few guys that's been able to test the car, so if he has skepticism of what the racing is going to be like in it then I say good for him to put that out there. I don't want the drivers to be yes men like 100% of the media is, tell us your honest thoughts and if you don't like something NASCAR is doing then hell yeah let us know.

Truex is one of the few guys that's been able to test the car, so if he has skepticism of what the racing is going to be like in it then I say good for him to put that out there. I don't want the drivers to be yes men like 100% of the media is, tell us your honest thoughts and if you don't like something NASCAR is doing then hell yeah let us know.
I posted that I thought the tests should all be open, and one member said that it would be unfair to open everything up to a car under development. Apologies to the poster because I can't remember who mentioned that (@cheesepuffs ?), but what are your thoughts in this context. I ask that honestly without snark....Frankly, I see no benefit in negative driver comments about the series--and yeah, that goes for KFB--when it comes to rules packages, new cars, tracks, etc. I mean, it costs a ton to go to the races for some of us. Who wants to be there when the participants don't even want to be there?

I posted that I thought the tests should all be open, and one member said that it would be unfair to open everything up to a car under development. Apologies to the poster because I can't remember who mentioned that (@cheesepuffs ?), but what are your thoughts in this context. I ask that honestly without snark....Frankly, I see no benefit in negative driver comments about the series--and yeah, that goes for KFB--when it comes to rules packages, new cars, tracks, etc. I mean, it costs a ton to go to the races for some of us. Who wants to be there when the participants don't even want to be there?
Truex wasnt complaining about the car. He was simply saying if it wasnt fun he could do something else.

Truex used to be the big I am when he was racing for Barney. Nobody in the wings threatening him for his job. He's in a different place, over 40, probably has been good with his money and is in a position where he can say take this job and shove it and move on if he wants to.

Truex used to be the big I am when he was racing for Barney. Nobody in the wings threatening him for his job. He's in a different place, over 40, probably has been good with his money and is in a position where he can say take this job and shove it and move on if he wants to.
I can't see him in a booth when he walks away either. He'll just hit the woods hunting and fishing and be perfectly content.

Truex wasnt complaining about the car. He was simply saying if it wasnt fun he could do something else.
Yeah, but his comment coincides with the intro to the new car, and contextually, I think it is reasonable to infer that this is what he is talking about.

I can't see him in a booth when he walks away either. He'll just hit the woods hunting and fishing and be perfectly content.
He has too much self-respect to go into the booth.

Per the article which started the thread...

"According to the 41-year-old, his decision on whether or not he continues racing beyond next season all comes down to the Next Gen car, which debuts in 2022."

Frankly, I will go with what you are saying. I would hope that Martin stays around for awhile.

Per the article which started the thread...

"According to the 41-year-old, his decision on whether or not he continues racing beyond next season all comes down to the Next Gen car, which debuts in 2022."

Frankly, I will go with what you are saying. I would hope that Martin stays around for awhile.
If Martin quits because of the car, you and me hot passes for the Southern 500 in 2023.

If Martin quits because of the car, you and me hot passes for the Southern 500 in 2023.
Sir...and I mean this sincerely....I would give just about anything to enjoy a Hot Pass with you. You know one hell of a lot about this sport, and to have somebody with your knowledge base explain to me what I would be looking at would be a dream come true. While TRD and Toyota obsessed, I think you would enjoy my passion and respect for this sport. Much respect to you.

Sir...and I mean this sincerely....I would give just about anything to enjoy a Hot Pass with you. You know one hell of a lot about this sport, and to have somebody with your knowledge base explain to me what I would be looking at would be a dream come true. While TRD and Toyota obsessed, I think you would enjoy my passion and respect for this sport. Much respect to you.
I'd love to have you as a guest. I appreciate your passion. We need more like you

Back
Top Bottom