TV Shows

Tennessee Racing

Formerly Stewart Fan
I thought we could maybe use a thread where you can post about whatever TV show you want. It can be any current or past show whatever you want.

It's that time of year where I hope you aren't fans of these shows. They've all been killed this weekend.

Go On was just cancelled by NBC. I guess people aren't fond of Matthew Perry outside of Friends because this is his third show cancelled since then.

Rock Center with Brian Williams
CSI NY(CBS) Only one CSI left now.
Vegas(CBS)
Rules of Engagement(CBS)
Golden Boy(CBS)
Up All Night(NBC)
Southland(TNT)

I have mixed feelings about "Once Upon A Time" likely being renewed by ABC. The first season was awesome but the show has completely jumped the shark in the second season. There's way too much going on at one time.

I have mixed feelings about "Once Upon A Time" likely being renewed by ABC. The first season was awesome but the show has completely jumped the shark in the second season. There's way too much going on at one time.

I don't know if you ever saw Heroes but they had the same problem. First season was great but it was terrible from season two on....

I don't know if you ever saw Heroes but they had the same problem. First season was great but it was terrible from season two on....

Haven't seen it but it's on Netflix. True Blood has the same problem now. The first three seasons were awesome, the fourth season started to jump the shark and the fifth season was just downright awful.

If HBO ruins The Newsroom this upcoming season, I'm gonna be pissed.

You can add Happy Endings, Body Of Proof and Malibu Country (all ABC) to the list of shows no longer with us.

Community has been renewed for those of you who like it.

With The Office ending shortly, there will soon be no shows worth watching for me on NBC.

With The Office ending shortly, there will soon be no shows worth watching for me on NBC.

I would strongly advise you not to watch any new NBC programing. Almost every single new show they get is canceled year after year. NBC is now the 5th most watched channel in the country behind Univison (spanish speaking channel) now.

The only shows I watch that are being cancelled, as far as I know, are Red Widow and Go On. Red Widow is pretty good, but I just couldn't see it lasting. There was really nowhere for the story to go.

Now Go On, is an excellent show. Not too much on tv makes me laugh any more, but Go On and Last Man Standing do.

I would strongly advise you not to watch any new NBC programing. Almost every single new show they get is canceled year after year. NBC is now the 5th most watched channel in the country behind Univison (spanish speaking channel) now.
Holy cow. That's pretty wild.

Most of what I watch now is on CBS or Showtime.

I love Community, and am happy (but really suprised) that it got renewed. Sad to see the Office end, but its gone wayyyyyyyy down hill the last couple years. There have been a couple episodes this year that have been almost unwatchable.

I started watching Hannibal a couple weeks ago, but need to go back and watch it from the start.

Sooo ready for Breaking Bad to start up again.

Well, they finally made sense of Once Upon A Time in the season finale. I'm glad they did tie everything together otherwise I would've given up on it.

Sarah Michelle Gellar is back:cool:

Just hope this time goes better than the last. I'm willing to forget that Ringer happened.

I love Community, and am happy (but really suprised) that it got renewed. Sad to see the Office end, but its gone wayyyyyyyy down hill the last couple years. There have been a couple episodes this year that have been almost unwatchable.
Spot-on, but they sure did put on a memorable finale.

My fiancée watches a bunch of shows. Me; not so much. I like any type of auto racing except open wheel, NCIS, The Following, Walking Dead, Dateline...

I find that holds true for a lot of good shows. They keep them going for too long...I didn't really think about it until I got into Japanese animation way back in my high school days.

Basically most of the animation out of Japan will run for 24-26 episodes and maybe get a couple of hour long movies to wrap up/extend on the story at a later time. They develop the story and wrap it up in the last few episodes or so, usually with a great ending.

Compare that to most TV shows and cartoons over here where they just keep them going forever and eventually run out of things to do. Eventually they'll throw together an ending when it's obvious they won't get renewed for another season or actors start dropping out.

I don't even watch much anime anymore and I'll be the first to tell you they have a few shows that go on for far too long because they're massively popular. But for the most part I think the Japanese get it right. Give me a 24 episode series with a great ending over someone that ran for 8 seasons and went no where any day.

This year's seaso finale's have been pretty bad so far, with very few expections. I dvr everything, so I haven't seen the finale of Criminal Minds (my favorite show), Hawaii 5-0, Good Wife or Red Widow.

The only finale I was happy with, so far, was Elementary. I didn't see the Irene being Moriarity thing coming at all. I liked Holmes naming a new species after Joan Watson, but the biggest thing I liked is that they tied up story lines instead of leaving everything up in the air for the summer. These other shows don't resolve anything until the Fall, when you don't even care anymore. NCIS:Los Angeles was the worst so far. The only thing I liked is that Deeks finally laid a big wet one on Kensi. But, that was the only redeeming quality for the entire episode.

Criminal Minds finale was pretty entertaining.

I saw a preview for a summer ABC show during the IndyCar race today that I may check out, Whodunnit? Looks interesting. I also can't wait for the final season of Dexter to kick off later this month.

Criminal Minds finale was pretty entertaining.

I saw a preview for a summer ABC show during the IndyCar race today that I may check out, Whodunnit? Looks interesting. I also can't wait for the final season of Dexter to kick off later this month.
Yeah, it was. I finally watched it last night. Apparently we had some weather interference right as Rossi and the Replicator were facing off. It came back as they were all sitting at the table mourning Strauss. I have to find it online. I'm pretty sure it is on CBS.com or somewhere.

So, I've finally went back and watched all of Lost over the past few months. Man, that show was one big confusing mess after season two.

Reactions: Pat
It's hard for me to keep an interest in a weekly show. I only find a few shows interesting.

I felt the same and now that both Scrubs and The Office have ended in the last few years I don't have much left to watch. Dexter ends this summer so that leaves me with about one that I really follow. Thank God for sports.

NBC Primetime is such a disaster these days. I still can't believe Jeff Zucker got a job at CNN after destroying NBC.
Late night isn't any better over there. Leno and Fallon are the two least funny guys out of all the late night shows, IMO. I still don't like how they screwed over Conan a few years ago, better watch your back Jimmy Fallon: if the 60-somethings (Leno's main demographic) turn on you the way they did on Conan, I'm sure Jay would be more than happy to usurp you in a similar manner.

Late night isn't any better over there. Leno and Fallon are the two least funny guys out of all the late night shows, IMO. I still don't like how they screwed over Conan a few years ago, better watch your back Jimmy Fallon: if the 60-somethings (Leno's main demographic) turn on you the way they did on Conan, I'm sure Jay would be more than happy to usurp you in a similar manner.
I'm not quite 60 yet, not even 50, but Conan just plain sucks. He is really hard to look at and he is the opposite of funny.

I'm not quite 60 yet, not even 50, but Conan just plain sucks. He is really hard to look at and he is the opposite of funny.

Conan is my co favorite along with Craig Fergueson. I like Craig because he's just himself and doesn't seem to care what people think.

Conan is my co favorite along with Craig Fergueson. I like Craig because he's just himself and doesn't seem to care what people think.
Those are my two favorites as well. Their goofiness rubs some people the wrong way, but it's much better than the canned topical jokes from Leno and Letterman, IMO.

Craig Fergueson. I like Craig because he's just himself and doesn't seem to care what people think.

I think Ferguson is hilarious. What makes Fallon "bearable" is he does a good impersonation of Carson, and some of his mannerisms can be spot on.

And let me get this straight..they cancelled Southland?

Back
Top Bottom