Ty Gibbs Appreciation Thread

That was very impressive , well done indeed.

Yeah he did really good but before we put the cart before the horse just remember all other Toyota drivers finished in the top 10 and he was the lowest finishing Toyota driver.

Yeah he did really good but before we put the cart before the horse just remember all other Toyota drivers finished in the top 10 and he was the lowest finishing Toyota driver.
Those Toyota drivers are the best racers in the business....

If thats how you feel I'm just saying before we make him the next champion just compare him to everyone else that was in the same equipment

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

yeah 3 wins in cup since 2007, phenomenal :dunce:
What do you mean? Toyota has won more than 3 races just this year...
I'll throw this out there for you, so you can prove whatever it is you're spewing.Stop preaching to others.. Back it up or shut it up...
Screenshot_20220724-204135_Samsung Internet.jpg

The last two champions are out of Chevy, so I wouldn't check that box yet.

I do think Ty is the future though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The last two champions are out of Chevy, so I wouldn't check that box yet.

I do think Ty is the future though.

I was referring to the post about today's finish wi_racefan alluded to, not Championships..
The Gibbs driver was impressive today.. I have absolutely no clue what Standonit was trying to convey...

I was referring to the post about today's finish wi_racefan alluded to, not Championships..
The Gibbs driver was impressive today.. I have absolutely no clue what Standonit was trying to convey...
I forgot. You have to spell it out to a toyota fan. Three wins since 2007 should have been obvious that I was talking about championships.

I forgot. You have to spell it out to a toyota fan. Three wins since 2007 should have been obvious that I was talking about championships.
Even still, 3/15 championships isn't so bad. Chevy has 10/15, Ford has 1 and dodge has 1.

now that Ty Gibbs hasn't been racing like a complete ass clown the last several races or so, I've really enjoyed him and yes even appreciated him and his talent. His battle with that tool Noah at Pocono was hard fought, but most important.... clean and he settled for 2nd. I loved it.

Nice to see him make his Cup debut, sorry it had to be at Kurt's expense.

now that Ty Gibbs hasn't been racing like a complete ass clown the last several races or so, I've really enjoyed him and yes even appreciated him and his talent. His battle with that tool Noah at Pocono was hard fought, but most important.... clean and he settled for 2nd. I loved it.

Nice to see him make his Cup debut, sorry it had to be at Kurt's expense.
The kid is an incredible talent. The real deal. And I agree, it was nice to see him race clean and settle for 2nd. I think he's starting to mature a lot. The last two seasons the buzz around him is that he might be the most disliked person in the garage. Teammates, crew, competitors, you name it. He's certainly turned many fans against him, too. But there's been much less buzz like that around him this season. Let's just say I don't remember the last time I heard "yeah, &%$# that kid" when his name has come up, so that's a good thing. He's probably surrounded himself with some good people in his ear, and has worked harder on that. People are capable of change, especially kids.

@Allenbaba we want to know if Kyle Busch is going to a Ford team pretty please
If you gave me a pile of money to bet on where he lands next season, I would place it on "not in Cup." Maybe my bet is different tomorrow. Things tend to change quickly. And many decisions that don't make sense are made daily. But that's where I'd place it today.

If you gave me a pile of money to bet on where he lands next season, I would place it on "not in Cup." Maybe my bet is different tomorrow. Things tend to change quickly. And many decisions that don't make sense are made daily. But that's where I'd place it today.
Kyle Busch to IndyCar confirmed.

Well, Edwards blew out of there early, Kyle wouldn't surprise me after I saw how he and Joe interacted after the Pocono race

Good. I don't want MY Toyotas to have to race him.

Ty to Indy!!!!!! Let's go Ty! Shock the damn world!

Ty to Indy!!!!!! Let's go Ty! Shock the damn world!
I'm curious to see how quickly he can adapt to the shifting sequence and braking zones at Indy. Its gonna be a taller task than Pocono but the kid is a Natural on the road course. He beat 2 of the best Road Course drivers in Dinger and Larson, straight up outdrove them. Practice Saturday will be fun to watch. I think he can Top 10 it Sunday

I'm curious to see how quickly he can adapt to the shifting sequence and braking zones at Indy. Its gonna be a taller task than Pocono but the kid is a Natural on the road course. He beat 2 of the best Road Course drivers in Dinger and Larson, straight up outdrove them. Practice Saturday will be fun to watch. I think he can Top 10 it Sunday
I think this weekend may be a struggle for him. On top of learning the new car JGR has been struggling on road courses this year

I agree with every syllable of this post. I can't even tell you how excited I am to follow him this weekend in both series....fascinating to listen to him on the scanner. When he broke in Xfinity in Loudon, I listened to him the whole race even as he was 4 laps down......Hirschman and Gayle coaching him up, and he was hearing it.
Same thing in Pocono, incredibly awesome to listen to Jarrett and Scott manage his race, and then let him go toward the end. In Loudon, he told Gayle after the race that he wanted detail about what had broken so that he would be better equipped to diagnose something like this in the future....and the kid is 19 years old. I mentioned somewhere around here, how I could have sat on that hill outside of Turn 8 in Portland all day, and listened to him throttle up in the wet. Sorry to go on and on, but this is what I love about this sport...There is always something to watch and learn about. Whether it's the new car, and new driver, track treatment, etc. There is so much more than just the laps in the race. I wish we could figure a way to explain this to the average person on the street. We would sell out every weekend.

I think this weekend may be a struggle for him. On top of learning the new car JGR has been struggling on road courses this year

This is a great point, and very possible.....However, imagine what kind of a splash it would be if he outperforms his Toyota teammates. It's possible if WE haven't improved our road course set ups.....Another angle to the race this weekend. Can WE get our heads out of our asses on road courses? Drivers said they were better in Road America than Sonoma, but that isn't saying much. Need to take another step, or Charlotte will bite us in the Playoffs.

Well, Edwards blew out of there early, Kyle wouldn't surprise me after I saw how he and Joe interacted after the Pocono race
Drama Queen. I watched that video, and there was nothing there. Get me some footage of KFB hugging it out after a P2, and then let's talk.

Will Ty still be eligible for Rookie of the Year (whatever year that may be) if he continues to drive the 45?

Will Ty still be eligible for Rookie of the Year (whatever year that may be) if he continues to drive the 45?
IMO he'll have run too many. Seems like ROY is something that has been skipped over the past few years, I can't even tell you who won them recently

Back
Top Bottom