U.N.: Inspectors find empty warheads in Iraq

— U.N. weapons inspectors uncovered 11 empty chemical warheads in "excellent" condition in Iraq on Thursday

"Some U.S. officials said unless they also find some sort of chemical agent on the casings, the warheads won't serve as proof of a chemical weapons program."

I thought those two paragraphs were interesting..

Well folks, is this what Bush is waiting for? Will this discovery change the minds of some countries? How long will it be before the war starts?

I hope I'm wrong about this, but I can see the troops landing already. With more and more troops shipping out, I think the time is sooner or later.

Fox news also said that Blair and BUsh were going to meet at Camp David on the 31st. I wonder if this will be a "war strategy" meeting. I'm sure they won't be exchanging vacation pictures.

its starting soon, a friend of mine is in the army, hes going to survival school next week, then he was supposed to come back for ski school, hes part of the mountian division, but he got deployment orders instead of the ski school. There sending everyone over there.

As for the chemical weapons, I'm suprised they didn't find more, and where are the actual chemical agents?

Yea Im gonna enlist in 1 and a half years whne i turn 18

I'm actually considering enlisting when I am done with college, I'll be 28, an old man compared to all the "kids"

It will actually be 2 and a hlaf cause i have to finish school

I got your message Paul. Sorry if I took something you said the wrong way. It's very easy to do that.

Paul, I just don't want to get into this with you. Let's move on. I said I was sorry for taking something you said the wrong way. Peace brother!:)

shute ! What would they be doing with empty warheads - I wonder???? Sounds close enough to me - let's get it on!

Originally posted by T-Bird Ro
shute !  What would they be doing with empty warheads  - I wonder????  Sounds close enough to me - let's get it on!

We can't do that T-bird.........it's not "concrete proof".:rolleyes:

I understand now that the Iraqis have said that these weapons had been overlooked. This shouldn't make any difference. Okay, now we have people in this country and around the world that believe them. I guess they will believe them until it hits them right between the eyes. Then it will be too late.

I agree T-Bird...don't listen to the words DEW puts in other people's mouths.

When did anyone say this wasn't proof? I say charge now, all I wanted was proof.

That's what got our butts in a sling at Somailia and Bosnia.......don't fire unless fired upon.

Kinda dumb if you ask me.

Just watch........it's already beginning. "That is not grounds for military action. They were just empty warheads that have been stored for years. The Iraqis simply forgot about them." It will be put up that it is not "concrete proof" so we can't do anything until we get that proof. Not putting words into anyone's mouth. It was sarcastic.

Where is all that starting?

Who's putting up that it isn't concrete proof?

In one of the reports, it was said that some US officals are saying something to the effect that unless traces of chemical agents are found in the warheads, it still means nothing.

Probably the Democrats said that.....;)

Techincally, it probably doesn't mean anything as far as proof that he has biological weapons...proof of that would be...uhhh...lemme think...hmmm...biological weapons.

What it does mean is that having those unclaimed will be a violation of the treaty to disarm.

Paul...........I'm referring to the news pundits. I was directing nothing at anyone on this board or forum.

Yeah, I know...I'm asking you where that stuff is being said. From the reports that I'm reading it looks like pretty much everyone agrees this is a violation.

The inspectors are calling it a violation as well...just wondering what people are saying all those things you're referring to. Or are they?

boy 31 one more days and we can all argue about nascar, tony stewart, dale jr, Jeff (cutiepie) jimmy spencer etc............:D
but guess for the time being YOU BOYS.......can argue politics..:D :D

Foxnews for one........and most of the U.N. folks are saying that's not enough. They need chemical or biological traces or residue to say it's enough. Yeah, there are some on the other side of the argument.....but, watch. It will be turn out that it will not be enough. I hope it does turn out to be the smoking gun.........but, I have my doubts.

I didn't know I was fighting. I thought I was stating opinions.:(

Wouldn't you rather hope he has nothing?

And we just send a few SpecOps in an put 203 round through his bedroom window? I'd feel safer knowing he has nothing, than finding something and sending our boys there.

Well, I never know anymore...the last time we were talking about something in the NASCAR board I got yelled at. So I'm just covering my ground. :)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...:)

I just hope he's been bluffing, and trying to come off as a bad-ass. Like a hood robbing a convenience store with his hand shaped like a gun in his coat pocket.

I would rather that scenario...then suddenly...in a year we hear about his mysterious death.:sniper:

Originally posted by paul
Ok, you want me to lock the thread QT?

well i see where it is headed....fighting?? no one is talking but you and DE, why not take it to a PM instead of both of you going back and forth..........everyone else seems to know when to back off..not you two..........you two like to keep it stirred up.:)

Back
Top Bottom