USAC 2019

This was a fun one last night. Great track and some wild slide job exchanges.

Also, good to know that Dale Jr. is a fan. I'm sure it's because his niece is racing, but whatever it takes.

Really bummed out that I couldn't make it out for the race today. Have been to the two 1 mile dirt tracks in Illinois as well as the already closed one in Syracuse. This one was really high on the bucket list of tracks to go to... Oh well... What a waste that they won't be having races there any more...

Chris Windom just blew a right rear while leading early and went tumbling down the front straight in front of the field. Thank God nobody hit him or this thing could have gone terribly wrong. He's OK.

Pretty good race on a wetter than usual track for these cars on a mile. Tyler Courtney passed Kevin Thomas Jr. on the outside with 7 laps to go to take the win.

Windom crashed again tonight. Not as spectacularly, but another hard hit after blowing a tire.

Dude needs to pack it in for the weekend and live to race another day. :/

Windom crashed again tonight. Not as spectacularly, but another hard hit after blowing a tire.

Dude needs to pack it in for the weekend and live to race another day. :/
I saw the tire tracks on Twitter. Didn’t seem like it would lead to anything good for sure.

I don't have the capacity to keep up with USAC midgets full time due to following all the sprint car stuff and other racing, but this Indiana Midget Week is a great tradition and series and has been fun to watch this week. That was a good one last night. I'll probably catch tonight's race later because WoO is racing tonight. One thing I like about FloRacing that streams the majority of USAC races this year is that most events are immediately in their archive, so you don't have to choose between watching live or waiting for several days.

Great story last night as Tanner Thorson made his way back from the terrible traffic accident he had in March to win at Lincoln Park Speedway.

That was getting really good between Windom and Seavey before that last caution. Might have been a different outcome without it, but congrats to Windom.

Watching the sprints right now from Grandview Speedway in PA, the first night of their Eastern Storm tour that features five races in six nights in PA, NY, and NJ. The Silver Crown cars will also be at Williams Grove on Friday.

They have an excellent track surface tonight, very racey and fast so far.

Wanted to be there, but couldn't make it happen it fell in a bad week for me or I would of tried to be at at least Grandview and Bridgeport.

Watching the sprints right now from Grandview Speedway in PA, the first night of their Eastern Storm tour that features five races in six nights in PA, NY, and NJ. The Silver Crown cars will also be at Williams Grove on Friday.

They have an excellent track surface tonight, very racey and fast so far.
I was at Grandview earlier this year great little track very fun and fast steep banking. I sat down in the entrance to turn 1 and it was great.

Here are the highlights from the 100 lap Silver Crown race at Williams Grove. This was not Chris Windom's best moment, as he took out PA local Steve Buckwalter on the last lap with an ill-advised attempt to slide under him. To me it was obvious that it was a mistake, but a pretty bad one. You just don't do that in this kind of racing, or really any kind of racing outside of certain pavement short track stuff. Then the racing karma gods struck and he blew his RR before he could claim the victory.

Tonight's midget highlights:

Also, Indiana Sprint Week starts later this coming week. Always one of my favorite periods of the year.

Back
Top Bottom