USAC 2019

I loved the overhead drone camera view they showed briefly there. Good double header tonight and a big event for the USAC guys.

10 grand for the winner, Eldora, uncharacteristic dust up
I like Eldora for non-wing sprint cars, even when it's too dry and dusty. The high banking just works with the non-wing cars, helps them keep the speed up. I know USAC has great heritage on flatter tracks including horse racing tracks, but I love 'em at Eldora.

A little moisture would have helped them rotate on the bottom better and led to more passing opportunities, but it's a wonder to watch the non-wing guys run the cushion when it's that close to the wall.

Indiana Sprint Week and Kings Royal weekend? It's too much to keep up with.

Wait until you see the finish tonight at I-69 Gas City, hot damn.

In fact it's so close that many aren't sure the right call was made. Race Monitor live timing and scoring had Leary winning by 2 thousandths of a second. Official scoring system must be separate. Cottle was credited with the win. Probably an explanation coming.

Here it is, and a freeze frame of the finish. Absurdly close and would come down to scoring loop location and transponder placement. What an ending though.

Kokomo is an awesome track. You're right, what a race. I guess Brady Bacon wasn't happy with Windom chopping down on him on the back stretch of the final lap. Windom has been building up some bad will lately with certain moves and incidents. But frankly it's racing for the win on the last lap, I didn't see anything wrong with it. If Bacon turns him there after the block, not sure I see anything wrong with that either.

I haven't gotten to it yet, but I'm going to guess this is a good listen:

Brady Bacon parked it last night at Oskaloosa, taking the back row challenge in the non wing 99x. Starting from the rear in a 26 car field he blistered them for the $9,200 win. Knoxville Nationals starts tonight

Kokomo is one of the best tracks for non-winged sprints.

Highlights from Thursday:

Highlights from Friday, featuring a fine battle between teammates for the weekend and Logan Seavey's first USAC sprint car win (he's mostly been a midget guy):

That was a good one tonight. Sweet looked faster than anyone but Gravel before the late caution, but there appeared to be long run / short run differences.

^ Oops, wrong thread. Good dual and battling further back. I thought Cummins might have the speed to get him, but Courtney was smooth and held on.

This one was pretty wild, cut short a couple laps because of a curfew. The 3 car with a wheelie down the straight starts it off.

I was at the track for a short time yesterday checking it out but I didn't stay and watch any cars run. They were watering the track down while I was there but I had dinner plans so I couldn't stay very long. I'm really looking forward to tonight's race. Larson and Bell always put on a great show but there are a ton of heavy hitters tonight.

Can't say it any better than this. Wild stuff.

I was sitting between turn 4 and the flag stand and I had a perfect view of the crash. That was the weirdest finish I have ever seen. They almost had the chassis stripped on Pickens car when I left the track around 11.00. Damn I hate that I can't go back tonight but I'm racing slot cars tonight.

16 year old Zeb Wise wins it all at Indy

EDv_9M2XoAIoZaU.jpg

Is NBCSN going to show a replay of the race like last year or someone else?

Back
Top Bottom