USAC 2020

Silver Crown Schedule

May 3: TBA (TBA)

May 21: (D) Terre Haute Action Track (Terre Haute, IN)

May 22: (P) Lucas Oil Raceway (Brownsburg, IN)

Jun 12: (D) Williams Grove Speedway (Mechanicsburg, PA)

Jun 19: (P) Madison International Speedway (Oregon, WI)

Aug 2: (P#) World Wide Technology Raceway (Madison, IL)

Aug 9: (D) Selinsgrove Speedway (Selinsgrove, PA)

Aug 15: (P) Salem Speedway (Salem, IN)

Aug 22: (D#) Illinois State Fairgrounds (Springfield, IL)

Sep 6: (D) Du Quoin State Fairgrounds (Du Quoin, IL)

Sep 25-26: (D) Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, OH)

Oct 4: (P#) Toledo Speedway (Toledo, OH)

Another win for Larson. Hey look at Stenhouse, his results are improving on the dirt side.

I think the track at the Gateway dome is too small for the late models (though it's certainly a show) but perfect for midgets.

Larson is dominating the midget races this year. I watched him win in Indy earlier this year and at Ventura Ca Turkey weekend. He makes it look so easy.

My nominee for the best 2019 victory winner's circle late model interview

We just won the Gateway Nationals, that's the biggest thing I will probably ever do.

Enough to win you over on late models? The race itself was a wreck fest, which is kinda unavoidable when the track is that small and rough. But that Carpenter kid outlasted all of the big money teams and it was a heck of a finish and story.

There was also this:

Over $125,000 of the $2.2 million amount was raised, but yesterday an update was posted that the little girl received her treatment, perhaps as a result of public pressure from the campaign.

Amazing.

As much as I value traditional racing, I agree with moving the lapped cars to the tail.

They are also trying to incentivize winning the heat races with that lineup change. In USAC the feature lineups have been based entirely on time trials, leading some to complain that the heat races don't really matter. This seems to be an incremental change that addresses that partially without changing the whole format.

NOS Energy Drink USAC National Midgets - Ocala, Florida 2/7/20

FEATURE: (30 laps, starting positions in parentheses) 1. Tanner Thorson (5), 2. Chris Windom (7), 3. Buddy Kofoid (3), 4. Tyler Courtney (1), 5. Cannon McIntosh (10), 6. Zeb Wise (12), 7. Kevin Thomas, Jr. (6), 8. Jerry Coons, Jr. (2), 9. Daison Pursley (15), 10. Andrew Layser (13), 11. Tanner Carrick (8), 12. Logan Seavey (11), 13. Steve Buckwalter (17), 14. Dennis Misuraca (20), 15. Oliver Akard (18), 16. Mark Cole (19), 17. Michael Magic (21), 18. Chase Jones (16), 19. Robert Dalby (14), 20. Jesse Colwell (9), 21. Cole Bodine (4), 22. Ethan Mitchell (22). NT

USAC jumping in

FB_IMG_1585244532262.jpg

That was an awesome race last year when Larson did the spin and win right in front of where I was sitting. It sucks they have to cancel...but what's best for the safety of everyone involed is the most important.

I am not familiar with Stephen Schnapf. This is his first USAC win. Some different names up front tonight. Watching the non wing cars back them into the corners at a bull ring like this is fun.

Back
Top Bottom