USAC 2020

Caught the race in the archive now as I was watching other stuff earlier. Fairbury is always a fun track. Glad to see that nobody wrecked with the contact at the end. Would have rather seen Kofoid get a win, but that was a pretty wild finish.

Seavey won the race. Kevin Thomas Jr. got into him on the last lap and they spun, but Seavey never stopped, which meant he kept the lead for the final restart. The wreck was tough and looked like a genuine last lap racing incident.

That was a wild race. Not sure how well the highlights captured it, but there were more cautious and attrition than usual, then a great race between Seavey and Thomas until that final lap crash. Gas City is one of the best tracks they go to.

Great racing tonight at Kokomo between C.J. Leary and Tyler Courtney for the win. They traded the lead back and forth several times, culminating in a mistake and spinout by Courtney after he'd gained the advantage. Leary goes on to win over Brady Bacon and Justin Grant.

Wild finish in this one. Chase Stockon had the race won and was coming off turn 4 to the checkers, only to see a yellow flag thrown. TWICE. The third time, Justin Grant rattled his cage and got around him. Everyone was pretty much in accordance that the second caution call was dubious, with the leaders coming off of 4 and a spin near the back of the pack in turn 2. But that's how USAC does it.

Kyle Cummins takes the Indiana Sprint Week finale victory and Chase Stockon wins the ISW championship, which was truncated due to rainouts the last few nights.

Christopher Bell is in the field tonight with the midgest in PA and just won his heat.

This was pretty wild for a Silver Crown race. Shane Cottle was in the pits with a flat left rear tire in lap 31 of 74, and barely made it back out in time to restart. He somehow went on to win the race. I think the fresh rubber helped, because he was much faster than all of the leaders at the end. Strange night.

This was pretty wild for a Silver Crown race. Shane Cottle was in the pits with a flat left rear tire in lap 31 of 74, and barely made it back out in time to restart. He somehow went on to win the race. I think the fresh rubber helped, because he was much faster than all of the leaders at the end. Strange night.

I believe I recall Selinsgrove say it was the first silver crown race there so I don't think anyone knew 100% what to expect

Tyler Courtney has mostly been racing with a wing lately, but he was back with USAC this weekend at Kokomo. Tonight he won a great back and forth duel with Brady Bacon.

Windom beats Courtney and Thorson to the checkers for the midget victory.

Tyler Courtney won tonight's USAC National Sprint Cars season finale. And then he didn't.

Brady Bacon takes the victory after the DQ, and the championship.

Nice win for Tanner Thorson as he chases down and passes Chris Windom.

Macedo also won the sprint car feature that paid $21,000 over Larson, Sweet, and others. Big night for him.

The annual Western World Championships in Arizona are tonight and tomorrow, with national midgets and Western / CRA sprint cars in action. I believe several of the national sprint car drivers are competing as well.

Back
Top Bottom