USAC 2021

Well, that ending was something. Tanner Thorson runs C.J. Leary wide and over the cushion on a final GWC restart, and steals the victory after Leary had led the entire race. Leary then chased Thorson after the checkers, confronted him in victory lane, and vowed that the sprint car drivers are going to "bust his ass" for driving like he does in a midget.

Chris Windom was third. Interesting stuff. Not a big fan of Thorson's move, but there have been a lot worse.

Watched the replay again, I missed Leary bobbling in the middle of the corner. That's what cost him the race. I don't think Thorson did anything wrong.

Credit to Kristy Bemmes, Leary's girlfriend, for her professional interviews of all involved in victory lane.

1627796027991.png

USAC NATIONAL SPRINT CARS HAUBSTADT 7/31/21​

Off work tomorrow so thinking of going to see the midgets at Grandview

1628046953297.png

The last couple of three laps were pretty good

8-3-2021: Grandview Speedway | USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midget Highlights​

Pretty wild first lap, big wreck and a cuss off by T Mez. Fast smaller track

1628132387992.png

HIGHLIGHTS: USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midgets | 8-4-2021 | Action Track USA | Kutztown, PA​

Took a while to get going but it turned into quite a race.

T Mez has had enough of the kids.

T-Mez needs to try to graduate to sprint cars then. They don't let nearly as many high schoolers into those.

He’s run a few races for Jack Yeley recently.

I’m afraid there’s no future in that.

Pretty wild first lap, big wreck and a cuss off by T Mez. Fast smaller track

View attachment 56664

HIGHLIGHTS: USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midgets | 8-4-2021 | Action Track USA | Kutztown, PA​

Action Track is an awesome place to see a race

Clean race. Thorson was lights out.

1628218027943.png

HIGHLIGHTS: USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midgets | 8/5/2021 | Bridgeport Motorsports Park​

1628308779818.png

Meseraull was on a terror and was walking away with it until he hit a lapper and spun

HIGHLIGHTS: USAC NOS Energy Drink National Midgets | Bloomsburg Fair Raceway | 8/6/2021​

The Silver Crown cars are racing now from Selinsgrove, PA on Flo. Looking racey.

Larson, Chase Briscoe and Chase Elliott are in the field.

And JJ Yeley in the Rick Ware Racing entry. What’s the end game for this guy?

Shocking who currently tops the speed charts. Elliott looking pretty quick too.

Elliott is the surprise. The last time I saw a clip of him racing, he looked pretty lost, running in the back and spinning out all by himself. I have a feeling he has been practicing on the side.

Doug Boles onstage for the opening ceremonies.

Says Jeff Gordon will hotlap a car later in the proceedings.

Meseraull is an absolute wildman. His car is built tough.

Newman is in the field ... lots of NASCAR participation. I really like that.

Meseraull is an absolute wildman. His car is built tough.

Newman is in the field ... lots of NASCAR participation. I really like that.
Day hitting the wall in 2 sure made the finish interesting with him and T-Mez. I enjoyed the heck out of Larson's heat race, it seemed like they had the wick turned up with him in there, hard racing.

Well ... I have to say he far exceeded my expectation. The old boy’s still got it.

I’d place a bet on Clauson’s brand new car receiving one of the promoter’s spots in the Main ... with Gordon in it.

Back
Top Bottom