Vacation stories/pictures thread

Tomorrow morning we head to Greensboro, NC for the New Balance Track & Field Nationals competition. We'll be there for 3 days of competition before heading back to Assateague for a week long visit to the beach. Kind of a 3 part vacation.

Tomorrow morning we head to Greensboro, NC for the New Balance Track & Field Nationals competition. We'll be there for 3 days of competition before heading back to Assateague for a week long visit to the beach. Kind of a 3 part vacation.

That is nice to look forward to as going from the beach to something totally different and then heading back to the beach for more R&R sounds like the perfect plan.

Arrived at the New Balance Track & Field Nationals.
ee4e2ef12e5e3b8e9ed8c959df8a7471.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Cool. I hope she does well. A personal best would be awesome.
Not a PR yesterday but awesome none the less. She finished 11th overall and got to compete against the best the nation has to offer. It was a great day hopefully to be followed by another today.

Shot competition is at 1pm today. Speaking of which, we witnessed an epic battle yesterday afternoon in the boys division. There are only 3 boys in the country that can throw over 70 feet. All three were there yesterday. The top seed lost on the final throw by 3 centimeters after trading the lead on every successive throw in the competition.

Today's events will be followed by a 370+ mile drive back to the beach for a week of R&R.

Two golds would be better. She's that good. :D
I wish that were the case but she performed well none the less. Many of the athletes here are future Olympians. Some, as early as this fall. The field is that good.

Two of her future coach's from the University of Pennsylvania were there as well as the other freshman girl that she will be teammates with starting this fall. They will be going head to head again today.

Some pics I took a couple of days ago while in Niagara wine country.

DSCN0279 (2).JPG
DSCN0299 (2).JPG

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain...

I like this quote and needed a place to put it... :D

Everything in your pictures is perfect except the Steelers chairs need to go and be replaced by some with the Eagles logo......:)
Wrong side of the state. Steelers are my birthright. :cool:

I will be back in Philly though next month. My daughter, who the party was for, will be starting at the University of Pennsylvania next month. For the next 6 years we'll probably be making plenty of trip across the state.

Well planning our next vacation as my mom is on the ship for 75 days.
Get on board Aug 16th
We are just going to get on in Honolulu and get off at home in Auckland but will be great to spend time with her and my bro. How are your plans going @Whizzer

View attachment 18938
Plan B. Headed somewhere soon just not guaranteed yet.:)

Back
Top Bottom