Vacation stories/pictures thread

A few more.
There was a crap load of new style Vettes there, but, nothing special.

20160730_130608_resized.jpg
20160730_130853_resized.jpg
20160730_131008_resized.jpg
20160730_131351_resized.jpg
20160730_131402_resized.jpg
20160730_131435_resized.jpg
20160730_131415_resized.jpg

I was really happy yesterday as I was able to photograph a Prairie Falcon and a pair of Sandhill Cranes. Both have proven to be elusive to me so getting both in a half hour surprised me.

004 (2).JPG
019 (3).JPG

I was really happy yesterday as I was able to photograph a Prairie Falcon and a pair of Sandhill Cranes. Both have proven to be elusive to me so getting both in a half hour surprised me.

View attachment 20306 View attachment 20307

Come to Florida, we have Sand Hill Cranes playing and coming through our yard every day. Most pairs now have a little one with them. They are everywhere around here.

Come to Florida, we have Sand Hill Cranes playing and coming through our yard every day. Most pairs now have a little one with them. They are everywhere around here.

I have a friend that lives in Venice and he said the exact same thing and he was surprised they had such a large range.

Wow and wow! Everyone of those pics were completely in my wheelhouse and thank you for posting them. I am afraid they would never get rid of me.

Damn, just damn. That's on the bucket list and been there for awhile. :cheers:

I have friends that live permanently in the Yellowknife area and 2 that work seasonally in the diamond mines. I need to take the time and visit as it is beautiful.

After seeing the great pics from Johali and Clutch I probably shouldn't post anything but there is no fool like an old fool and that is me! I came across a place yesterday that had a bunch of old Ford trucks and Chevrolet cars and here is one of them.

DSCN3774 (2).JPG
DSCN3776 (2).JPG

I'm lucky. I get to watch them practice every Tuesday and Wednesday from my backyard or boat. They do the entire show both day's. :D

Ok i just found this thread...so i know this is old lol.

We stayed with the inlaws at Orange Beach (i think) a few years ago when the Blue Angles were shut down for budget reasons, however they still at least flew. At least one at a time.

I didnt really know anything about it, I was sitting on the deck of the beach house and one came screaming right down the coast line. Hell of a thing!

Ok i just found this thread...so i know this is old lol.

We stayed with the inlaws at Orange Beach (i think) a few years ago when the Blue Angles were shut down for budget reasons, however they still at least flew. At least one at a time.

I didnt really know anything about it, I was sitting on the deck of the beach house and one came screaming right down the coast line. Hell of a thing!
Yep. If a person isn't used to it, it can rattle you a bit. It is a helluva show, especially here in their hometown.

I'm not much of a concert person, but as soon as I found out that my favorite band Thousand Foot Krutch was playing four hours away in Garden City, Kansas...I figured I had no choice but to go. While on my drive there, I seriously thought about skipping the entire festival and concert and doing some other attractions nearby. I drove 4 hours, was by myself and wasn't really a concert person. I was concerned that I was going to drive all that way and not have fun. I decided to give it a go anyway and I don't regret it at all. Probably one of the better days I've had in quite some time. Festivals are so fun. Everyone is having fun and in a good mood...even if you aren't from the city, you still feel like you are when attending festivals. It was also amazing finally getting to see my favorite band live. They are also playing next month about 30 minutes from me in Wichita. The reason I chose to go to Garden City was because of the festival, but after going, I had so much fun that I bought tickets to their second show next month as soon as I got home. Lesson learned...try doing things outside of your comfort zone, you might actually have fun. :)

TFK by Brent Kern, on Flickr

TFK 2 by Brent Kern, on Flickr

I'm not much of a concert person, but as soon as I found out that my favorite band Thousand Foot Krutch was playing four hours away in Garden City, Kansas...I figured I had no choice but to go. While on my drive there, I seriously thought about skipping the entire festival and concert and doing some other attractions nearby. I drove 4 hours, was by myself and wasn't really a concert person. I was concerned that I was going to drive all that way and not have fun. I decided to give it a go anyway and I don't regret it at all. Probably one of the better days I've had in quite some time. Festivals are so fun. Everyone is having fun and in a good mood...even if you aren't from the city, you still feel like you are when attending festivals. It was also amazing finally getting to see my favorite band live. They are also playing next month about 30 minutes from me in Wichita. The reason I chose to go to Garden City was because of the festival, but after going, I had so much fun that I bought tickets to their second show next month as soon as I got home. Lesson learned...try doing things outside of your comfort zone, you might actually have fun. :)

TFK by Brent Kern, on Flickr

TFK 2 by Brent Kern, on Flickr

Great pics and I am glad you decided to go as sometimes I talk myself out of things before I leave the house.

Great pics and I am glad you decided to go as sometimes I talk myself out of things before I leave the house.

That's one reason why I bought the tickets in advance. The savings wasn't anything to get excited about, but I knew if I didn't buy them before going, there's a very good chance that I would have talked myself out of it.

Back
Top Bottom