Verizon IndyCar Series: Iowa Corn Indy 300

I like Josef Newgarden, seems like a nice young man. I see a few race wins and championship in his future. He's only 23.

At Pocono, Kanaan gambled on a fuel strategy while leading and lost.

At Iowa, Kanaan got beat while leading by those who gambled on a tire strategy.

I like Josef Newgarden, seems like a nice young man. I see a few race wins and championship in his future. He's only 23.

And those were things they could control....

the way I see it, Kanaan if keeps after it he will win one, you can't keep running that strong and not get the results, he got outsmarted by pit work both races. Andretti was sharp, fooled everybody

Foyt will kill Aleshin before long.
I don't know...AJ looked like he was having a hard enough time just getting down from his pit box. I think his azz kicking days may be over...but, he may hire someone else to do it for him.:)

Pretty good race. I felt bad for Kanaan but new tires rule. And the Carpender non-call was bad but watching the replay I could see how it might be a tough call because there wasn't a second move. Tracy pointed out Carpender is supposed to look for a better line. But JPM pointed out he was running high all day. I was cheering for Kanaan but is was exciting to see new tires run through the field.

Pretty good race. I felt bad for Kanaan but new tires rule. And the Carpender non-call was bad but watching the replay I could see how it might be a tough call because there wasn't a second move. Tracy pointed out Carpender is supposed to look for a better line. But JPM pointed out he was running high all day. I was cheering for Kanaan but is was exciting to see new tires run through the field.
yeah Carpenter said he knew Juan was working him, so apparently he decided to take the low line. He even said his spotter said something, but it was too late. IDK Carpenter was lucky he didn't end up in the wall also. I don't think it was a very smart move, Carpenter already had I think it was Power pass him and Juan was next.

If Carpeter doesnt wreck Juan, then Kanaan wins. Even if a caution came out a few laps later, tires wouldnt have effected the winner. Personally i love that new tires are like superman. Nascar could learn somethiing. Its not really worth it at most tracks in Nascar

--Great race!! Oh no!! Don't tell me- Sato wrecked again? What a shock!! Speaking of Sato, did you see AJ? He could lose a pound or two. He looked awful!!
--Congrats to Hunter Reay. And Newgarden, too! I felt a little sorry for Kanaan. He needs a win. But he did OK. At least he got a podium. Ed Carpenter? What'd he do wrong? Oh yeah. It was a good thing that Hinchcliffe was already in a coma or he'd put him in another one. :D

--Great race!! Oh no!! Don't tell me- Sato wrecked again? What a shock!! Speaking of Sato, did you see AJ? He could lose a pound or two. He looked awful!!
--Congrats to Hunter Reay. And Newgarden, too! I felt a little sorry for Kanaan. He needs a win. But he did OK. At least he got a podium. Ed Carpenter? What'd he do wrong? Oh yeah. It was a good thing that Hinchcliffe was already in a coma or he'd put him in another one. :D

Taku was taken out by Aleshin, again. His team put on three turns of front wing and when the tires were cold, he hit the apron and lost it. Taku committed to the highside and there was nothing that he could do with Kimball on the bottom line.

That was a race.

Indycar needs more short ovals. Richmond and Phoenix would be good tracks to start with.

Back
Top Bottom