Video Game thread

Yep. They're both set in the not too distant future.

Remember Me was made by the same people that made Life is Strange. It wasn't perfect, but I definitely appreciated what they were trying to do, and I enjoyed the game. I loved the story, the art style, and the music. The gameplay was simplistic, but fun, and the game wasn't overly difficult.

Catalyst is a really fun game so far.

Are you a completionist? I know I am.

Remember Me was given for free through ps+. I thought I'd download it to see if I liked it and surprisingly I did very much.

I did everything there was to do on it. Got every trophies and completed it to 100%.

These days I dont have much time to explore every nook and cranny of every game but when I do have time I like to dig in.

Are you a completionist? I know I am.

Remember Me was given for free through ps+. I thought I'd download it to see if I liked it and surprisingly I did very much.

I did everything there was to do on it. Got every trophies and completed it to 100%.

These days I dont have much time to explore every nook and cranny of every game but when I do have time I like to dig in.
Awesome. I remember recommending it to you but didn't realize you had actually played it.

Watching a little bit of that video reminded me of how good the music is. I have the soundtrack, and it's one of the few video game soundtracks that I can actually listen to all the way through.

I'm not much of a completionist - more so a perfectionist. I don't want to just beat a game. I want to thump it and utterly destroy it. That's why I get so impatient so quickly with games these days. If I like a game enough, I'll go for some extra achievements/trophies on it, but I don't generally concern myself with them.

Detroit: Become Human looks a little like LA Noire, but with androids. Apparently Quantic Dream is the same group that made the Kara PS3 demo. I'm interested, but a game like that could go either way for me.

This trailer is pretty cool. They brought Kara back.

I had already heard about Horizon: Zero Dawn. It looks like a futuristic/steampunk Tomb Raider. The girl sounds a little like Chloe from Life is Strange. I wonder if it's the same voice actress.

Detroit: Become Human looks a little like LA Noire, but with androids. Apparently Quantic Dream is the same group that made the Kara PS3 demo. I'm interested, but a game like that could go either way for me.

This trailer is pretty cool. They brought Kara back.

People behind this game are Quantic Dream? I didn't even pay attention to it.

It makes perfect sense though. They tend to go for the more cinematic experience.

They also made Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Soul and Indigo Prophecy.

All games that rely more on choices you make rather than gameplay.

I had already heard about Horizon: Zero Dawn. It looks like a futuristic/steampunk Tomb Raider. The girl sounds a little like Chloe from Life is Strange. I wonder if it's the same voice actress.

Interesting.

I looked at the imdb page and there weren't any info listed yet.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2921607/

But I did find this though..

kw5d5.jpg

Daamnnnnnn Max, you look even better in real life. :growl:

E3 really didn't blow me away this year. Was really looking forward to a Red Dead reveal, but again no go. Definetly going to pick up Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-man, and The Fractured but Whole. Going to skip out on God of War, Detroit, and Days Gone becuase they just look unoriginal or anti-climatic to me. Was really hoping for SuckerPunch to be behind Spidey, but I will take Insomniac.

@FLRacingFan If this doesn't make you wanna get a PS4 then you cant feel.

This looks like a completely new concept from the Gran Turismo people. I am ******* excited.

Man, I'm really torn on whether to get a PS4 or an XBOX One. I've decided that I definitely need to upgrade this fall with all of the **** coming later this year (NASCAR Heat: Evolution, Assetto Corsa, GT Sport, Forza Horizon 3) and the stuff that's already come out like Forza Motorsport 6 and Project CARS. I think it's going to boil down to do I want to continue on with the GT series or do I want to move on to Forza? And supposedly, Project CARS works much better on PS4 than it does with XBOX. And if I go with XBOX, I can still play PS4 when I go visit my brother. It's going to be tough.

Man, I'm really torn on whether to get a PS4 or an XBOX One. I've decided that I definitely need to upgrade this fall with all of the sh!t coming later this year (NASCAR Heat: Evolution, Assetto Corsa, GT Sport, Forza Horizon 3) and the stuff that's already come out like Forza Motorsport 6 and Project CARS. I think it's going to boil down to do I want to continue on with the GT series or do I want to move on to Forza? And supposedly, Project CARS works much better on PS4 than it does with XBOX. And if I go with XBOX, I can still play PS4 when I go visit my brother. It's going to be tough.

There is the Sony VR if you're into virtual reality too which Microsoft is not really delving into. So more incentive.

I'm on the fence about the whole VR thing but some of the games that will support it is tempting like Project Cars for instance and Ace Combat 7.

I've been putting quite a bit of time into project cars on xbox one here lately. I like a lot of the cars they added in the add on packs, the Indy Car, cup car, corvette etc. I've been running the IndyCar at Road America here lately having a fun time with that. The Lotus pack is nice as well, I like that track it comes with reminds me of the old grand prix legends tracks. A couple of those cars are real fun to drive.

Ended up beating Uncharted 4 the other day finally, I was beginning to wonder if it was ever gonna end lol. It was a blast to play though. Got Doom coming from ebay so hopefully that will hold me over for awhile.

Any of you playing or have played Overwatch? It's sure getting good reviews but I just can't figure out if I would like the cartoony characters. May just have to try it sometime.

I picked up Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator today. I'm not an anime guy, but I've always liked Arc System Works fighting games. This one probably has the best tutorial I've ever seen in a fighting game. The characters are totally ridiculous and over the top, but I managed to find one or two that I like. Honestly, though, I love the music more than anything. I'd love to get my hands on the soundtrack.

Man, I'm really torn on whether to get a PS4 or an XBOX One. I've decided that I definitely need to upgrade this fall with all of the sh!t coming later this year (NASCAR Heat: Evolution, Assetto Corsa, GT Sport, Forza Horizon 3) and the stuff that's already come out like Forza Motorsport 6 and Project CARS. I think it's going to boil down to do I want to continue on with the GT series or do I want to move on to Forza? And supposedly, Project CARS works much better on PS4 than it does with XBOX. And if I go with XBOX, I can still play PS4 when I go visit my brother. It's going to be tough.
Well, if you want more of a gaming console, go with the PS4, if you want more of a entertainment console , go with the Xbox.

I am bias , so I a saying PS4.

I have to say....the way this game drives looks an awful lot like Eutechnyx. Hopefully it's just because the game was in 'easy' mode, but not a good first sign from the gameplay for me.

Yeah they said the game play shown was in arcade mode and that there is a Sim mode for hardcore racers. They cars just look weird to me though. Like they are too glossy. Hmmmm....probably will get since there is a very big lack of sim racing games with ovals.

Yeah they said the game play shown was in arcade mode and that there is a Sim mode for hardcore racers. They cars just look weird to me though. Like they are too glossy. Hmmmm....probably will get since there is a very big lack of sim racing games with ovals.

Yeah, I'm probably a day-one purchaser. Even if it was Eutechnyx without the glitches, I'd tolerate just so I could race NASCAR again.

Yeah, I'm probably a day-one purchaser. Even if it was Eutechnyx without the glitches, I'd tolerate just so I could race NASCAR again.

I remeber reading somewhere that this first game will be just like their entry level game, after that the next one will be more detailed and more of a sim racing game. Their goal is to eventually have a console sim racing game that can compete with iracing.

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2547/nascar-heat-evolution-preview/

Here's an article that gets me more excited. The AI wrecks randomly! Also, AI and user DNFs! These are things I haven't seen since NR2003 (I never had a PC capable of playing IRacing).
So those who were concerned that dynamic difficulty wasn’t for you, or that the difference between normal and simulation mode wouldn’t provide the type of challenge to match your skill, can rest a bit easier. On top of what’s already standard difficulty implemented into the game, the user is given the ability to manually adjust the AI on a scale, so this allows users to literally set up each race at each track exactly how they would like to, based off their skill level.
Okay, now we're talking.

I'm thinking of buying the F1 2016 game that is going to come out in about 2 weeks.

This NASCAR Heat game looks outdated and one of the videos I saw was pretty bad. You could still pass like 10 cars in one corner like NASCAR 09. Laughable.

Did you watch it? My internet is to slow, I wasn't able to catch it. Was wondering if it looked any good or not?

It's still on. They are playing on low difficulty, so a bit difficult to get a feel. Some good things: Group qualifying is definitely in, as are digital dashboards. When they wrecked, it seemed like it did substantial damage to the car unlike last games. Graphics look to be a big improvement over last gens games, but the framerate seems a bit low (this could be my internet).

I'm thinking of buying the F1 2016 game that is going to come out in about 2 weeks.

This NASCAR Heat game looks outdated and one of the videos I saw was pretty bad. You could still pass like 10 cars in one corner like NASCAR 09. Laughable.

The F1 games are always solid.

I'm definitely holding off on getting the Nascar game until there are more videos of the higher difficulty game play.

I will be a day 1 or 1st weekend for NASCAR Evolution , its not like we have very many choices for NASCAR games, and I mean really could they do any worse then Eutechnyx did( yes, there is that chance)

Still need to pre order GT Sport , not sure if I want to pre order Evolution

I will be a day 1 or 1st weekend for NASCAR Evolution , its not like we have very many choices for NASCAR games, and I mean really could they do any worse then Eutechnyx did( yes, there is that chance)

Still need to pre order GT Sport , not sure if I want to pre order Evolution
How have I not heard about GT Sport until now? You just made my day.a

The F1 games are always solid.

I'm definitely holding off on getting the Nascar game until there are more videos of the higher difficulty game play.

I'm kind of digging it but I'm abit hesitant to buy it since I have never played an F1 game or know about the sport much.

I dumped NASCAR after Gordon retired so I have been paying more attention to F1 and V8 Supercars. The latter is a hell of a lot of fun series.

40 car fields in Heat Evo? As long as the reviews are good, I'm buying as soon as I can buy the PS4 I'd need to play it.

40 car fields in Heat Evo? As long as the reviews are good, I'm buying as soon as I can buy the PS4 I'd need to play it.
You are going to like the PS4

I recently got a charging dock for the controllers, no more having to plug in the cable, just set down , and it charges, freaking awesome!

Dunno if I'm gonna get that, but I just bought F1 2013 for my 360, purely for the classic mode.

Hopefully the download will be done sometime this weekend. LOL. I can't wait to drive that thing. :D

I can't exactly join in on many conversations here considering I'm probably the only one here who owns nothing newer than a Playstation 2. However, related to that...I've played nothing but Dirt to Daytona for the longest time, but today I went to Vintage Stock to purchase a few of the older PS2 NASCAR games. I purchased NASCAR Thunder 2004 and Nascar 06. Not too fond of 2004, but I have started a season on 06. Three races in and I haven't finished better than 15th. How pathetic! :)

I can't exactly join in on many conversations here considering I'm probably the only one here who owns nothing newer than a Playstation 2. However, related to that...I've played nothing but Dirt to Daytona for the longest time, but today I went to Vintage Stock to purchase a few of the older PS2 NASCAR games. I purchased NASCAR Thunder 2004 and Nascar 06. Not too fond of 2004, but I have started a season on 06. Three races in and I haven't finished better than 15th. How pathetic! :)
I didn't like '06. I thought the AI was a little too good in that one. I loved '05, and '07 wasn't bad either.

I didn't like '06. I thought the AI was a little too good in that one. I loved '05, and '07 wasn't bad either.

See, my biggest gripe about EA NASCAR games is that unless I just suck, once I get the lead, I can never drive away from the 2nd place guy. Like he's always right on my tail no matter what. I have heard that 05 was one of the best and that'll probably be the next one I get. It's just hard to really notice much of a difference between them in my opinion.

See, my biggest gripe about EA NASCAR games is that unless I just suck, once I get the lead, I can never drive away from the 2nd place guy. Like he's always right on my tail no matter what. I have heard that 05 was one of the best and that'll probably be the next one I get. It's just hard to really notice much of a difference between them in my opinion.
I know some of those games had that annoying adaptive AI that always keeps pace with whatever you're doing. Regardless, the AI was a little too difficult in '06 IMO, running the default setups, anyway. I remember going into career mode and buying upgrades or whatever for my car, and it became much more manageable like in '05.

'05 was the first one where you could race in different series other than Cup. I always liked the Busch (NNS) cars the best. Also, the AI wasn't ridiculously difficult. '07 is my second favorite. They kept the team control stuff from '06 but fixed the AI issue. It was a good game.

So, yeah, I went out and got F1 2016 a couple of hours ago. I was really only skeptical because judging by the YouTube videos, I didn't like the car sounds. I don't know if any of them sound any different in the game, and I've only tried the McLaren-Honda so far, but I like these things. They sound like IndyCars. :)

The graphics, of course, are amazing, and the handling feels solid. It's pretty fun so far. Looks like I might finally have found a racing game on the PS4 that I actually like.

@Reck, get it if you haven't gotten it already.

So, yeah, I went out and got F1 2016 a couple of hours ago. I was really only skeptical because judging by the YouTube videos, I didn't like the car sounds. I don't know if any of them sound any different in the game, and I've only tried the McLaren-Honda so far, but I like these things. They sound like IndyCars. :)

The graphics, of course, are amazing, and the handling feels solid. It's pretty fun so far. Looks like I might finally have found a racing game on the PS4 that I actually like.

@Reck, get it if you haven't gotten it already.

Good to hear.

I'll pick it up in a few days when I go out into the city along with Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

I reinstalled NASCAR Racing 2003 on my pc just to have something to mess around with the AI cars. It's amazing how good this game still looks with some of the updated tracks, and they are even still painting 2016 cars for it.

Assetto Corsa came out on the xbox one and ps4 yesterday, looks like it's getting mixed reviews, any of you pick it up on the consoles?

Forza Horizon 3 will be out before long, that looks pretty sweet. I like this time of year, all the good games start coming out.

Back
Top Bottom