Video Game thread

I wasn't even aware that GT6 was still getting updates? GT5 didn't get many.

They did like a few months of seasonal events than stopped. I sold my copy of it.

What's a GTP?
Well no updates for 6, its just seasonals, and has been for a long time

GTP is GT Planet, forum dedicated to the GT Series
https://www.gtplanet.net/

Here is some game footage from Sport

I was hoping to be playing Asseto Corsa by now but they delayed it till June so I'll pass on that game.

Gran Turismo Sport is coming out in November so I'll wait for that. And YES, THERE WILL BE CAUTIONS! :D @ChexOrWrex

Check it out.

There are plenty of ovals here @Jeffrey00

34 Minute gameplay

Official trailer

This looks great.

Looks great. Looks like only the 1 oval announced and that is the Bristol clone looking track. Still that is more than other PS4 games right now. Will be a day one purchase for me.

Looks great. Looks like only the 1 oval announced and that is the Bristol clone looking track. Still that is more than other PS4 games right now. Will be a day one purchase for me.
Pre orders are up now for it

I finally made the jump to next gen. It was time.

I got the Uncharted 4 PS4 bundle and also picked up The Last of Us Remastered and Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered. Looking forward to playing all of them and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. :)

Cool, Uncharted 4 is awesome, if you never played through the other ones, or even if you have pick up the Uncharted collection on the ps4, it's 1,2 and 3 remastered. The last of us is one of my favorite games ever, I couldn't put it down once I started playing. I'm not into the final fantasy stuff so can't comment on those. Metal Gear solid phantom pain is another good one if you haven't played it yet. If you like racing games, Dirt Rally is a fun one. Quite a few good games out there so far on the ps4 and xbox one, enjoy it.

I got the Uncharted 4 PS4 bundle and also picked up The Last of Us Remastered and Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered. Looking forward to playing all of them and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. :)
If you are so inclined too, send me a friends request, nascarfan49

Cool, Uncharted 4 is awesome, if you never played through the other ones, or even if you have pick up the Uncharted collection on the ps4, it's 1,2 and 3 remastered. The last of us is one of my favorite games ever, I couldn't put it down once I started playing. I'm not into the final fantasy stuff so can't comment on those. Metal Gear solid phantom pain is another good one if you haven't played it yet. If you like racing games, Dirt Rally is a fun one. Quite a few good games out there so far on the ps4 and xbox one, enjoy it.

I love uncharted. I have all of them.

And when I say all of them I mean I doubled down. I have the PS3 games and bought the ps4 collection.

I also have the Last of Us but didn't feel the need to rebuy it on the ps4. Not much of a difference graphics wise I thought.

@Mr. Gregory Congrats my dude. You have made it to the big leagues. :D

I love uncharted. I have all of them.

And when I say all of them I mean I doubled down. I have the PS3 games and bought the ps4 collection.

I also have the Last of Us but didn't feel the need to rebuy it on the ps4. Not much of a difference graphics wise I thought.

@Mr. Gregory Congrats my dude. You have made it to the big leagues. :D
I swear, listening to a new Thrice album and going to GameStop to buy a PlayStation and PlayStation games made me feel like it was 2003 all over again. :D

Thankfully, the Uncharted PS4 already had system software version 3.11 on it and just needed a quick update to 3.50. I wouldn't have been playing till Monday if I had to do that 8GB update. Ha ha.

I started playing The Last of Us first. Never been into the whole zombie thing, but that game pulls it off well. That little girl has a potty mouth, yo. Time to do the 5GB update for Uncharted. At 2.5 megs down, that'll only take about 4 hours. :lol2:

Any system tips or tricks I should know? I turned off that setting to do system updates while in Rest Mode because I've heard that people have had issues with that.

Any system tips or tricks I should know? I turned off that setting to do system updates while in Rest Mode because I've heard that people have had issues with that.

There aren't many tricks you could do with the ps4 to be honest. I never put my ps4 in rest mode ever. I turn it off.

I'm not a fan of the blinking orange light. It's distracting.

But I think they have since fix that issue. I think it came after update 2.0 or something.

The only time I ever put my ps4 in rest mode was when I was playing the 24 hours of lemans in project cars and when I came back the game froze anyways. Haven't tried it since.

Okay, so after playing The Last of Us for a little while, I'm not really enjoying it. I like the storytelling/characters, but man, it has been absolutely torturous to play through. At this rate, I doubt I'm going to bother finishing it.

Okay, so after playing The Last of Us for a little while, I'm not really enjoying it. I like the storytelling/characters, but man, it has been absolutely torturous to play through. At this rate, I doubt I'm going to bother finishing it.
It's totally worth it. One of the best games ever made. You will seriously regret not finishing it!

It's totally worth it. One of the best games ever made. You will seriously regret not finishing it!
Every time I turn it on, I get one step closer to snapping the game disc in half. It has happened before. It's probably best if I just put it down and forget about it for now.

I would have been better off just watching someone else play it. Too bad I didn't realize that until after I paid for it.

Every time I turn it on, I get one step closer to snapping the game disc in half. It has happened before. It's probably best if I just put it down and forget about it for now.

I would have been better off just watching someone else play it. Too bad I didn't realize that until after I paid for it.
Is it the slow pace that's getting on your nerves? It takes a few hours for this game to "pick up" much like most story-heavy games. I might also suggest indulging yourself in some brews while playing it.

Is it the slow pace that's getting on your nerves? It takes a few hours for this game to "pick up" much like most story-heavy games. I might also suggest indulging yourself in some brews while playing it.
LOL.

The pace isn't bothering me at all - it's the clunky controls. It really kills the combat for me. I get that they wanted to put an emphasis on being stealthy and slowly sneaking around. I have no problem with that. It's the sections where they force you to fight that frustrate me to no end. I even tried putting the difficulty on Easy (I've been playing on Normal) and saw no difference whatsoever.

Being killed over and over while trying to figure out exactly how to get through each section isn't an enjoyable experience for me. When I finally succeed, I don't feel satisfied. I feel like I got lucky, and I'm just glad because it's the longest possible time before I'll have to do it again.

I don't have the patience for this, man.

So you're mad at the game for sucking basically? LOL

When dealing with the infected, avoid unless you are force to deal with them. Look around for shivs. Those are one kill hits.

Dealing with humans is a lot harder imo because they're mostly in pack but they also have patterns and you can take them down individually when they go into a section by themselves.

As far as the controls, this plays almost exactly like Uncharted. I'm sort of a master with those games so I guess it was easier for me.

Yep. I don't have much patience for tedious gaming experiences these days. After a frustrating day at work, the last thing I want to do is turn on a game and get even more frustrated. LOL.

As far as the controls, this plays almost exactly like Uncharted. I'm sort of a master with those games so I guess it was easier for me.
Not a good sign. :(

I was hoping that Uncharted would be more like the new Tomb Raider games. I did pretty well with Rise of the Tomb Raider. I didn't die nearly as much in that one as I have in this game.

Like I said, I dig the interactions between Joel and Ellie. That's literally the only reason I'm still playing.

Not a good sign. :(

I was hoping that Uncharted would be more like the new Tomb Raider games. I did pretty well with Rise of the Tomb Raider. I didn't die nearly as much in that one as I have in this game.

I mean as far as the shooting goes. Uncharted is fairly easy. And I mean you can take A LOT of bullets before you die. In fact, you are likely to have more accidental deaths than enemy deaths. LOL

You'll enjoy Uncharted for sure. It doesn't take half the focus The Last of Us needs of you.

I mean as far as the shooting goes. Uncharted is fairly easy. And I mean you can take A LOT of bullets before you die. In fact, you are likely to have more accidental deaths than enemy deaths. LOL

You'll enjoy Uncharted for sure. It doesn't take half the focus The Last of Us needs of you.
Sounds good. We'll see, I guess.

If all else fails, I think I'll have fun with Final Fantasy X-2 this time around. I have it for the PS2 but never finished it, although I got much further than any of my friends did. I feel like no one played that game despite there being nonstop ads for it when it came out.

When dealing with the infected, avoid unless you are force to deal with them. Look around for shivs. Those are one kill hits.

Dealing with humans is a lot harder imo because they're mostly in pack but they also have patterns and you can take them down individually when they go into a section by themselves.

The patterns is why I quit playing the game. It seemed like every enemy/bad guy/infected had a preset route that they would take and it was very easy to figure out and out maneuver them. It felt like playing a Super Nintendo game, in that regard. I prefer the enemy AI to be a bit more random in their methods/patterns. It makes the game more challenging.

Life is Strange season 2 is on.

But there's a catch!

"Everyone's asking that question, and the short answer is a guess for end January 2016 at the earliest and more realistically January 2017 at the latest," the publication claimed."

"Life Is Strange" co-director Michel Koch also hinted that "Life is Strange" season 2 will revolve around a new set of characters.

"We can really go with other characters, other locations, but still keep the identity of the game, the themes of the game," he said.

Koch said that the story of Max and other major characters of the game have already been closed in the last episode. This means that "Life is Strange" season 2 if made, will center around a new group of characters."

No Max or Chloe though.

@Mr. Gregory

Damn that's too bad. I felt like they could defenitely do more with those characters.

http://www.youthhealthmag.com/articles/38284/20160211/life-is-strange-season-2.htm

Life is Strange season 2 is on.

But there's a catch!

"Everyone's asking that question, and the short answer is a guess for end January 2016 at the earliest and more realistically January 2017 at the latest," the publication claimed."

"Life Is Strange" co-director Michel Koch also hinted that "Life is Strange" season 2 will revolve around a new set of characters.

"We can really go with other characters, other locations, but still keep the identity of the game, the themes of the game," he said.

Koch said that the story of Max and other major characters of the game have already been closed in the last episode. This means that "Life is Strange" season 2 if made, will center around a new group of characters."

No Max or Chloe though.

@Mr. Gregory

Damn that's too bad. I felt like they could defenitely do more with those characters.

http://www.youthhealthmag.com/articles/38284/20160211/life-is-strange-season-2.htm
This is good news!

I see where the developers are coming from. As much as I love Max, Chloe, and Kate, I feel like the story wrapped up pretty conclusively regardless of which choice you picked in the end. It makes sense for them to do new characters, although it'll be a little weird to have the same exact type of story with totally different characters.

Let's see what they come up with.

This is good news!

I see where the developers are coming from. As much as I love Max, Chloe, and Kate, I feel like the story wrapped up pretty conclusively regardless of which choice you picked in the end. It makes sense for them to do new characters, although it'll be a little weird to have the same exact type of story with totally different characters.

Let's see what they come up with.

They'll probably come up with a different type of mechanic. No more time traveling.

Maybe supernatural this time around with some kind of super powers involve.

They'll probably come up with a different type of mechanic. No more time traveling.

Maybe supernatural this time around with some kind of super powers involve.
Yeah, we'll see, man. Hopefully they can somehow recapture the magic from the first one. Someone brought up a good point in the comments - they could have at least kept Max around, and maybe have her move to a new town or something. Or they could have done it like Mass Effect, where your choices from the first game impact what happens in the next game. That would have been cool.

I almost bought Life is Strange again for the PS4 but backed out. It was that good.

I'm finally getting into The Last of Us. I got tired of running out of ammo so I scaled the difficulty back. No regrets. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I love the father-daughter dynamic between Joel and Ellie.

Yeah, we'll see, man. Hopefully they can somehow recapture the magic from the first one. Someone brought up a good point in the comments - they could have at least kept Max around, and maybe have her move to a new town or something. Or they could have done it like Mass Effect, where your choices from the first game impact what happens in the next game. That would have been cool.

I almost bought Life is Strange again for the PS4 but backed out. It was that good.

I'm finally getting into The Last of Us. I got tired of running out of ammo so I scaled the difficulty back. No regrets. I have nothing to prove to anyone.

I dont know how you feel about The Walking Dead but those are really good, too. Amazing actually.

It's another experience entirely but **** if it isn't good. They heavely emphasize on story telling rather than gameplay. There are already 2 seasons of the Walking Dead with a third planned.

The Wolf Among Us is also another classic you could try.

I love these episodic games.

Yeah man, do you with The Last of Us. The story beats the gameplay so just enjoy for it. It really wraps up neatly. You will cry by the end of it. lol

I dont know how you feel about The Walking Dead but those are really good, too. Amazing actually.

It's another experience entirely but **** if it isn't good. They heavely emphasize on story telling rather than gameplay. There are already 2 seasons of the Walking Dead with a third planned.

The Wolf Among Us is also another classic you could try.

I love these episodic games.

Yeah man, do you with The Last of Us. The story beats the gameplay so just enjoy for it. It really wraps up neatly. You will cry by the end of it. lol
I never got into The Walking Dead because I'm really not big on the whole zombie thing. I do like the idea of episodic/choose your own adventure games, though. That's basically what most action adventure/shooting games have become anyway - interactive films. Cutscene, corridor, cutscene, corridor, cutscene, boss fight, cutscene...a lot of gamers don't like that, but I'm cool with it.

I never got into The Walking Dead because I'm really not big on the whole zombie thing. I do like the idea of episodic/choose your own adventure games, though. That's basically what most action adventure/shooting games have become anyway - interactive films. Cutscene, corridor, cutscene, corridor, cutscene, boss fight, cutscene...a lot of gamers don't like that, but I'm cool with it.

I like those games.

I am used to long cutscenes and games that rely more on story telling than gameplay. Metal Gear Solid taught me well. lol

I had Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain for the PS3. Those are more cinematic than gameplay.

I have Until Dawn for the PS4. Neat game but short.

You can have it if you want. I could send it to you via mail if you're interested. I platted it so there isn't anything more I can do with it.

I like those games.

I am used to long cutscenes and games that rely more on story telling than gameplay. Metal Gear Solid taught me well. lol

I had Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain for the PS3. Those are more cinematic than gameplay.

I have Until Dawn for the PS4. Neat game but short.

You can have it if you want. I could send it to you via mail if you're interested. I platted it so there isn't anything more I can do with it.
I'm good, man. I'm not big on survival/horror games. Thanks, but no thanks.

Well, I actually got through The Last of Us. The story/cutscenes were great, the ending was great, and I loved seeing the relationship between Joel and Ellie develop over time. I think one playthrough was enough for me, though. Never again. Good grief.

I got Mirror's Edge Catalyst today. It's pretty much what I wanted the original Mirror's Edge to be. There's a story, but you're a runner and you actually do runner stuff, like delivery missions and whatnot. I'm diggin' it.

Faith looks really good this time around. She's pretty, but not hyper-sexualized.

I got Mirror's Edge Catalyst today. It's pretty much what I wanted the original Mirror's Edge to be. There's a story, but you're a runner and you actually do runner stuff, like delivery missions and whatnot. I'm diggin' it.

Faith looks really good this time around. She's pretty, but not hyper-sexualized.

I heard this game was pretty short.

I heard this game was pretty short.
The first one was too, and it was still easily one of the best games I've ever played. I must have beaten it about a hundred times.

Mirror's Edge is actually like a racing game. It has always been about time trials. Get from point A to point B. Now find another route and do it faster. Now perfect your line on that route. Lather, rinse, repeat. I like games like that.

@FLRacingFan If this doesn't make you wanna get a PS4 then you cant feel.

This looks like a completely new concept from the Gran Turismo people. I am ****** excited.

I was thinking about making the jump to get Dark Souls 3 and the newest Fallout and Witcher, but I've delayed that for awhile. I had some Gamestop gift cards that I hadn't used and I picked up a stack of cheap 360 games that I had wanted to play but had never gotten around to getting. Skyrim, three or four Assassin's Creed games, several Call of Duty's, and some others for like $1.99 to $3.99 apiece. And I had some others in my backlog that I hadn't played already.

I was thinking about making the jump to get Dark Souls 3 and the newest Fallout and Witcher, but I've delayed that for awhile. I had some Gamestop gift cards that I hadn't used and I picked up a stack of cheap 360 games that I had wanted to play but had never gotten around to getting. Skyrim, three or four Assassin's Creed games, several Call of Duty's, and some others for like $1.99 to $3.99 apiece. And I had some others in my backlog that I hadn't played already.
Yeah, I delayed it and stuck with the 360 for the longest possible time too. Rise of the Tomb Raider was an excellent last hurrah for that console IMO and kept it going for me for a while, as did Virtua Tennis 4, which I finally figured out how to play. After that, I started getting burned out. Gaming literally became something to do while listening to music, which is my real passion these days.

I knew I was eventually going to buy a PS4, but if not for Mirror's Edge Catalyst coming out, I would have continued to wait. I really only bought those other games because I was getting the console, but thankfully, I don't have buyer's remorse - not even with The Last of Us. There are a couple more games that are out now and some that will come out in the future that I'd like to play, and now that I actually have a PS4, I'm much more inclined to buy those games.

Yeah, I delayed it and stuck with the 360 for the longest possible time too. Rise of the Tomb Raider was an excellent last hurrah for that console IMO and kept it going for me for a while, as did Virtua Tennis 4, which I finally figured out how to play. After that, I started getting burned out. Gaming literally became something to do while listening to music, which is my real passion these days.

Overall, I think the 360 has the best game library of any system ever. I hate it that it's hit the end of the line. I'm leaning toward getting a new lighter guitar amp instead of any system right now; moving mine is heavy and hard on the back, and a new amp is cheaper than either a roadie or a gym membership.

Overall, I think the 360 has the best game library of any system ever. I hate it that it's hit the end of the line. I'm leaning toward getting a new lighter guitar amp instead of any system right now; moving mine is heavy and hard on the back, and a new amp is cheaper than either a roadie or a gym membership.
Yeah, the 360 started off poorly with the whole Red Ring of Death fiasco, but in the end, it had an awesome run.

Honestly, the last generation was just really good overall. Rise of the Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy XIII, Mirror's Edge, Test Drive Unlimited, Life is Strange (which I did end up buying again for the PS4), and even Dead or Alive 5 are some of the best games I've ever played. SSX and The Sims 3 were a lot of fun too, as was Harvest Moon: Animal Parade for the Wii, which I still play on the Wii U.

I would say that unless there's some game out there that you really, really want to play on one of the new systems, you might as well just wait. It's not like these consoles are going anywhere anytime soon, and they're only going to get cheaper as time passes.

I saw a little gameplay of Mirror's Edge last night. It reminded me of Remember Me.

I got the same vibe from it. It has that cyberpunk feel to it.

I saw a little gameplay of Mirror's Edge last night. It reminded me of Remember Me.

I got the same vibe from it. It has that cyberpunk feel to it.

Yep. They're both set in the not too distant future.

Remember Me was made by the same people that made Life is Strange. It wasn't perfect, but I definitely appreciated what they were trying to do, and I enjoyed the game. I loved the story, the art style, and the music. The gameplay was simplistic, but fun, and the game wasn't overly difficult.

Catalyst is a really fun game so far.

Back
Top Bottom