Video Game thread

Man, I love Nürburgring Nordschleife. I've been racing on that track for the last couple of days in Project Cars 2. I never committed to learning it in other games, because it was just too darn long. I wasn't going to sit around learning over 70 or 80 turns. I've finally learned it, and man, it is so much fun. It might just be my new favorite track in the game (current favorite is LeMans).

Next step will be to try it in the rain. I actually haven't raced any tracks in the rain yet. Hopefully I'll fare better than this guy. :lol2:

I’m obsessed with the Indycar racing on this game. Just love how those things handle, you can take them so hard into turns compared to a stock car

God of War 3 reviews are out. Pretty much unanimous consent that this is game of the year.

Cant wait for next week.

Man, I love Nürburgring Nordschleife. I've been racing on that track for the last couple of days in Project Cars 2. I never committed to learning it in other games, because it was just too darn long. I wasn't going to sit around learning over 70 or 80 turns. I've finally learned it, and man, it is so much fun. It might just be my new favorite track in the game (current favorite is LeMans).

Next step will be to try it in the rain. I actually haven't raced any tracks in the rain yet. Hopefully I'll fare better than this guy. :lol2:

Get DIRT Rally and master Pikes Peak next. Such a blast

God of War 3 reviews are out. Pretty much unanimous consent that this is game of the year.

Cant wait for next week.

Did I say God of War 3? I meant 4 obviously.

Get DIRT Rally and master Pikes Peak next. Such a blast
Oh, I bought Dirt Rally well before I bought Project Cars 2. I hated it at first but it grew on me over time. I should fire it back up and learn Pikes Peak. I would assume that if you can learn the Nordschleife, you can learn just about any other track.

I actually haven't been playing Project Cars 2 lately. I've been busy with (W)NBA Live, NBA 2K18, Everybody's Golf, and Breasteses: The Game Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash. :D

Oh, I bought Dirt Rally well before I bought Project Cars 2. I hated it at first but it grew on me over time. I should fire it back up and learn Pikes Peak. I would assume that if you can learn the Nordschleife, you can learn just about any other track.

I actually haven't been playing Project Cars 2 lately. I've been busy with (W)NBA Live, NBA 2K18, Everybody's Golf, and Breasteses: The Game Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash. :D

Lol...

I wonder why you play that?;)

Lol...

I wonder why you play that?;)
I actually liked the last game, Breasteses Warriors Estival Versus, better. It had Dynasty Warriors-style gameplay, whereas Peach Beach Splash is a shooter, which I'm not typically a fan of (they use water guns).

I didn't really like it at first and even deleted it from my PS4 hard drive at one point, but I gave it another chance a week or two ago, and it's actually not terrible at all. I love most of the characters and can honestly take or leave all of the undressing silliness. It's just a nice, chill game to play while listening to music, like The Sims 4.

Went to Target today and noticed that they had at least eight of the SNES classics on their shelf. The craze must be over? At least until Christmas comes back around...

F1 2017 was totally worth getting, especially since I got it for 70% off!
The career and championships modes have reached a new peak. They are even better than they have ever been in any other Codemasters F1 game. Championships come in many different forms, whether it's the regular 2017 Formula One World Championship season, or a showdown between many classic, famous F1 cars, or even a Formula Two like series in which there are double-header races to compete in. There's even more to come. I am really digging what I am seeing so far. Not to mention the fact that there is more of a purpose than ever to actually compete in the practice sessions in career mode. I've never been able to influence the development and speed of the car like I am able to in F1 2017. To those of you have not gotten it yet, you've gotta get it. Go one further, and get it on the XBOX One so we can play together! :p

I'm trying to decide whether or not to get Horizon Zero Dawn. I got burned out with action-adventure games after the last Tomb Raider game. I loved the platforming and puzzles in that game (the tombs were awesome), but I hated the combat, especially towards the end of the main game. I felt the same way about the original Tomb Raider reboot. After watching some gameplay, it looks like another Tomb Raider - fun, but potentially frustrating.

Meeanwhile, Tennis World Tour comes out this month, and I'm probably going to want that. I'm not getting both.

Bought Sea of Thieves a couple days ago, it was frustrating at first but now it's kind of fun since I've halfway figured out how to play it.

So, I decided not to get Horizon Zero Dawn yet. I think I'm over action/adventure games at this point. I ended up taking a chance on UFC 3 instead. A lot of people are saying it's horrible, and maybe my opinion will change at some point down the road, but so far, I'm absolutely loving it.

It's a pretty difficult game, and the fact that I don't follow UFC (or MMA in general) certainly hasn't helped me any. I do have some fighting game knowledge, but this game is an entirely different beast. Still, I feel like I learn something new and get better every day I play it. It's so much fun and feels so rewarding when you score a KO or submission victory.

Naturally, I've been using the women for the most part and am slowly starting to learn some of their names. So far, I'm really digging Joanna Jędrzejczyk. She's fun to use. Of course, I like Ronda Rousey too, since she was the only one who I was even remotely familiar with before playing the game, mostly due to seeing her in WWE.

Got a good deal at GameStop today. Got Borderlands, The Pre-Sequel, and Borderlands 2 together for less than $20. Crazy, considering that Modern Warfare Remastered was sitting close to it and cost an outrageous $38.00!

Then, I was informed that Borderlands 3 will be coming out next month.
Interesting turn of events.
You know what I will spend plenty of time on next...

Playing Detroit Become Human at the moment. Great game.

Quantic Dream makes another gem. I like how their games is something between a movie and game but not quite either.

The graphics are really off the charts in this one.

Playing Detroit Become Human at the moment. Great game.

Quantic Dream makes another gem. I like how their games is something between a movie and game but not quite either.

The graphics are really off the charts in this one.
As much as I like Kara, I think I'll pass for now. I tried the demo, saw what I was in for, and was like "ehh, maybe later." I think I'm going to get Nier: Automata before I touch that.

I just picked up MotoGP 18. That game is pretty good. Challenging, but good. Same with Supercross: The Game, which I finally started playing today. I couldn't figure Supercross out until I turned the assists off. They were really messing me up.

As much as I like Kara, I think I'll pass for now. I tried the demo, saw what I was in for, and was like "ehh, maybe later." I think I'm going to get Nier: Automata before I touch that.

I just picked up MotoGP 18. That game is pretty good. Challenging, but good. Same with Supercross: The Game, which I finally started playing today. I couldn't figure Supercross out until I turned the assists off. They were really messing me up.

Oh yeah. If you had to choose which game then the choice is..no choice. You get Automata. That game is fun as hell. And it's 3 times as long as Detroit and maybe 5x longer if you are a completionist. Nier Automata has 20+ endings and the true ending is the hardest to get.

I'm going to play God of War next.

The PSN Store finally made me an offer I couldn't refuse for Horizon Zero Dawn. The Complete Edition, which includes The Frozen Wilds Expansion and some other little goodies, just went down to $20. I went ahead and bought it.

I've been a little burned out with regard to action/adventure games since playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider on the 360 a few years ago, but for $20 for what pretty much everyone has said is an amazing game, I figure I can't really go wrong.

I also picked up Gravity Rush 2 for $13, even though I haven't finished playing through the first one yet.

Still waiting for the digital edition of Nier: Automata to drop in price. I was surprised that it wasn't included in the PSN E3 sale that's going on right now.

I'm enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn so far, but I've been spending most of my time over the last few days playing BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle. I'm generally not a big fan of tag team fighting games, but they did a really good job with this one. The button inputs are so easy compared to other fighting games - the complexity lies in mastering the timing, particularly of the tag team attacks/assists and other stuff you can do. It's got a ton of charm and is so much fun. Even the intro is friggin' great.

Finally started playing God of War. My god is that game impressive in all measured scales. Weird seem Kratos act like a dad.

A true journey of son and father.

I'm still loving BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, but I've been spending more time with Supercross: The Game lately. I bought MXGP Pro the other day, but I'm enjoying the Supercross game a lot more so far. The bike just feels a lot less finicky in Supercross than in MXGP Pro, the AI isn't nearly as difficult, and the collisions aren't as wonky.

I used my seven day free trial of PS Now to play Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational. It's too bad that it isn't available as a downloadable PSN game. I would buy it if it was, but I don't think I'll be going out of my way to get a PS3 just to be able to play it without the slight PS Now lag. I'll just stick to Everybody's Golf.

During the trial, I also played some Assetto Corsa, and I liked it enough to buy it. I got the Ultimate Edition for $30, which includes all of the DLC. The handling feels good right out of the box with a controller and, so far, feels more realistic than Project Cars 2. Looking forward to driving the Mazda 787B, Maserati MC12, and many other cars. :)

Yeah, I found out that the previous Hot Shots Golf game was also released on the PS3, so I just went out and picked up a PS3 Super Slim for like $120. I guess I know what I'll be doing all weekend! :)

Oh man, got this today.

IMG_0851.JPG

This is a port with minor improvements but I'll take it. I love this series and I am thrilled they decided to re-release it while Shenmue 3 is in the oven baking real nice.

After watching a bunch of Super GT's Gran Turismo Sport YouTube videos, and after learning that a decent amount of offline content has been patched into it, I bought the game. They went through the exact same thing that Street Fighter V went through. They basically tried to make it an online only, online competition-focused game, and a bunch of people were like "yo, where the offline content at?"

It's my first Gran Turismo game since Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2, and it feels good to be playing something from this series again. I've only played it for a couple of hours, getting Golds on the license tests and doing a brief time trial, but I'm enjoying it so far. If the game had initially been released in its current state, I probably would have passed on Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. There are things that both of those games do better in my opinion (the car sounds, for one), but since Gran Turismo Sport is more of a simcade game than those two, it's just so much more accessible with a controller.

I also pre-ordered NBA Live 19, which I believe comes out in a few days. The demo is pretty fun, and the gameplay/overall feel has slightly improved. The tipping point for me over NBA 2K19 was the inclusion of the WNBA (again) and the fact that you can now create a female player and play "The One" mode with her (single and multiplayer career mode that is similar to 2K's MyPark/Playground mode).

Getting Spider Man tomorrow or Wednesday.

Okay, wow, I just got Gold on all of the license tests in GT Sport. Either they were super easy or Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa, and Dirt Rally have taught me very well. LOL.

Okay, wow, I just got Gold on all of the license tests in GT Sport. Either they were super easy or Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa, and Dirt Rally have taught me very well. LOL.
I havent bothered with the test's yet, I had the beta for GT Sport and did them then, I keep telling myself I should do them now.

I havent bothered with the test's yet, I had the beta for GT Sport and did them then, I keep telling myself I should do them now.
I remember some of the license tests in Gran Turismo 3 and 4 being pretty friggin' hard. Other people's thoughts on the difficulty of the tests are a mixed bag - some people say they're super easy, and others say they're really hard. I think my experience playing those other driving games probably helped a ton. I've just found the cars so much easier to drive in this game. I feel like I can do just about anything I want in them.

I actually don't mind the engine sounds either. As always, the race cars have that transmission whine that I love. I was honestly blown away by the graphics, at least as far as the cars are concerned. I've gotten used to racing games with lower frame rates and worse graphics, so when the opening movie was playing, I was like "there's no way that the actual game is going to look like that." Ha ha.

I did a few Arcade Mode quick races tonight, and that will probably be where I spend the bulk of my time with this game. It's really fun. I doubt I'll play it online at all, though. Been there, done that.

Spider Man is a fun ass game.

I dont usually mess around with photo mode but the one in this game has a lot of stuff in and fun to mess around with.

DmnD_VEU8AAPyXK.jpg:large

Spider Man is a fun ass game.

I dont usually mess around with photo mode but the one in this game has a lot of stuff in and fun to mess around with.

DmnD_VEU8AAPyXK.jpg:large

I been playing "wolfenstein 3d" and the old "doom" ...... FPS games and a real blast

I remember some of the license tests in Gran Turismo 3 and 4 being pretty friggin' hard. Other people's thoughts on the difficulty of the tests are a mixed bag - some people say they're super easy, and others say they're really hard. I think my experience playing those other driving games probably helped a ton. I've just found the cars so much easier to drive in this game. I feel like I can do just about anything I want in them.

I actually don't mind the engine sounds either. As always, the race cars have that transmission whine that I love. I was honestly blown away by the graphics, at least as far as the cars are concerned. I've gotten used to racing games with lower frame rates and worse graphics, so when the opening movie was playing, I was like "there's no way that the actual game is going to look like that." Ha ha.

I did a few Arcade Mode quick races tonight, and that will probably be where I spend the bulk of my time with this game. It's really fun. I doubt I'll play it online at all, though. Been there, done that.
I recall a few of the being not hard, but took a few tries to get, I just find them mind numbing boring doing them, at least in Sport, the ones I did in the beta I didnt really have fun compared to the ones in the GT5/6, I never played 3/4.

I do agree with your assertion that cars are bit easy to driver in Sport , I find them being easier to drive from 6 , and thats not a bad thing. I have no complaints with the graphics or engine sounds .

I will be doing the campaign mood , I wont really bother with the online racing part either, have no desire, and I hear its still pretty bad , or it was, a lot dirty drivers.

I recall a few of the being not hard, but took a few tries to get, I just find them mind numbing boring doing them, at least in Sport, the ones I did in the beta I didnt really have fun compared to the ones in the GT5/6, I never played 3/4.

I do agree with your assertion that cars are bit easy to driver in Sport , I find them being easier to drive from 6 , and thats not a bad thing. I have no complaints with the graphics or engine sounds .

I will be doing the campaign mood , I wont really bother with the online racing part either, have no desire, and I hear its still pretty bad , or it was, a lot dirty drivers.
I started downloading the beta but then heard that it was always online, so I was like "nope."

I wasn't bored by the license tests, only because I haven't played a Gran Turismo game in more than ten years, so they're essentially fresh to me. I also want to make sure that I figure out the handling. I breezed through the license tests in a day or two and just Golded everything in Circuit Experiences mode, which teaches you how to get around all of the tracks. I love optional tutorial modes like this in games. They make you a better player.

I almost feel silly spending the extra ten bucks on the Digital Deluxe Edition, which starts you off with 2 million credits and gives you a bunch of bonus cars (including the ridiculous SRT Tomahawk), because I've already earned about 6 million credits and have received a ton of bonus cars just by fully completing those two modes. Doing so also gets you to a sufficient level to unlock all of the tracks for use in Single Player mode, which helps a lot.

I've started doing those Misson Challenges, but I don't know how far I'll go with that. We'll see.

I been playing "wolfenstein 3d" and the old "doom" ...... FPS games and a real blast

Some guy made Wolfenstein 3D into VR on the pc, it's pretty cool actually. It's neat when they take the old games like that and make them VR, it totally changes the game.

Forza Horizon 4 demo, incredible fun. Might be the best looking game out there right now, can't wait to see the rest of it.

Nier: Automata is finally on sale again on the PS Store, for $30 for PS Plus members. Yoink!

Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

I'm probably one of the only people here excited for WWE 2K19 coming out in a few weeks. Already got it pre-ordered, can't wait for Midnight Oct 5th(you know, the second it hits midnight on the 4th and it becomes the 5th lol) as I got the digital deluxe edition, which lets me play 4 days early from the release date of it, which is the 9th...plus since it's digital it will already be downloaded and ready as soon as it hits midnight.

Back
Top Bottom