Video Game thread

Nowadays screen size is irrelevant to graphic output, so get whatever fits your budget.
Thanks for that info. Is there very much difference in the performance between the different racing wheels?

Thanks for that info. Is there very much difference in the performance between the different racing wheels?

The entry level wheels there is minor differences. To jump from a entry level wheel to a professional what they call direct drive wheel is a major jump in feel, and price as well. I have a Thrustmaster T300 Gt wheel and pedals, it works with the ps4, as well as pc. The logitech G920 works with the xbox one, and pc if you go that route. Or you can go the direct drive route which get into the thousands. I'm not for sure how serious you was looking to get into it. Starting out, I'd probably go with something like the Thrustmaster T300 gt. Check out IRacing Flea Market on facebook, they buy and sell sim racing items on their.

The entry level wheels there is minor differences. To jump from a entry level wheel to a professional what they call direct drive wheel is a major jump in feel, and price as well. I have a Thrustmaster T300 Gt wheel and pedals, it works with the ps4, as well as pc. The logitech G920 works with the xbox one, and pc if you go that route. Or you can go the direct drive route which get into the thousands. I'm not for sure how serious you was looking to get into it. Starting out, I'd probably go with something like the Thrustmaster T300 gt. Check out IRacing Flea Market on facebook, they buy and sell sim racing items on their.
Thanks, you are a big help there are so many different items to choose from and I don't have a clue. :)

I have decided to get the PS4 Pro and now I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to just purchase another tv or get a monitor. Is there anything I need to know before purchasing one? Should I make sure it has 4k or HD or anything else you might know of to point me in the right direction so I purchase the correct one?

That's a good choice, I was going to get back with you and tell you I think you would like the ps4 pro, but forgot to. The Gran turismo sport game has come a long way since it was first brought out, and is a very fun game, make sure you pick it up for some fun sports car racing.

Here is the exact TV I have, I've had it for a year and a half, and I love it. For the price, the TCL brand is hard to beat. It's a 55 inch 4k for 300 bucks, and the image is very quick for gaming, which is nice to have, no slow lag. Personally I'd go with a 4k tv, the ps4 pro looks great on the 4k stuff.

That's a good choice, I was going to get back with you and tell you I think you would like the ps4 pro, but forgot to. The Gran turismo sport game has come a long way since it was first brought out, and is a very fun game, make sure you pick it up for some fun sports car racing.

Here is the exact TV I have, I've had it for a year and a half, and I love it. For the price, the TCL brand is hard to beat. It's a 55 inch 4k for 300 bucks, and the image is very quick for gaming, which is nice to have, no slow lag. Personally I'd go with a 4k tv, the ps4 pro looks great on the 4k stuff.

Thanks. I can only fit about a 24'' tv or monitor where I'm planning on putting it... or is that to small? If I need a larger screen then I would just hook it up to my Sony tv in a different room.

Last edited:
I'd probably go with a gaming monitor if you are getting something that small. Probably just type 24" gaming monitor in on amazon. I personally always had good luck with Asus monitors, and liked the colors on them.

Last edited:
I've been playing a lot of Gran Turismo Sport over the last few days, primarily doing the endurance races. They're so much fun, and at an hour each, they're just long enough without becoming tedious. I love saving fuel and tires in that game, and with the recent additions of Laguna Seca and Spa, it's finally got a nice, solid selection of tracks.

Switching gears to RPGs, I signed up for the 7 day free trial of PS Now yesterday. I wanted to try out one of the Atelier games, which I've never played before, before I take a chance on buying one. I'm loving Atelier Rorona after going into it thinking that it would be way too complicated and difficult and that I wouldn't like it.

It's actually a really chill game with some pretty good music and a fairly laid-back story (so far, anyway). You're an alchemist - you combine random loot/items of varying quality that you find in the world and through turn-based battles to make new stuff. It plays like a combination of Persona (with the calendar time limit system and required assignments you have to clear) and Harvest Moon (with the whole alchemy/synthesizing bit).

I'm now trying Atelier Ayesha, which has a sadder story than Rorona. Right now, of the two, I'm definitely leaning towards buying Rorona once I get my tax refund.

So I've been debating getting a new console, I haven't upgraded since the Xbox 360 I've had since high school. At this point does it make more sense to just wait until the new consoles launch at the end of the year?

I'm also in the market for an original Xbox mine broke years ago but I still have my games and some I've been wanting to play that are obscure enough racing games that they never were made backwards compatible even with Xbox One.

So I've been debating getting a new console, I haven't upgraded since the Xbox 360 I've had since high school. At this point does it make more sense to just wait until the new consoles launch at the end of the year?

I'm also in the market for an original Xbox mine broke years ago but I still have my games and some I've been wanting to play that are obscure enough racing games that they never were made backwards compatible even with Xbox One.
Definitely worth waiting a year or more to buy the next gen console. Usually they drop in price a decent amount within a year and there are generally no truly good games the first year of a new console cycle. Xbox One is worth the investment even if you plan on upgrading

Definitely worth waiting a year or more to buy the next gen console. Usually they drop in price a decent amount within a year and there are generally no truly good games the first year of a new console cycle. Xbox One is worth the investment even if you plan on upgrading
I need a new computer more at the moment lol I'm using a laptop from 2008 still. I did order an original Xbox off Amazon tonight so I can play some of my old stuff I still have.

I need a new computer more at the moment lol I'm using a laptop from 2008 still. I did order an original Xbox off Amazon tonight so I can play some of my old stuff I still have.
You honestly would have been better off getting a One because nearly all original Xbox and 360 games are backwards compatible, plus used One's are pretty cheap now.

You honestly would have been better off getting a One because nearly all original Xbox and 360 games are backwards compatible, plus used One's are pretty cheap now.
My research indicated not all games are backward compatible.

Should have bought a PS4. They're dirt cheap these days.

400 for a 1TB pro with with 3 game of the year games included in God of War, The Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn.

EDIT:
You cant post amazon links? lol

I still have all my old xbox games and have been wanting to play my Toca Racing 3, that's why I went with the old xbox

Got my new old Xbox first game out of the back of the cabinet is TOCA Racing 3 one of my all time favorite racing games just for the wide variety of series it has.
20200509_224520.jpg

Got my new old Xbox first game out of the back of the cabinet is TOCA Racing 3 one of my all time favorite racing games just for the wide variety of series it has.View attachment 46792
If you have the original Halo=masterpiece or knights of the old Republic=masterpiece. You will not regret it. These games are dear to my heart.

If you have the original Halo=masterpiece or knights of the old Republic=masterpiece. You will not regret it. These games are dear to my heart.
I always played my friends halo so I never got it, I do have Halo 2 which I will probably play some

I always played my friends halo so I never got it, I do have Halo 2 which I will probably play some
Reach > 2 > 1 > 4 > ODST > 3 is my ranking for the games I've played in the series (Campaign only). Halo 1 has/had the best online multiplayer, followed closely by 4. All just my opinion

Reach > 2 > 1 > 4 > ODST > 3 is my ranking for the games I've played in the series (Campaign only). Halo 1 has/had the best online multiplayer, followed closely by 4. All just my opinion
Reach & 2 will always be vying for the top spot in my book. 3 actually wasn't all that bad, but ODST was pretty lackluster, and 4 was the lousy blueprint from which a starkly contrasting 5 would produced. It was not very good and strayed away from what we knew Halo to be, and seemed more like a wannabe space version of CoD.

The new console NASCAR game will be using rFactor (iRacing's cousin) technology as a building block.

Hopefully that brings a rise in quality

Wreckfest is a decent game. Good for killing time. Free on PS+ for PS4 and 5.

I would like to get a PS5 just for the Demon Souls game but my wife told me I am to old for video games. She's prolly right☹️

I would like to get a PS5 just for the Demon Souls game but my wife told me I am to old for video games. She's prolly right☹️
Woah...new Demon Souls game? Not gonna lie when I say I've been mostly out of the gaming loop for 5 years. The Xbox One and PS4's commitment to online, microtransactions, and constant game patches kind of killed gaming enjoyment for me.

Woah...new Demon Souls game? Not gonna lie when I say I've been mostly out of the gaming loop for 5 years. The Xbox One and PS4's commitment to online, microtransactions, and constant game patches kind of killed gaming enjoyment for me.

It's a remake of the first game for the PS5.

Has anyone heard recent rumors of GTA 6, Splinter Cell 7, Mass Effect 5, Fallout 5, or Witcher 4? I'm holding off on upgrading to the new console generation until any of those titles are released but most of the big name gaming sites have **** for legit rumors and info. Just wondering if anyone heard anything on Reddit or other social platforms

Has anyone heard recent rumors of GTA 6, Splinter Cell 7, Mass Effect 5, Fallout 5, or Witcher 4? I'm holding off on upgrading to the new console generation until any of those titles are released but most of the big name gaming sites have **** for legit rumors and info. Just wondering if anyone heard anything on Reddit or other social platforms

You’re going to wait 10 years then?

I did hear the GTA 6 rumors but Rockstar is too busy scheming money with their online component which people seem to be more than happy to pay for. As long as GTA 5 online is generating ridiculous amounts of money for them they don’t have any incentive to get off their asses.

Haven’t heard anything about the others. Bethesda is still recovering from their epic fail Fallout 76.

I usually wait 3-5 years for games and 5 years for consoles. It has saved me thousands of $ in my life and I never have to deal with unpatched games.
I pretty much just use up whatever console I have, which is currently an Xbox One that I got for my birthday some years back. It still works like a charm, and I like that you get to download whatever games you want right off of the Microsoft Store onto the console. So convenient. Besides the One, I still have a PS2 that runs so well, it’s age-defying. Debating on whether to keep it in my possession for years to come or sell it to someone who may use it more than I do.

Back
Top Bottom