Viking's Peterson Indicted

Certain RF members should be along shortly to claim that statistically this incident is irrelevant because of the sheer number of players in the NFL.

Certain RF members should be along shortly to claim that statistically this incident is irrelevant because of the sheer number of players in the NFL.
I thought it was irrelevant because he was punishing his own child with a switch. I was spanked, switched, forced to stay outside all day & fed soap. Who knew that was child abuse? Though that was called teaching a kid discipline & respect?

I thought it was irrelevant because he was punishing his own child with a switch. I was spanked, switched, forced to stay outside all day & fed soap. Who knew that was child abuse? Though that was called teaching a kid discipline & respect?
Jeez, could you imagine what would happen now if the little fatfux had to stay outside???? :eek:

Can't leave marks on the kid.
adrian-peterson-son-injuries-2.jpg

We got whooped with sticks, belts, hairbrushes. Ate Ivory bar soap. Got smacked in the mouth and upside the head. We had it coming, every single time.
Because of it, we didn't skip school, didn't walk around with our ass hanging out of our drawers, didn't cuss in front of mom, finished our plate of food, respected adults, did chores, etc.

Sheeeeit, if my mom ever saw me walking around with my drawers hangin' down and my boxers on display she'd hang a foot so far up my butt I'd be wearing my belt for a necklace.

We got whooped with sticks, belts, hairbrushes. Ate Ivory bar soap. Got smacked in the mouth and upside the head. We had it coming, every single time.
Because of it, we didn't skip school, didn't walk around with our ass hanging out of our drawers, didn't cuss in front of mom, finished our plate of food, respected adults, did chores, etc.
Same here.

So I guess we're all gonna hate Dale Earnhardt for forcing Jr. into military school instead of having a societal accepting childhood now. :sarcasm:

Same here being whooped growing up. I don't have children nor do I want any atm.
I've grown up with parents that told me to say, " Yes sir or no sir". Vice versa "yes ma'am or no ma'am"....

It surely makes a difference, but things are kind of coming to a head for the NFL lately. Whoopings are fine, but beatings or boarderline abuse is something else and should have even heavier reprocussions.

I've had a couple of marks, but it was nothing purposely done to hurt me.

I had my ass beat as a kid and have no issues with parents doing it today. I do have some issue with what was done to this four year old...
Peterson needs to be whipped with barbed wire.

Not saying he won't survive but the kid was only 4 years old?Plus here's more pics.
4729996_G.jpg
Thats excessive. I reckon thats how Adrian was punished when he was that age, and look how he came out? So its justifiable to punish his own child the same way? Idk.

But it is not our job to get involved in Peterson's home.

What a week for the NFL. Sounds like AP's quite a piece of sh*t too.

You asked why are there more cases of domestic violence involving non-NASCAR professional sports players than there are involving NASCAR drivers. It was pointed out to you that there are 1,700+ players in the NFL, compared to a couple hundred NASCAR drivers. You honestly think you won't have some bad apples in NASCAR if there was 1,700+ NASCAR drivers?

The pictures above depict more than discipline. Plus, four years old; what the hell could the kid have done to deserve that?

He pushed his sibling off a video game. Yeah, he got that, just for pushing his brother. Smh.

What a week for the NFL. Sounds like AP's quite a piece of sh*t too.

Reading comprehension is your friend. Nobody said anything about the Rice incident not being relevant. You asked why are there more cases of domestic violence involving non-NASCAR professional sports players than there are involving NASCAR drivers. It was pointed out to you that there are 1,700+ players in the NFL, compared to a couple hundred NASCAR drivers. You honestly think you won't have some bad apples in NASCAR if there was 1,700+ NASCAR drivers?
I decide who my friends are. My comprehension is fine. I certainly don't need a lesson from you ;)

I am not against controlled level headed corporal punishment. But this was over the top and savage. Probably administered with some anger.

My dad gave me 3 whippings, that is all it took. After it was over you wanted to make peace and resolve matters.

My mom spanked often and washed my potty mouth out with soap, and switched too. But it was just more of annoyance, she was small, and I was faster too so she usually lost most of her resolve or energy by the time she caught me.

I used it as a last option with my son, and only a few times. I would let him learn from his mistakes whenever possible . But if he was violating someone else or doing something dangerous like getting to close to the forbidden street when he was small, I did what I had to do. It never left a mark, and I never was angry. I just believed it was more loving to teach him that playing in the road was painful with my hand, than for a car to teach him. When they are young long explanations don't mean much, and some instant control is needed.

I think that is much different than what Peterson did to his boy. Corporal punishment done right is about teaching them to respect a few basic rules, part of the kids survival, and I think after they calm down they even will respect the parents for give them some guidance and structure.

But that is a million miles apart from scarring and torturing a kid. They have to know you still love them, and you will always be there for them. Beating one like Peterson did is more of an act of nonsense, and it is hard to believe there wasn't any rage involved.

I do not get any pleasure out his being charged, he may be sincerely wrong thinking he was right. But the 4 year doesn't need that abuse, and his needs outweighs my concern for Peterson. The kid doesn't need to live that way.

My dad gave me 3 whippings, that is all it took. After it was over you wanted to make peace and resolve matters.

My mom spanked often and washed my potty mouth out with soap, and switched too. But it was just more of annoyance, she was small, and I was faster too so she usually lost most of her resolve or energy by the time she caught me.

I used it as a last option with my son, and only a few times. I would let him learn from his mistakes whenever possible . But if he was violating someone else or doing something dangerous like getting to close to the forbidden street when he was small, I did what I had to do. It never left a mark, and I never was angry. I just believed it was more loving to teach him that playing in the road was painful with my hand, than for a car to teach him. When they are young long explanations don't mean much, and some instant control is needed.

I think that is much different than what Peterson did to his boy. Corporal punishment done right is about teaching them to respect a few basic rules, part of the kids survival, and I think after they calm down they even will respect the parents for give them some guidance and structure.

But that is a million miles apart from scarring and torturing a kid. They have to know you still love them, and you will always be there for them. Beating one like Peterson did is more of an act of nonsense, and it is hard to believe there wasn't any rage involved.

I do not get any pleasure out his being charged, he may be sincerely wrong thinking he was right. But the 4 year doesn't need that abuse, and his needs outweighs my concern for Peterson. The kid doesn't need to live that way.
Agreed.
My dad maybe spanked me twice in my life. At my mother's insistence. He hated it.
Mom, on the other hand, was fast, deliberate and steadfast.

Agreed.
My dad maybe spanked me twice in my life. At my mother's insistence. He hated it.
Mom, on the other hand, was fast, deliberate and steadfast.
Same here. I can count on one hand the number of times I got it from my parents. My parents believed in it, but my dad was the same way as yours and hated it. From what I remember and from everything they've told me, I was a good kid and stayed out of trouble for the most part. My little brothers got it a lot more than me.

We all turned out okay.

My parents never hit me.. I probably should have gotten spanked a couple times but it never happened. And I think I turned out alright...

I don't have a problem with parents spanking or even a legit asswhooping if justified, like your little 15 year old ball of love commits vandalism, or steals a damn car, etc... As far as this case goes.. That seems extremely excessive for a 4 year old..

I got a couple and my kid got 1.That is where I learned that phrase"This is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you" to be true.

You think AP felt really bad about it judging by those photos? Why are these RB's so crazy nowadaze?

pretty much the same here, actually was hit with anything parents could get their hands on at the time. not once was i told it was gonna hurt them more than me, and a couple of times, dad would take a break from whopping me and my 3 brothers and have to get back to us later...but my youngest brother did tell dad he was gonna report him once, so dad made an example out of him for that remark...brother never said that again.

Back
Top Bottom