Viking's Peterson Indicted

pretty much the same here, actually was hit with anything parents could get their hands on at the time. not once was i told it was gonna hurt them more than me, and a couple of times, dad would take a break from whopping me and my 3 brothers and have to get back to us later...but my youngest brother did tell dad he was gonna report him once, so dad made an example out of him for that remark...brother never said that again.

Daaaaaaayyyyyyyyuuuuuuummmmmmmm

was peterson wrong ? it was his kid who suffered.....not yours.
was rice wrong ? it was his now wife who suffered...not yours.
neither ran from what they did.
both in judicial system now ....where it belongs.
not in tha .....judge -n - jury .......by tmz / espn / nbc / etc..... protocol.

media are laughin their azz off ...at our reactions ....while makin $$ off of them.
sheeple public ...followin media pied piper !
just like germans did......w/ nazis

let our judicial system handle this ......not media.

media are laughin their azz off ...at our reactions ....while makin $$ off of them.

We're just sharing opinions and stories about our upbringings, as far as I can tell...

So I guess it his kid and he can treat him anyway he wants, including severe whippings that are beyond extreme, I don't think so.
And I can formulate my opinions myself, I don't rely on TMZ etc.
Rice and Peterson is two different topics. I think he is a piece of ****, but at least that one involves two consenting adults

Last of everyone here is letting law enforcement handle it, no renegade posses are being formed.

Last edited:
while sheeple public ...followin media pied piper !

This WTF comparison to put it kindly is Ironic at best.
We had a pretty good discussion going with a lot of reflection, over all a pretty good conversation imo

Then you come here with your sage advice that needs to reduce the sheeple to being manipulated like Germany was by Hitler in the 30s.

And if we have to go down that road: the sheeple stood back and did nothing as the weaker group was first shunned, then discriminated against, and then executed in mass production style . As in the weaker most defenseless part of society getting tortured.
And in both of your citied cases Rice, and Peterson come across as the Gustapos torturing someone much weaker( again just using your analogy, which is admittedly outlandish, and a planet of the apes analogy would have been just as relevant).

We had a pretty good discussion going with a lot of reflection, over all a pretty good conversation imo

Then you come here with your sage advice that needs to reduce the sheeple to being manipulated like Germany was by Hitler in the 30s.

And if we have to go down that road: the sheeple stood back and did nothing as the weaker group was first shunned, then discriminated against, and then executed in mass production style . As in the weaker most defenseless part of society getting tortured.
And in both of your citied cases Rice, and Peterson come across as the Gustapos torturing someone much weaker( again just using your analogy, which is admittedly outlandish, and a planet of the apes analogy would have been just as relevant).
image.jpg

So I guess it his kid and he can treat him anyway he wants, including severe whippings that are beyond extreme, I don't think so.
Rice and Peterson is two different topics. I think he is a piece of ****, but at least that one involves two consenting adults

Last of everyone here is letting law enforcement handle it, no renegade posses are being formed.

greg.....sorry if ya took my post as personal.
wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular .
just generalized remarks on how we get sucked into media's biased viewpoint .....way too often.

once someone has been branded by media / public opinion..... as xyz ....."can't unring tha bell "

" there......but for tha grace of god.....go i "

??? only you took it "literally ".

??? only you took it "literally ".

So you read all minds and know how everyone took your suggestions. They may just not have felt a Hitler like analogy about a serious issue deserved an answer.
The conversation was moderate and nobody was flipping out, and most expressed some respect for corporal punishment, it all seemed level headed to me.

Not sure how your Germany analogy offers any value for the context.
And this is no personal bigee to me. No hard feelings or apologies needed, I respect you for being a gentlemen about my strong feedback.
I just went after what I still believe to be a ridiculous point (note to add:, by the way I have posted some idiotic things myself that is a lot worse, that could easily be dug up).
But hey it is a free world and we can agree to disagree.
Unless less you have a question regarding my comments or thoughts, I have spoke my mind, and see no need to say any more, peace.

greg.....sorry if ya took my post as personal.
wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular .
just generalized remarks on how we get sucked into media's biased viewpoint .....way too often.

once someone has been branded by media / public opinion..... as xyz ....."can't unring tha bell "

" there......but for tha grace of god.....go i "

You are a true gentleman, your apologies are not necessary. You have been kinder than I have.

So you read all minds and know how everyone took your suggestions. They may just not have felt a Hitler like analogy about a serious issue deserved an answer.
The conversation was moderate and nobody was flipping out, and most expressed some respect for corporal punishment, it all seemed level headed to me.

Not sure how your Germany analogy offers any value for the context.
And this is no personal bigee to me. No hard feelings or apologies needed, I respect you for being a gentlemen about my strong feedback.
I just went after what I still believe to be a ridiculous point (note to add:, by the way I have posted some idiotic things myself that is a lot worse, that could easily be dug up).
But hey it is a free world and we can agree to disagree.
Unless less you have a question regarding my comments or thoughts, I have spoke my mind, and see no need to say any more, peace.
You are a true gentleman, your apologies are not necessary. You have been kinder than I have.

hogwash !

tha future holds many possibilites .......my good kind friend . ha!

My Dad made me out into the woods and get my own switch. There became an art to it. To skinny it would break and holy crap that wasn't good. To big and damn it hurt. That being said, Peterson went overboard by the looks of it. I never got smacked anywhere else but on my butt.

I think Cris Carter hit the nail on the head with his commentary yesterday on this topic. To paraphrase, he basically said "my parents whipped me with switches when I was a kid, and you know what? My parents were wrong". I see a lot of people on social media talking about how they were also disciplined with whippings when they were young, but nobody wants to admit that maybe their parents were wrong too. There are other ways to discipline a child without leaving cuts and bruises on them.

Getting your butt whooped is discipline, even if you get it with a switch, belt or whatever, except when you get hit hard enough that it breaks the skin and you bleed. At that point, you're being assaulted.

I think Cris Carter hit the nail on the head with his commentary yesterday on this topic. To paraphrase, he basically said "my parents whipped me with switches when I was a kid, and you know what? My parents were wrong". I see a lot of people on social media talking about how they were also disciplined with whippings when they were young, but nobody wants to admit that maybe their parents were wrong too. There are other ways to discipline a child without leaving cuts and bruises on them.

good commentary by collingsworth on snf last nite too.
ie--supreme court analogy.

http://www.wxyz.com/sports/adrian-peterson-placed-on-commissioners-exempt-list-will-not-play-sunday

(WXYZ) - The Minnesota Vikings announced star running back Adrian Peterson will not be playing for the team this Sunday.

In a statement released at 2:00 a.m. Wednesday, the Vikings said:

"This has been an ongoing and deliberate process since last Friday’s news. In conversations with the NFL over the last two days, the Vikings advised the League of the team’s decision to revisit the situation regarding Adrian Peterson In response, the League informed the team of the option to place Adrian on the Exempt/Commissioner’s Permission list, which will require that Adrian remain away from all team activities while allowing him to take care of his personal situation until the legal proceedings are resolved. After giving the situation additional thought, we have decided this is the appropriate course of action for the organization and for Adrian.

We are always focused on trying to make the right decision as an organization. We embrace our role - and the responsibilities that go with it – as a leader in the community, as a business partner and as an organization that can build bridges with our fans and positively impact this great region. We appreciate and value the input we have received from our fans, our partners and the community.

While we were trying to make a balanced decision yesterday, after further reflection we have concluded that this resolution is best for the Vikings and for Adrian. We want to be clear: we have a strong stance regarding the protection and welfare of children, and we want to be sure we get this right. At the same time we want to express our support for Adrian and acknowledge his seven-plus years of outstanding commitment to this organization and this community. Adrian emphasized his desire to avoid further distraction to his teammates and coaches while focusing on his current situation; this resolution accomplishes these objectives as well.

We will support Adrian during this legal and personal process, but we firmly believe and realize this is the right decision. We hope that all of our fans can respect the process that we have gone through to reach this final decision.

Peterson was deactivated by the Vikings before their game against the New England Patriots last Sunday. He was then reactivated Monday morning by Vikings ownership.

The latest move likely comes after heavy persuasion from the league offices and Vikings sponsors.

AP needs to focus on this, not football.

I want to see this get situated for himself because his livelihood is on the line, if found guilty. Better to get business settled before playing football again.

Sad thing is that he thinks he's right in doing it because his dad did it to him.The pics of the kid were taken like 5 days after it happened.Just imagine what that kid looked like when it happened.

AP lost his 2 year old son by a brutal beating by another man's hands... I severely doubt he meant to cause more harm to his other child. Leave the man alone. He's been through enough already. This is a private matter that the media doesnt need to torture him with.

AP lost his 2 year old son by a brutal beating by another man's hands... I severely doubt he meant to cause more harm to his other child. Leave the man alone. He's been through enough already. This is a private matter that the media doesnt need to torture him with.
Did you see the pics of the kid?Plus he beat the kid on his ass and the kid had defensive marks on his hands.He beat that kid from top to bottom.The other child that he's accused of beating has SCARS from it.**** HIM.

Did you see the pics of the kid?Plus he beat the kid on his ass and the kid had defensive marks on his hands.He beat that kid from top to bottom.The other child that he's accused of beating has SCARS from it.**** HIM.
Im not defending his actions, Im just saying I wish the media would let him deal with it privately with the police instead of letting the entire world know and then millions, who have never met AP, slam him on social media for one report from ESPN.

Im not defending his actions, Im just saying I wish the media would let him deal with it privately with the police instead of letting the entire world know and then millions, who have never met AP, slam him on social media for one report from ESPN.
We live in a different world now. A perfect example of how social media sucks ass.

They went privately with police on the first one.Which is what probably led him to believe he could do it again.Not sure why this went twice to the grand jury but I bet the NFL had a big hand in trying to cover it up from the beginning.He should have been brought up on charges the first time this was presented.

pied piper media just keeps growin & growin on nfl scandal . who'll be next ? tony ?

Whether he meant to or not, he did. He deserves whatever he gets. No sympathy for child abusers. He crossed the line big time between discipline and abuse. From the kids answers to questions, it certainly doesn't sound like this was the first time.

Peterson was indicted on September 11, 2014 by a Montgomery County, Texas, grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child that occurred on May 18, 2014.[10][11] He is accused of beating his four-year-old son repeatedly with a tree branch, causing severe welts and bleeding on the child's back, legs, buttocks, genitals and ankles.
From here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Peterson

Adrian Peterson, already facing felony charges in Texas for child abuse, was accused in a previous incident involving another son who was 4 years old, KHOU-TV in Houston has reported. KHOU cited text messages that reportedly include a photo of the son with an apparent head wound covered by bandages.
Mother: "How does that happen, he got a whoopin in the car." Peterson: "Yep." Mother: "Why?" Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self." According to the report, Peterson then goes on to say he was disciplining his son for cursing at a sibling, though how specifically the child was wounded wasn't made clear. Mother: "What did you hit him with?" Peterson never directly answered, the report said, but later replied: "Be still n take ya whooping he would have saved the scare [scar]. He aight [all right]."

From here. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...vikings-faced-previous-child-abuse-accusation

Enough said. Fuk him.

Peterson was indicted on September 11, 2014 by a Montgomery County, Texas, grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child that occurred on May 18, 2014.[10][11] He is accused of beating his four-year-old son repeatedly with a tree branch, causing severe welts and bleeding on the child's back, legs, buttocks, genitals and ankles.
From here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Peterson

Adrian Peterson, already facing felony charges in Texas for child abuse, was accused in a previous incident involving another son who was 4 years old, KHOU-TV in Houston has reported. KHOU cited text messages that reportedly include a photo of the son with an apparent head wound covered by bandages.
Mother: "How does that happen, he got a whoopin in the car." Peterson: "Yep." Mother: "Why?" Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self." According to the report, Peterson then goes on to say he was disciplining his son for cursing at a sibling, though how specifically the child was wounded wasn't made clear. Mother: "What did you hit him with?" Peterson never directly answered, the report said, but later replied: "Be still n take ya whooping he would have saved the scare [scar]. He aight [all right]."

From here. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...vikings-faced-previous-child-abuse-accusation

Enough said. Fuk him.
Upon his release from prison Peterson should be ordered to complete anger management classes, a state approved parenting course as well as English grammar 101.

I was in the store the other day. Standing in the checkout line and there was a black mother & child infront of me. The kid was bothering his mom and she told him to stop. The kid began pulling on the mothers purse again and the mother reached over and slapped the back of the kids head and told him to stop, or she'd hit him twice as hard next time. Needless to say, the kid stood absolutley still and didnt say a word for the duration of checking out. I thought it was a job well done.

Now obv peterson's case is much more violent but I thought I'd share that story.

tree branch ? thought that was what crashed thru a guy's house or car in hurricane / tornado. ?

if we all let these self centered media folks start deciding guilt / innocence in their biased articles...who is next ?

folks in ap's texas area are gonna decide his fate. vikings / nfl too. tha way it should be.

when tha media starts puttin out articles .....pre-deciding tony's grand jury outcome.....ya'll remember this !

they would have put my dad under the jail.....but every time i had an iffy situation come up i just felt my scar area and i remember how bad it hurt at the time and i chose the right decision. he didn't intend to leave a scar but it happened...his whoppings kept me and my brothers outta jail, i'm sure of that.

Back
Top Bottom